+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Worker: AOR, Medical Exam ... then?

redwood

Feb 12, 2005
Could anyone please give me some insight into what I might expect with my standard skilled worker application process? Here's the scenario:

I received AOR in January 2006 (Buffalo NY)
In October 2006 received a request to go for my medical examination and provide a police certificate within 90 days.

So what does this mean? Could they still ask for an interview?
Also, I already submitted my proof of funds with my application -- when do you think I'll have to submit them again if at all?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2moms2bc

Star Member
May 1, 2005
Saint Paul, MN
Gee, I wish I could tell you. But, since we submitted our application to Campbell Cohen in May 2005, got an AOR of June 2005, and got transferred to the black hole of Detroit in June 2006 - no IA, no request for meds, nothing - I can't help ya'.

Yes, I am VERY annoyed. I should just stop checking the boards 'cause seeing people who applied MONTHS after us move forward makes me just want to scream! But, I keep hoping I'll see promising news...

But, hey, good luck! Maybe if any of the CC professionals are really monitoring the boards they'll post a response.

Cheers!

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Redwood,

Medicals are normally the last step before deciding the fate of an application. I think its highly unlikely that you ll be called for an interview.

Best of Luck

redwood

Feb 12, 2005
Hey, thanks all.
What about proof of funds? I see from the posts that some people got asked for it when they got their interview waivers and some people didn't. I haven't been asked for it, but I submitted mine with my application.?

2moms2bc, I sincerely hope things speed up for you soon. Good luck!

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Well, I believe they ask for it one more time where there is a big gap of time b/w the submission of proof and time of processin of application.

It is a good idea to keep some proof (money, cheques etc) at the time of landing as well. Since there are some cases where they have been asked to show the proof.