+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP POF ISSUES

Tundez

Apr 19, 2020
Hi, pals
As SINP requires POF to be at least 3 months old before full application is submitted: what of the case of fixed deposit certificate, does it have to meet this requirement too?
I'm asking because most fixed deposits I know have tenor of 6 months, and if it's 3 months old before submission, then it'd most likely expire before nomination is out

Tundez

Apr 19, 2020
I know they accept fixed deposits, the main clarification I need is if it also has to be at least 3 months old, before it could be used

Tundez

Apr 19, 2020
Yes they will accept fixed deposits. Submit a letter from the bank also mentioning account number,start date,balance amout.
I know fixed deposit is accepted, the clarification I need is if it also has to be at least 3 months old, before it could be used

mayori

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Hi,
I have question about POF. Let's say I have 30% of required fund as per SINP requirement then if I add other 70% just in a month but deposit itself 7 months old would it be accepted?
thanks.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
I know fixed deposit is accepted, the clarification I need is if it also has to be at least 3 months old, before it could be used
It should be 3 months old at the submission time of your application and you should maintain it till the application process is completed.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
You can get the letter from the organization you are working along with the PF statement or passbook from the EPF portal. Also you can submit the payslip which has the PF account details and amount.

Reactions: sonianair

AndyIndUAE

Apr 17, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi,
How can I show my PPF account as POF?
I believe PPF is not freely repatriable as the scheme is for 15 years. If you can get letter from bank, it's fine.

My understanding is that SINP expects you to have proof of funds 3 months prior to the date of application to final approval stage. See below URL - Settlement of Funds section :

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-saskatchewan-express-entry/required-documents-for-saskatchewan-express-entry

I had received ADR to submit latest bank statements covering period 3 months prior to application submission and current dated confirmation for fixed deposit being still in place.

Reactions: Tundez

AmosB

Jul 4, 2020
Hello All,

Please I need your help. I submitted my application sometime in March 2020. I had the required proof of funds for over six 6 months. However, when ITA wasn't coming, I decided to invest part of the money in money market. A week later, I got ITA, so wrote to my bank to move the money back to the savings account. Would this affect my application?

nikhil_pal

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
I believe PPF is not freely repatriable as the scheme is for 15 years. If you can get letter from bank, it's fine.

My understanding is that SINP expects you to have proof of funds 3 months prior to the date of application to final approval stage. See below URL - Settlement of Funds section :

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-saskatchewan-express-entry/required-documents-for-saskatchewan-express-entry

I had received ADR to submit latest bank statements covering period 3 months prior to application submission and current dated confirmation for fixed deposit being still in place.

Did you showed the entire amount in Fixed deposits or partial in Fixed deposit and partial in Savings Account. I have the entire amount in Fixed deposits so will it be enough to just show the Fixed deposit Certificates and Bank Letter.

AndyIndUAE

Apr 17, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I showed on fixed deposits and 1 savings account . However, sometimes bank issues letter covering all accounts.

It will be enough so long as the fixed deposits were placed at least 6 months prior to application and remain valid during the process.

Before issuing the nomination, SINP may ask you to submit a new letter if any FD has matured during this period.

nikhil_pal

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
I showed on fixed deposits and 1 savings account . However, sometimes bank issues letter covering all accounts.

It will be enough so long as the fixed deposits were placed at least 6 months prior to application and remain valid during the process.

Before issuing the nomination, SINP may ask you to submit a new letter if any FD has matured during this period.
Thanks for the reply.
I am planning to submit Bank Letter and the FD Receipts for the POF. Will that be enough?