+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP nominee. Soft landing in Vancouver [URGENT]

klvsajay

Sep 18, 2022
Hi my entire family is flying in from Singapore. Our first and nearest stop will be Vancouver.

Can we successfully declare our PR status at this port? We don't intend to travel to Regina this time. We will provide a mailing address in Regina to send the PR cards.

We intend to fly out of Canada from Vancouver itself once our PR has been declared and move to Regina only later next year once we secure jobs/housing etc.

Is this possible? Has someone done such a thing succesfully without running into problems? What kind of complications can I expect and how can I be prepared.?

I have to be sure because we are flying all the way from the other part of the world and don't want to return without completing the PR formalities.

Pease help!

mitiriki

May 26, 2019
you got PR through SINP and are you planning to stay this one year in Vancouver or you are coming back to your country before settleing in Regina?
you have to prove to the officer at the POE that you are going to settle in the province that nominate you.

klvsajay

Sep 18, 2022
you got PR through SINP and are you planning to stay this one year in Vancouver or you are coming back to your country before settleing in Regina?
you have to prove to the officer at the POE that you are going to settle in the province that nominate you.
@mitiriki, no I am not going to stay in Vancouver for 1 year. I am planning to literally stay there 1 day. I will come back to Singapore and return to Regina next year. What kind of proof can I provide at the POE to convince the officer that I will be settle in the province that nominated me? Like I said, I will be giving a mailing address in Regina.

smrmeo

Sep 18, 2022
What kind of proof can I provide at the POE to convince the officer that I will be settle in the province that nominated me?
@klvsajay
I don't think you can provide any proof to convince the officer that you will be settle in SK anytime soon.

Because, in facts, you are not going to reside there the moment you arrive Canada but only next year.

Besides, I assume for now you also have nothing to convince the officer that you are surely 100% will settle in SK next year.

klvsajay

Sep 18, 2022
@klvsajay
I don't think you can provide any proof to convince the officer that you will be settle in SK anytime soon.

Because, in facts, you are not going to reside there the moment you arrive Canada but only next year.

Besides, I assume for now you also have nothing to convince the officer that you are surely 100% will settle in SK next year.
So what is the solution to this? Is there no way to do a soft landing at all then?

smrmeo

Sep 18, 2022
So what is the solution to this? Is there no way to do a soft landing at all then?
Maybe you and your family should really go to Regina and stay there for about a week or something then go back to Singapore. That way, you could show the officer your flight tickets to Regina and convince them you are going to settle there now (which is not true, I'm not recommending this). But in the whole process, if they find out your intention is not to stay there, you could be in trouble.

klvsajay

Sep 18, 2022
Maybe you and your family should really go to Regina and stay there for about a week or something then go back to Singapore. That way, you could show the officer your flight tickets to Regina and convince them you are going to settle there now (which is not true, I'm not recommending this). But in the whole process, if they find out your intention is not to stay there, you could be in trouble.
Definitely intend to go to Regina, but ofcourse this will take time. Not sure how showing a ticket to Regina is going to convince them either (as there will be a return ticket as well). Looks like you do not know the answer then. Anyone else able to help/guide?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
This isn't an urgent query, let's get real. You're overthinking it.

An officer recognizes that you need time to pack up your affairs and move to Canada. What they're looking for is your intent to move to the province you were nominated in -so long as your intent is genuine they'll be convinced. Showing them a prospective settlement plan may help.

Just be honest and say you've arrived to get your PR card mailed and need additional time to sort your affairs. You're being honest about it, and given that what the f*ck will they do? Cancel your PR because you're not ready to move yet? No reasonable human can expect you to come live in Canada the moment you have your CoPR.

Where you'd be in trouble is if - like some of the other cheats on this forum and in other cases - you duped the SINP for PR and then landed to live in BC with your long lost son.

So, go to Canada, be upfront and honest with the officer (they're reasonable people) - being truthful with them isn't going to possibly affect your status. Lying will.

All that being said, I am super confused at why you're wasting all this time and money flying to Canada only to go back when you have your CoPR. Is there a reason for this? I'm presuming your expiry date is relatively soon?

Last edited:

klvsajay

Sep 18, 2022
This isn't an urgent query, let's get real. You're overthinking it.

An officer recognizes that you need time to pack up your affairs and move to Canada. What they're looking for is your intent to move to the province you were nominated in -so long as your intent is genuine they'll be convinced. Showing them a prospective settlement plan may help.

