+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SK immigration experience

waveblue

Dec 22, 2015
Hi,
I am very new to this forum.Recently I got nomination through SINP under the NOC2171.
But I am doubtful about job condition in SK also weather condition is not good(too much cold).
So I am requesting expert or experienced people to share their experience about below matters and I think it will be very much helpful for lot of peoples those are planning to move there.

1)Current job situation in SK.
2)Landing experience.
3)Weather condition.
4)Living cost.
5)If anybody failed to get any suitable job there in 3-6 months then is it possible to move different province?

Thanks in advance.

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
For those who migrate from the tropical countries it will take some time to adjust to the weather which will be a bit harsh to begin with but after few seasons it will not be such an issue.. For kids unless they have medical issues will not have any problems with weather.. Its the elderly who will take time to adjust,

Cost of living will be around CAD 2000 a month to begin with for a family of 4.. Rent, Car, Food and basics..

Job will be based on your education and experience and your adaptability to the conditions, employers and nature of work.. If you work hard in any job you can earn and survive.

This is from my personal experience as I have lived in these conditions for more than 8 years..

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-24-2015 sent to Sydney CIO
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/ application
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
waveblue said:
Hi,
I am very new to this forum.Recently I got nomination through SINP under the NOC2171.
But I am doubtful about job condition in SK also weather condition is not good(too much cold).
So I am requesting expert or experienced people to share their experience about below matters and I think it will be very much helpful for lot of peoples those are planning to move there.

2)Landing experience.
3)Weather condition.
4)Living cost.
5)If anybody failed to get any suitable job there in 3-6 months then is it possible to move different province?

Thanks in advance.
I am from a tropical country, I've been into Alberta Northern part before I became a nominee and a worker of Saskatchewan.

1. Everything is the same Job competition is hard specially on Main City's but doesn't matter even if you dont get your dream job here as long as you can support your family in short I love it here :D
2. My first day here in Saskatchewan ofcourse everything is the same too :D. How people treat you, smell of the wind , houses, trees lol in short I love it here :D
3. Weather is the same :D winter is freezing, spring is muddy, summer is hot and fall is leafy :D in short I love it here :D
4. Tax has PST which I know never existed in alberta I just don't now with other province but basically the same prices of groceries seems like I don't feel any difference. Rent is low :D and I actually purchased my first car here and of course in short :D I love it here!
5. If you are nominated by an employer just be nice to them since they helped you as long as they did not abuse you. If you got nominated by SINP without any employer it is stated on the code of conduct which you signed on your application for SINP that you will work for Saskatchewan then correct me everyone if I'm wrong . You are not allowed to leave maybe for a certain period of time but give Saskatchewan a chance to prove that YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE :D. by the way some people say that once you get PR you can go wherever you want in Canada but it's your call. All I can say is :) I love it here so don't waste your nomination lots of people is dreaming to have what you holding right now :D

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
waveblue said:
Hi,

2)Landing experience.
3)Weather condition.
4)Living cost.

Thanks in advance.
Hello in the same boat,

I really understand you we have the same concerns,

I just enrolled in

http://settlementonlineprearrival.ca/

take a look to this site, that helps people soon coming to Saskatchewan, you
will find online courses and person-to-person support

Good luck

Sandeep1708

Mar 28, 2010
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
CIO, NS: 09 June, 2015 (Outland)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
26 May, 2015 (SINP Without J/O; Jan 02,2015 Batch)
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Aug 26, 2015
Med's Request
Sept 23, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 30, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM & PPR: Jan 11, 2016
LANDED..........
March 2016
mryoso said:
I am from a tropical country, I've been into Alberta Northern part before I became a nominee and a worker of Saskatchewan.

1. Everything is the same Job competition is hard specially on Main City's but doesn't matter even if you dont get your dream job here as long as you can support your family in short I love it here :D
2. My first day here in Saskatchewan ofcourse everything is the same too :D. How people treat you, smell of the wind , houses, trees lol in short I love it here :D
3. Weather is the same :D winter is freezing, spring is muddy, summer is hot and fall is leafy :D in short I love it here :D
4. Tax has PST which I know never existed in alberta I just don't now with other province but basically the same prices of groceries seems like I don't feel any difference. Rent is low :D and I actually purchased my first car here and of course in short :D I love it here!
5. If you are nominated by an employer just be nice to them since they helped you as long as they did not abuse you. If you got nominated by SINP without any employer it is stated on the code of conduct which you signed on your application for SINP that you will work for Saskatchewan then correct me everyone if I'm wrong . You are not allowed to leave maybe for a certain period of time but give Saskatchewan a chance to prove that YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE :D. by the way some people say that once you get PR you can go wherever you want in Canada but it's your call. All I can say is :) I love it here so don't waste your nomination lots of people is dreaming to have what you holding right now :D
Impressive and motivating... I'm lovin' it ;)

+1

Sandeep1708

Mar 28, 2010
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
CIO, NS: 09 June, 2015 (Outland)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
26 May, 2015 (SINP Without J/O; Jan 02,2015 Batch)
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Aug 26, 2015
Med's Request
Sept 23, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 30, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM & PPR: Jan 11, 2016
LANDED..........
March 2016
tetunte said:
Hello in the same boat,

I really understand you we have the same concerns,

I just enrolled in

http://settlementonlineprearrival.ca/

take a look to this site, that helps people soon coming to Saskatchewan, you
will find online courses and person-to-person support

Good luck
Yes... I too enrolled with them and found really helpful. Strongly recommending to future Saskatchewanian :D

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mryoso said:

Thanks for the wonderful post!! I just got nominated few days back and have already started loving Saskatchewan!!! :)

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
mryoso said:

This post is truly a breeze of fresh air. Thank you. I am used to see a lot of negativity around this forum.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I know that this process of moving to a new country is not going to be easy for me and this post really gives me hope...