+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

skilled work permit ....applying from UK

goodie

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
hi guys,

I am in need of your assistance for the application of skilled worker. I am going to apply for it, I live in UK at the moment and have claimed 66 points and would need to get 67 to pass it. Although, after scoring that points I have read at the end of the page that it says "you may still apply if you can economically establish yourself in canada". and asking to mention in a seperate sheet in detail about the skills you have. However, it takes 6months of processing time from here, i am thinking of applying for it. What would you suggest me to do.

Furthermore, it is also asking me to show $11,115 (is it right) in cash in my bank account. Do i just need to show current statement from bank or do i need to show 2 to 3 months of bank statement?.

Please can anyone guide me as i am running out of time.

Thanks in advance.....

pentouch

Dec 21, 2010
Hi,
Check out the cic guidelines and follow them accordingly. You are right that if u can prove beyond reasonable doubt that you can establish yourself in canada you may be considered. However, this will depend on the visa officer's discretion. But I would advice you to make your points up to 67 and over to be on a safe side, may be by doing an Ielts test which gives you a max of 16point if you are high proficient.

Peace

goodie

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
thanks for reply,

although i have gained 66 points from adding my exp and my english proficiency. But, my work experience is 11 months and will be 12 when my application will be in process in canadian embassy, would this be a problem, is it ok if i explain in seperate letter to CIO officer that my experience will be completed by the time my application is in process, would he agree with it. what would you think?

And, I have done my IELTS with 6 bands of score three years before and they are asking for maximum 1 year old test reports, but, having living in UK from past three years and my education here in english medium I hope i can apply, can I? I can also get a letter from university saying that all taught courses was in english.

Would this help me in satisfying the CIO officer with regards to my exp and english language proficiency.

Furthermore, i have basic language ability to deal in French from different CDs and other resources that i have learnt, but have no documentation like test reports etc to show., can i claim 2 points for it as a basic ability to deal in language and make it upto 68 points.

last question --- do they call you for an face to face interview, if so when after applying.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
goodie said:
hi guys,

I am in need of your assistance for the application of skilled worker. I am going to apply for it, I live in UK at the moment and have claimed 66 points and would need to get 67 to pass it. Although, after scoring that points I have read at the end of the page that it says "you may still apply if you can economically establish yourself in canada". and asking to mention in a seperate sheet in detail about the skills you have. However, it takes 6months of processing time from here, i am thinking of applying for it. What would you suggest me to do.

Furthermore, it is also asking me to show $11,115 (is it right) in cash in my bank account. Do i just need to show current statement from bank or do i need to show 2 to 3 months of bank statement?.

Please can anyone guide me as i am running out of time.

Thanks in advance.....
Please also note that it will take longer than 6 months to get your visa. We will be looking at the 6 month anniversary of our application reaching CIO Sydney in 4 days time, and although ECAS tells us it is received by visa office we still haven't had 2nd AOR from London yet.

So I think 12 months would be more realistic. Even that may be optimistic but we simply do not know the timescales for post-June-26 applicants at London yet since their process is different.

Regarding your funding, you have to prove that the money belongs to you and that you are not simply borrowing it from someone. A current balance/statement without several months statements showing your banking activity may result in rejection because the immigration officer could in no way be convinced that the money belongs to you.

So usually 3 months bank statements at a minimum is required. If the money is genuinely yours why not include 6 months statements to be on the safe side? Any large deposits will have to be explained, though.

Also regarding your French proficiency, they will not allow you any points unless you back this up with acceptable test results (IELTS or similar). If you can take a language test which backs up your language claims then you can claim some points for French as a secondary language. Currently I think there are 24 total language points up for grabs - 16 for the main language and 8 for the secondary language, although this is reputedly changing in July 2011 with the new rules coming out.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

goodie

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
Thanks "Cuppocino" for your kind reply, could you please help me in answering the following questions?

1. I want to apply this mid march and my experience makes 12 months this last week of april. Can i send my application as when it is in process it will be twelve months which makes my overall experience of an year and gives me 15 points.

2. My area of work is as a Production Operator in an automation company, but i dont know which NOC i will be qualified for, as the industry uses very heavy electronic mahcines for its production. Please can you let me know which NOC does it fall in and is it qualified?

3. And about my funds, I have a geniune of over 8,000 can dollar in my savings account and can overtake easily upto $11,115 and more while my application is in process, i have bank statements with me. Would it be considered ?

4. My IELTS is 6.0 bands and over 3 yrs but I am living in England from since then (3 Yrs) and English is my first language of preference, can i send my IELTS test report and claim points on it and how about if i add a additional letter from the university i have gained my Master degree saying that the taught course was in english. ( i have posted same question as another thread on this forum but i would appreciate your answer).

5. My stay in England expires in Nov this year and i have over 8 months remaining and then i have to go back to my home country and this is the reason i want to send my application this mid march.

I am claiming points for the factors i have below listed -

Master degree (education) - 25 Points
Age - 25 - 10 Points
English lang - 16 ( IELTS - 6.0 bands scored 3 yrs and english as major language for me since then).
Work Exp - it will be completed during my application in process(one month after applying) - 15 points.

altogether 66 Points and an extra letter describing about my skills and ability to self establish economically in canada.

Furthermore, if i explain in one more seperate letter to the officer about my english test and funds with further saving in few months can make more than required and about my experience making an year during or exactly one month after applying, does it work?

I am very much concerned about it, please help me and offer me a geniune advice as i have extremely limited time.

Do you think i should make a representative who can help me and offer me advice...should i do it?

Finally, even if I apply i am confident if i have a chance to meet with case worker i can convince him/her.

Please help me... (and forward me if you know which category of NOC i would be fit for as for the position I have described above).

Thanks very much in advance.