Just be honest and say you've arrived to get your PR card mailed and need additional time to sort your affairs. You're being honest about it, and given that what the f*ck will they do? Cancel your PR because you're not ready to move yet? No reasonable human can expect you to come live in Canada the moment you have your CoPR.

Where you'd be in trouble is if - like some of the other cheats on this forum and in other cases - you duped the SINP for PR and then landed to live in BC with your long lost son.

So, go to Canada, be upfront and honest with the officer (they're reasonable people) - being truthful with them isn't going to possibly affect your status. Lying will.

All that being said, I am super confused at why you're wasting all this time and money flying to Canada only to go back when you have your CoPR. Is there a reason for this? I'm presuming your expiry date is relatively soon?
Some good points here. Yeah its urgent because I was given less than 6 months (land before feb '23) to do the landing. Hence the urgency.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Some good points here. Yeah its urgent because I was given less than 6 months (land before feb '23) to do the landing. Hence the urgency.
It's not urgent. Let's be clear about what an urgency is: a 7 day deadline to respond to an immigration officer who has threatened to cancel your visa for misrepresentation or someone dying.

You have 5 months to get this sorted. This is totally not urgent.

Now if you have to land by/before Feb 23, why are you wasting your money and everyone's time by getting the PR card now? By the sounds of it you're literally coming and going, not even having a holiday? Why can't you just commit to settle a few days before expiry?

I'm so baffled.

klvsajay

Sep 18, 2022
It's not urgent. Let's be clear about what an urgency is: a 7 day deadline to respond to an immigration officer who has threatened to cancel your visa for misrepresentation or someone dying.

You have 5 months to get this sorted. This is totally not urgent.

Now if you have to land by/before Feb 23, why are you wasting your money and everyone's time by getting the PR card now? By the sounds of it you're literally coming and going, not even having a holiday? Why can't you just commit to settle a few days before expiry?

I'm so baffled.
Great to know you are baffled. I will be equally or more baffled if you tell me you managed to move within 6 months with your family in less than 6 month. I am all ears. You bothered to put your condescending remarks and waste your time to a person who you think will not listen to you anyway. You chose how you spend your time. Not me. So don't ask me why I am wasting your time (or others).

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Great to know you are baffled. I will be equally or more baffled if you tell me you managed to move within 6 months with your family in less than 6 month. I am all ears. You bothered to put your condescending remarks and waste your time to a person who you think will not listen to you anyway. You chose how you spend your time. Not me. So don't ask me why I am wasting your time (or others).
Again I think they and everyone totally understands that you can't move your family that quickly. So what I'm suggesting is why not just commit to move right before expiry and deal with the whole PR card/landing process then? My advice was aimed at saving you the money and not having a conversation with a border officer that's clearly worrying you in regards to the genuineness if your intent to reside in Regina. If you can move later, why not do then?

If you're still not ready by Feb, you can always do this manoeuvre of activating your card at that time instead of now.

PS The comments aren't condescending, my advice is usually different and comes across as abrasive online. Can't help it. Unlike others I'm straight up and believe in always being completely direct with a border officer and not pulling questionable tricks like "going to Regina for a week [wink wink]". CBSA aren't dumb, they know how to read people and whether they're lying or not, so don't even try. Be completely honest with them and no harm will be done.

This is the last I'll say on this matter. Good luck.

Last edited:

Rizu

Nov 16, 2017
Hello Members

I would like to get some advise regarding my travel plan to Canada in Jan 2024
I have got my CoPR through the SINP programme
I have my flight booked in Jan'24 to Toronto airport (YYZ) from UK, as per my knowledge, the PR process will be completed at Toronto airport.
I am going to stay in Toronto for a week at my brothers place and then will move to Regina, would this create any problem and do I have to show tickets for Regina.

Please advise, Thank you!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello Members

I would like to get some advise regarding my travel plan to Canada in Jan 2024
I have got my CoPR through the SINP programme
I have my flight booked in Jan'24 to Toronto airport (YYZ) from UK, as per my knowledge, the PR process will be completed at Toronto airport.
I am going to stay in Toronto for a week at my brothers place and then will move to Regina, would this create any problem and do I have to show tickets for Regina.

Please advise, Thank you!
No it won't, Canada does not punish you for landing and staying outside your destination province on a temporary basis. You have proof that you're staying with your brother and proof of onward travel to Regina. You're fine.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
You literally are a massive tool by the way, hope this all didn't go according to plan for you.