28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what is PGWP?
Open work permit that someone gets after completing a program that is full time and at least eight months long in Canada as an international student. This is a very basic term.

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
I believe if you have a job offer or connection in Saskatchewan than you get 30 extra points which helps u getting 80 or plus points there is no other way you can exceed 60 points without having any connection. So that means the Sinp is only for those who have connection otherwise I don’t know why in there website it says it has to be minimum 60 points. How about hose people who have education who have experience but still can’t get it because of this connection!!! Which they put the highest points among all.. not fair at all

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I believe if you have a job offer or connection in Saskatchewan than you get 30 extra points which helps u getting 80 or plus points there is no other way you can exceed 60 points without having any connection. So that means the Sinp is only for those who have connection otherwise I don’t know why in there website it says it has to be minimum 60 points. How about hose people who have education who have experience but still can’t get it because of this connection!!! Which they put the highest points among all.. not fair at all
It's actually very fair, because otherwise anyone can just use SINP for PR without doing any work or taking any risk. And Canadian employers could simply hire people from overseas and pay them minimum wage, which would impact the integrity of Canada's job market.

I had to quit my job in Britain, move to SK on a work holiday visa, get a good job and get nominated - it took me 18 months of proving myself just to get that nomination. Many others had to take lots of debt to study in Canada and then work in shitty or skilled jobs to earn a nomination. I'd feel pretty pissed if somebody else from overseas who has never step foot in the country didn't have to do any work and simply clicked a button to get a nomination. Where's the effort in that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's not about fair. It's about selecting the best candidates for Canada.

Reactions: moscatojuices

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Most draws are from 68-72 so those people do not have job offer or family connections. They just have a two or more degrees/Masters, full employment points and excellent English scores. SINP focuses on NOCs in demand so a draw may be lower if looking for particular NOCs (trades, healthcare). Immigration isn't about being fair. 60 is the minimum score so if at 61 then your family member needs to improve English language scores, learn French, expand on education. Draws are never the minimum score. So research past draws and you will see a wide range of scores and NOCs.