+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Trade Stream for OINP / NOC 7311

jithilseb1

Aug 31, 2019
India
Category........
Hi guys I am currently working as a welder in a company in Ontario.I don't have a skilled trade certificate from Canada.From my research welder is not a compulsory trade in Ontario,can I apply for OINP skilled trade.Will they ask for any certifications?.My company will provide me experience letter.

jogarca11

May 9, 2020
Hi guys I am currently working as a welder in a company in Ontario.I don't have a skilled trade certificate from Canada.From my research welder is not a compulsory trade in Ontario,can I apply for OINP skilled trade.Will they ask for any certifications?.My company will provide me experience letter.
Hi if welder is not a regulated trade, the best is your employer provides you a letter stating that your position requires special experience which you posses and does not require a license to be performed.

jithilseb1

Aug 31, 2019
India
Category........
Thank you bro.You are applying under 7311 which is construction millwright it is also not regulated right?similar to welder documentation.

jogarca11

May 9, 2020
Thank you bro.You are applying under 7311 which is construction millwright it is also not regulated right? similar to welder documentation.
Yes those trades are similar in Ontario, they are not regulated and does require certain years of experience to perform it in certain companies. As long as you provide the letter from your company should be fine, this letter would be aside the regular employment letter with all the fields required by the OINP. The ministry during the assessment will check it and also that your duties align with your NOC code (This is very important).

jithilseb1

Aug 31, 2019
India
Category........
Yes those trades are similar in Ontario, they are not regulated and does require certain years of experience to perform it in certain companies. As long as you provide the letter from your company should be fine, this letter would be aside the regular employment letter with all the fields required by the OINP. The ministry during the assessment will check it and also that your duties align with your NOC code (This is very important).
Thank you bro for the valuable advise. If u don't mind can you please share me a sample of the letter which our company should provide saying the employee have some special experience.It would be very helpful so that I can convince my company.If you are ok u can sent it to my email id Jithil.seb@gmail.com.