+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister and her Son's Visitor Visa - No Major Progress Since Mar 22nd March 2017

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Applied for my sister and her son's tourist visa to Canada; I am a Canadian citizen.

21st March 2017 - Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI
22nd March 2017 - Visa application, tracking ID No.XXX is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI

After that no updates till now :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's not unusual. It's quite possible for a visitor visa to take a few months to process. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait and hope for the best. Good luck and hope you get an approval.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Oh ok; I heard if it crosses timeline of 19-20 days chances are more for rejection; is it true ?

I have booked tickets for them in early June; I hope by that time decision is taken !

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Bryanna,

Is above timeline OK or there are chances of rejection as it's delayed by a day than usual timeline of 19-20 days

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Ajay,

The amount of time it takes to process an application does not indicate whether it will be approved/refused. Both approvals and refusals are possible within a few days or even after a few months of processing.

Perhaps processing is currently taking longer due to a high volume of applications received by NDVO.

You can check for more updates by linking their paper apps to their online accounts (like you've asked in another thread). After you link it, you will be contacted only through MyCIC.

You can send CSEs if you don't hear from IRCC by Week 1 of May. They will most probably get decisions before that

Cheers

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Today finally status changed:

Sister's Status: Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXX– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 26/04/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Her Son's Status: Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXX– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 26/04/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Hi Bryanna, Is it a positive sign or we only know when we collect and open the package ?
Is there any way I can find out if Visa was granted ?

ibhdb

Oct 11, 2016
You can check the status by linking applications to gc key account on cic website.

Plz update about the status as soon as you get the passport/status.

Best of luck.

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
Today finally status changed:

Sister's Status: Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXX– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 26/04/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Her Son's Status: Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXX– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 26/04/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Hi Bryanna, Is it a positive sign or we only know when we collect and open the package ?
Is there any way I can find out if Visa was granted ?
I applied on 22 march and still no update

Do update about your sis n her son visa granted

And mean time you can link aaplication with cic account to get status there

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Do you know if it will come by courier to agent who applied or my sisters address ?
Asking as agent had a heart attach few days back and he is hospitalized.

ibhdb said:
You can check the status by linking applications to gc key account on cic website.

Plz update about the status as soon as you get the passport/status.

Best of luck.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Can I link on my sister and her son's behalf ? Can you share the process how to do same ?
Just an FYI - I am in Canada and they are in India.

Anwers said:
I applied on 22 march and still no update

Do update about your sis n her son visa granted

And mean time you can link aaplication with cic account to get status there

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
Can I link on my sister and her son's behalf ? Can you share the process how to do same ?

[/quote

Go www.cic.gc.ca

My application and make GCkey and then link their application to it for that you need application number and other information

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Have trouble linking application ?
Do you know what is application no; its not same as tracking no ?

Anwers said:
ajay95 said:

[/quote

Go www.cic.gc.ca

My application and make GCkey and then link their application to it for that you need application number and other information