+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skill Transferability factors - Foreign work experience

ashraf1988

Apr 18, 2017
I did 3 months training as Software Engineer with a company. Does traineeship under my NOC Code counts as foreign work experience?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did 3 months training as Software Engineer with a company. Does traineeship under my NOC Code counts as foreign work experience?
Training is a training ! Part of your personal history and an activity that you will choose in your personal history.

Can you arrange an experience letter from that company stating your job responsibilities during that training. Can they give you a letter showing how many hours per week you worked? Can they give you a letter, stating your designation and the monthly salary you received from the company that trained you?

G Luck

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
If you were paid during these 3 months, then yes. You will still need to get reference letters from the company.

kevD

Jun 23, 2017
HELP!!!
My CRS show is showing 396 but when i did the online cic test here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp I scored 421 (which should be my score). For some reason, my skill transferrability marks for foreign language and work experience is 50 in total on the demo but 25 in the main one. Why is this so? Am i entering work experience wrongly? because i have full score for my IELTS

Mgk072

Jan 25, 2018
Skill transferability factors
Education
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 13
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 25
Subtotal = 38

Foreign work experience
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 13
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 25
Subtotal = 38

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 76

I get this when I add two years of Canadian experience and 2 years of total experience. I don't see those 38 points in my EE profile. Am I doing something wrong maybe? I have two years of Canadian experience and no foreign experience at all. Please advise.

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Skill transferability factors
Education
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 13
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 25
Subtotal = 38

Foreign work experience
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 13
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 25
Subtotal = 38

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 76

I get this when I add two years of Canadian experience and 2 years of total experience. I don't see those 38 points in my EE profile. Am I doing something wrong maybe? I have two years of Canadian experience and no foreign experience at all. Please advise.
Since you don't have any foreign experience other than in Canada, I think your second subtotal has not been considered.

mona.r

Mar 26, 2018
I am so confused about Skill transferability factors. How they calculate it? Can anyone please explain?