+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Sponsorship with Expired PR Card

nasir598

Apr 12, 2015
Hi, my PR card has expired as its renewal required some residency obligation. I am legally living with my family and working for past 1.5 years in Saskatchewan.

My question:

Can I sponsor my relative in SINP program with expired PR card. My niece has got ITA as a SINP candidate, and she has to upload my PR card

What could be the best option? Highly appreciate if anyone can share their experience.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my PR card has expired as its renewal required some residency obligation. I am legally living with my family and working for past 1.5 years in Saskatchewan.

My question:

Can I sponsor my relative in SINP program with expired PR card. My niece has got ITA as a SINP candidate, and she has to upload my PR card

What could be the best option? Highly appreciate if anyone can share their experience.

Thanks
Ask SINP for clarification if you need a valid PR card. Would assume you cannot use an expired PR card because it shows you don’t meet residency obligations but again contact SINP. If you do need one then your niece may need to decline the nomination and apply again when you have valid PR card. Or if she has enough points without family points then continue with application.

Reactions: nasir598