+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skill worker application return or retain: Decision from CIC

rizwanali

Feb 15, 2008
Hello every one...

I need advice about the situation which my friend is passing through....u can say I am passing through as he is very close friend of mine...

He applied through consultant (a well known according to our research) in May 2008 having a local office and head office in Toronto. My friend provided all the information to the consultant which he asked for. The consultant completed the form and send it to my friend for signing. My friend inform him that he has written wrong NOC. Instead of 0213 they have mentioned 2173 (my friend was working as Manager for last 3 years). But the consultant was of the view that it can be changed afterwards as it is not much critical at this time and it will again take 20 to 25 days more if changes are made (b/c forms are finally filled from Canada office). My friend agreed with him but constantly reminded him every third week. At last he got email from their head office in Toronto on Jan 20 2009, they informed him that the NOC 2173 is no longer valid and the application might be retained or return. It is really bad situation. Consultant don't even know what will going to happen and when will Canada Immigration office decision comes to either retain or return. A complete year seems to be wasted.

What step should we take now?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rizwanali said:
Hello every one...

I need advice about the situation which my friend is passing through....u can say I am passing through as he is very close friend of mine...

He applied through consultant (a well known according to our research) in May 2008 having a local office and head office in Toronto. My friend provided all the information to the consultant which he asked for. The consultant completed the form and send it to my friend for signing. My friend inform him that he has written wrong NOC. Instead of 0213 they have mentioned 2173 (my friend was working as Manager for last 3 years). But the consultant was of the view that it can be changed afterwards as it is not much critical at this time and it will again take 20 to 25 days more if changes are made (b/c forms are finally filled from Canada office). My friend agreed with him but constantly reminded him every third week. At last he got email from their head office in Toronto on Jan 20 2009, they informed him that the NOC 2173 is no longer valid and the application might be retained or return. It is really bad situation. Consultant don't even know what will going to happen and when will Canada Immigration office decision comes to either retain or return. A complete year seems to be wasted.

Well 2173 isn't on the list of "38" so it will be a refusal. He can only re-apply, but if he changes the NOC to 0123 I doubt that it will be believed by Sydney.

PMM

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
in May 2008 nobody knew what NOCs would be on the list, now referred to as the 38 list, so why blame the consultant???

relycanada

Dec 21, 2008
Hi PMM,
site of this forum still states that 2173 is in the list by providing various titles. Reproduced below:-
rely

0213 Computer and Information Systems ManagersComputer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Click here for a list of Example Titles of this occupation.
Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:
Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)
Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)
Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
LAN managers (in 2281 Computer Network Technicians)
Software Engineers and Designers (2173)

PMM said:
Hi

rizwanali said:
Hello every one...

Well 2173 isn't on the list of "38" so it will be a refusal. He can only re-apply, but if he changes the NOC to 0123 I doubt that it will be believed by Sydney.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

relycanada said:
Hi PMM,
site of this forum still states that 2173 is in the list by providing various titles. Reproduced below:-
rely

0213 Computer and Information Systems ManagersComputer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Click here for a list of Example Titles of this occupation.
Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:
Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)
Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)
Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
LAN managers (in 2281 Computer Network Technicians)
Software Engineers and Designers (2173)

PMM said:
Hi

rizwanali said:
Hello every one...

PMM
Believe what you want, unless you are Manager in 0213 Unless they perform the majority of the essential tasks it won't be approved.

Main duties
Computer and information systems managers perform some or all of the following duties:

* Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
* Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
* Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
* Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
* Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
* Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.

PMM