+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Slight difference between actual answer and answer marked by me for speaking section

Sunny1988

Feb 13, 2018
Hey guys,

While practicing for IELTS listening section, there was slight difference between the answer given in answer key and answer marked by me. For example, a section carried instruction "no more than 3 words". For certain question in that section, my answer was "Government report". The answer as per answer key for that question was "a government report". Can someone please clarify if my answer will be marked correct or incorrect?

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Hey guys,

While practicing for IELTS listening section, there was slight difference between the answer given in answer key and answer marked by me. For example, a section carried instruction "no more than 3 words". For certain question in that section, my answer was "Government report". The answer as per answer key for that question was "a government report". Can someone please clarify if my answer will be marked correct or incorrect?
If they said 'a' government report in the audio, then the answer should be 'a government report' . Also you need to be sure when to use lowercase and uppercase characters, like government, Canada, Tom etc.

Last edited:

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Hey guys,

Sunny1988,
I would say tow the line on answers in Listening section without debating on how can this be an answer and so on and so forth...

Be as strict as you can be with yourself while evaluating your answers during mocks. I had similar issues when i started preparing. One of the things that I did was while transferring answers to answer sheet is check for sentence completion...

Good Luck!

Reactions: iamhammad