+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Immigration Educational requirement

prome9001

Jan 21, 2015
Hello,

Please note that I am willing to make an application to Canada Express Entry requirement as a skilled immigrant. I need to know whether my qualification may affect my application. My current age is 29 years from Bangladesh.

I have a completed both of my graduation (LL.B Hons - University of London external program) and post Graduation (LL.M - locally) in the subject Law.
But currently I have around 4 Years working experience in Hewlett Packard (Enterprise Group) selling servers, storages and networking devices which is related to Technology Sales and requires in depth technical skills.

Now my question is that whether my Educational Background and Experience will have any effect throughout the Canadian Express Entry Pool and if possible provide me with better advises to make the application more successful.

khanandfamily

Jan 23, 2015
simply to answer, YES, your education will play a part in your chances of being selected.
in the new 'Pool' system they will select only the 'top ranked' profiles for invitations to apply for PER.
now, imagine you are in an open field with a lot of applicants and CIC has come to select some people with 'Technology sales skills'
they will rank all those who have the related skills and then rank them. Since you have the skill they rank you against other applicants & they will compare you
with other applicants (their experience, education, field of education, any training they received etc.) and select the top ranked few. If other applicants have more relevant education background, they will have better chances of being selected.
since you can not change your education, a good idea will be to add some related training to your profile as they add up a lot of values.
Hope this helps.
good luck.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
prome9001 said:
Hello,

Please note that I am willing to make an application to Canada Express Entry requirement as a skilled immigrant. I need to know whether my qualification may affect my application. My current age is 29 years from Bangladesh.

I have a completed both of my graduation (LL.B Hons - University of London external program) and post Graduation (LL.M - locally) in the subject Law.
But currently I have around 4 Years working experience in Hewlett Packard (Enterprise Group) selling servers, storages and networking devices which is related to Technology Sales and requires in depth technical skills.

Now my question is that whether my Educational Background and Experience will have any effect throughout the Canadian Express Entry Pool and if possible provide me with better advises to make the application more successful.
If you can find which NOC code is related to Technology Sales and it is in skill group 0, A or B then your experience will count towards the FSW stream.

Being educated to degree level provides a good amount of points too.

A first step is to take the IELTS test (Or TEF if you are more fluent in French), scoring highly on this gives you a great advantage.
Also, obtain an ECA for your degree, this is necessary because without an evaluation of your educational credentials to find out the Canadian equivalency, it's worth no points.

If you've no Canadian work experience within the last 3 years you won't qualify for CEC but as I said, if your work experience falls into a skill group 0, A or B and you have over a year of experience then you should qualify for FSW.

prome9001

Jan 21, 2015
Thank you both for your detailed responses. What I can conclude that, I should be eligible to apply for FSW. However due to the new system, my application might fall behind compared to other applicants in term of qualification.
So I may give a try applying for the FSW, but I have another query for that. Is it possible to make such application with Academic IELTS? As I can use that for student visa if I fail to achieve this Express Entry.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
prome9001 said:
Thank you both for your detailed responses. What I can conclude that, I should be eligible to apply for FSW. However due to the new system, my application might fall behind compared to other applicants in term of qualification.
So I may give a try applying for the FSW, but I have another query for that. Is it possible to make such application with Academic IELTS? As I can use that for student visa if I fail to achieve this Express Entry.
I'm afraid it needs to be General IELTS.

prome9001

Jan 21, 2015
Well thanks. Let me try to create a profile first and start my application.

Is it possible to enter the IELTS details later after receiving the IELTS-GT result?

If yes, let me prepare for IELTS and in the meantime start filling the CIC Express Entry profile.

My next question is, what should be my Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code) based on my experience mentioned above?

NIKHS

Jan 24, 2015
Hello,

Can anybody advise how many points i should get based on below evaluation done by WES ??
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Credential Authentication Official Transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Country India
Credential Bachelor of Laws
Year 2003
Awarded by Saurashtra University
Institution Status Recognized
Major/Specialization Law
Canadian Equivalency Three years of professional study

Remarks : The Bechelor of laws is the first professional degree in law in India
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
prome9001 said:
Well thanks. Let me try to create a profile first and start my application.

Is it possible to enter the IELTS details later after receiving the IELTS-GT result?

If yes, let me prepare for IELTS and in the meantime start filling the CIC Express Entry profile.

My next question is, what should be my Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code) based on my experience mentioned above?
You need to have your IELTS General results before you submit your profile.

prome9001

Jan 21, 2015
NIKHS said:
Hello,

Can anybody advise how many points i should get based on below evaluation done by WES ??
Credential Authentication Official Transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Country India
Credential Bachelor of Laws
Year 2003
Awarded by Saurashtra University
Institution Status Recognized
Major/Specialization Law
Canadian Equivalency Three years of professional study

Remarks : The Bechelor of laws is the first professional degree in law in India
Please make a new post for this, as this is no way related to my post.

Hello all,

Please help to answer my questions, if you have any suggestion.

prome9001

Jan 21, 2015
scylla said:
You need to have your IELTS General results before you submit your profile.
Yes I know that, but at least I can start filling out my form and edit the results before submitting the application.

Can someone help to identify my Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code) based on my experience mentioned above?

prome9001

Jan 21, 2015
Hello, can someone help to identify my Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code. I have around 4 Years working experience in Hewlett Packard (Enterprise Group) selling servers, storages and networking devices which is related to Technology Sales and requires in depth technical skills.