+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Qualification point system

bahadurs20

Jan 9, 2024
Hello friends,

I am currently pursuing bachelors of engineering in India, which is going to finish next year. I am 20 year old. I was going through SINP website and referring to point system calculation, which says one must need 60 points out of 110 to qualify for SINP. However, I do not have any employment offer in Saskatchewan, nor any skilled experience, but SINP website does mention about points based on employment offer or Canadian education. However, I have maternal uncle who lives in Saskatchewan and he is permanent resident there ( assuming I can get some points there) and I am also preparing for IELTS at the same time. Can someone please help me to understand how can I qualify for SINP just based on points system without any employment offer from Saskatchewan employer or Canadian education/experience ?

Thank you kindly

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello friends,

I am currently pursuing bachelors of engineering in India, which is going to finish next year. I am 20 year old. I was going through SINP website and referring to point system calculation, which says one must need 60 points out of 110 to qualify for SINP. However, I do not have any employment offer in Saskatchewan, nor any skilled experience, but SINP website does mention about points based on employment offer or Canadian education. However, I have maternal uncle who lives in Saskatchewan and he is permanent resident there ( assuming I can get some points there) and I am also preparing for IELTS at the same time. Can someone please help me to understand how can I qualify for SINP just based on points system without any employment offer from Saskatchewan employer or Canadian education/experience ?

Thank you kindly
You are not eligible for SINP until you have at least a year of skilled work experience, and ECA for degree. Even with only a year and uncle in province, it may not be enough for nomination. It is your NOC and SINP score that must be selected in a draw, so your skilled work experience. Your education must match your NOC. Your NOC may also be licensed. Research the draws and scores.

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Hello friends,

Thank you kindly
I would recommend using following link to calculate your points. If you get degreee assesses by WES and hoping they give you full points in bachelors degree that will give you 20 points, highest score in clb gives you 20 points as well, 8 points for your age, 2 points for your work experience of 1 year ( YOU NEED A MINIMUM OF 1 YEAR OF WORK EXPERIENCE) and 20.points for relative in sasktachewan...all this makes you eligible for the program..but again there are lots of Ifsss. No harm in trying . You never know your points are enough to bring up your name in the draw they do. And yes make sure you read the particular noc and check whether it needs license or not...if yes, then you will have to apply for license beforehand

bahadurs20

Jan 9, 2024
You are not eligible for SINP until you have at least a year of skilled work experience, and ECA for degree. Even with only a year and uncle in province, it may not be enough for nomination. It is your NOC and SINP score that must be selected in a draw, so your skilled work experience. Your education must match your NOC. Your NOC may also be licensed. Research the draws and scores.
Thank you Naturgrl - Can you please tell how can I have one year skilled work experience, while studying ? Do you mean I need to take 1 year field experience in my bachelors' education before I apply for nomination ?

bahadurs20

Jan 9, 2024
I would recommend using following link to calculate your points. If you get degreee assesses by WES and hoping they give you full points in bachelors degree that will give you 20 points, highest score in clb gives you 20 points as well, 8 points for your age, 2 points for your work experience of 1 year ( YOU NEED A MINIMUM OF 1 YEAR OF WORK EXPERIENCE) and 20.points for relative in sasktachewan...all this makes you eligible for the program..but again there are lots of Ifsss. No harm in trying . You never know your points are enough to bring up your name in the draw they do. And yes make sure you read the particular noc and check whether it needs license or not...if yes, then you will have to apply for license beforehand
Thank you dear for your time and response, much appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you Naturgrl - Can you please tell how can I have one year skilled work experience, while studying ? Do you mean I need to take 1 year field experience in my bachelors' education before I apply for nomination ?
For SINP, your job/NOC must match your education. So you must get a job in the engineering field and get one year of full time experience. So once you graduate, get one year of work experience in an engineering/computer NOC. Depending on your NOC, you may need an APEGS or CIPS license. Check the SINP draws to see if engineers are even selected.