+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Relative Inquiry

Mes200

Mar 3, 2023
Hi Everyone,

My first cousin lives in Saskatchewan which i got 20 additional points for and i received an ITA on 15th December and submitted my document on the 13th Feb
My question is i found my first cousin husband had sponsored his brother who should be coming this month to Sask.

Will my application be in jeopardy of rejection since i really didnt know about the situation and the website states that each household can sponsor one application at a time ?

Not sure what do they mean by household as my connection is through my first cousin not her husband.

any thoughts?

Thanks all

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My first cousin lives in Saskatchewan which i got 20 additional points for and i received an ITA on 15th December and submitted my document on the 13th Feb
My question is i found my first cousin husband had sponsored his brother who should be coming this month to Sask.

Will my application be in jeopardy of rejection since i really didnt know about the situation and the website states that each household can sponsor one application at a time ?

Not sure what do they mean by household as my connection is through my first cousin not her husband.

any thoughts?

Thanks all
Correct. Only one household can support one applicant at a time. Your cousin lives with spouse who is supporting another relative. They are married so one household. The person they are supporting must have lived and worked in the province for at least 6 months. Whether your application goes to PIU for further review will not be known until SINP reviews your documentation. You may get lucky.

Close family members can support one application at a time (one household can support one application at a time). If a family member is already supporting a SINP application, they cannot support another application until the nominee they are supporting has lived and worked in Saskatchewan for six months. Your family member’s application will need to include documentation from their close relative regarding their previously supported applicant.

Reactions: Mes200

Mes200

Mar 3, 2023
Correct. Only one household can support one applicant at a time. Your cousin lives with spouse who is supporting another relative. They are married so one household. The person they are supporting must have lived and worked in the province for at least 6 months. Whether your application goes to PIU for further review will not be known until SINP reviews your documentation. You may get lucky.

Close family members can support one application at a time (one household can support one application at a time). If a family member is already supporting a SINP application, they cannot support another application until the nominee they are supporting has lived and worked in Saskatchewan for six months. Your family member’s application will need to include documentation from their close relative regarding their previously supported applicant.
Thank you !

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
recieved stamped passports on 29-7-15
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Hi Everyone,

any thoughts?

Thanks all
Mes200, SINP says one household can sponsor one person/family at a time. To sponsor another person, the family has to wait till 6months after the arrival of the first persons that they sponsored.
Right now there is nothing else you can do but just wait and pray that SINP reaches your cousin to request the documents about the first family that they sponsored. All the best!

Reactions: Mes200

harpalsingh19

Mar 4, 2023
Hi Everyone,

any thoughts?

Thanks all
hello
as per my understanding Your cousin is not sponsoring you but you just claimed points against his residence , I think nothing should be wrong and those points should be considered and no issues should be there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello
as per my understanding Your cousin is not sponsoring you but you just claimed points against his residence , I think nothing should be wrong and those points should be considered and no issues should be there.
No. Cousin is supporting the EOI and application. Not sure what you mean by claiming points against a residence. Did you read the requirements? Only one application per household.

supporting-family-guide.pdf (weebly.com)