08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hi all,

I have a question about the skilled work experience requirement for the CRS ranking system. This is what the website says:

Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

• at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
  • in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B),
  • within the last 10 years, and
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
My first question is: when it says that it needs to be the same NOC skill type (0, A, or B), does this mean it needs to be in the exact same NOC code? Or does your experience need to be in NOC types 0, A, or B? For example, if I was 6 months in a NOC code and another 6 months in a different NOC code, both type A, will this count as one year?

And my second question (this may be a bit obvious because of the above, but I just want to double-check): do paid internships count? It says there that unpaid internships do not count, so I'm assuming paid internships do count? If so, does anyone know if you need to receive a certain amount for the internship, or will any amount do? I'm about to start an internship in the US that doesn't pay much, but it does pay, and it is also in a NOC type A position.

Thank you, all! I will appreciate any info that you can provide.

Victor

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
VictorCA said:
Hi all,

I have a question about the skilled work experience requirement for the CRS ranking system. This is what the website says:

My first question is: when it says that it needs to be the same NOC skill type (0, A, or B), does this mean it needs to be in the exact same NOC code? Yes, It says in the same NOC code. Or does your experience need to be in NOC types 0, A, or B? For example, if I was 6 months in a NOC code and another 6 months in a different NOC code, both type A, will this count as one year? No.

And my second question (this may be a bit obvious because of the above, but I just want to double-check): do paid internships count? No. It says there that unpaid internships do not count, so I'm assuming paid internships do count? If so, does anyone know if you need to receive a certain amount for the internship, or will any amount do? I'm about to start an internship in the US that doesn't pay much, but it does pay, and it is also in a NOC type A position.

Thank you, all! I will appreciate any info that you can provide.

Victor