+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Nomination will be revoked in 9 days - Missing Info - Sk Adaptability

fravioflavio

Oct 4, 2022
Hi all,

I am a bit confused and have only a few days so please forgive me if this has been discussed before. I can't seem to find information.

1- I got SINP nomination in September 2021 and used it to apply for PR online (NOT Express Entry).
2- I lived in SK till Feb 2022 but I couldn't find a job in Canada for 2 months (very special field) so I am currently outside Canada for work since March 2022.
3- I still have a valid open work permit and enough funds frozen in a bank account.

I received the following letter which in Summary (I think) says that they will revoke my nomination if I don't provide clear connection to SK. I thought I am allowed to travel while my PR application is ongoing. Please let me know what you think or if you have seen something like this before.

P.S. I am trying to consult immigration lawyers but I have only 9 days and I am freaking out.

Thank you.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"This letter is to advise you that your application for the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee
Program (SINP) was received on xx‐xx‐xxxx, however, your application requires additional
documents to be processed.
Please refer to the attached list of missing and/or incomplete documents required to be
submitted to us by xx‐xx‐xxxx. The information and/or documents requested must be
submitted directly on the OASIS system.
If you require additional time to acquire the information and/or documents, then you must
request an extension from us before the deadline has passed. You can submit a request for
an extension through the ‘Request Additional Information’ record in OASIS, explaining the
reason(s) that you require more time to submit the information and/or documents
requested. An Immigration Officer will review your request and advise if an extension is
granted based on the reason(s) you provided. Not all requests for an extension will be
granted. If the request for an extension to submit the documents is received after the
deadline has passed, then it will not be considered. No request for an extension is
guaranteed. It is strongly encouraged that you submit as many of the requested documents
as possible before the deadline.
If we do not receive the information and/or documents by the deadline provided above,
then we will continue to assess your application. The absence of the information that was
requested may mean that the SINP cannot verify that you meet requirements which may
result in your application being deemed ineligible.
To submit your documents, please log into your OASIS account and click on 'Submit
Requested Documents'. Upload the requested document(s) on the 'Request Additional
Information' record and click the 'Submit' button. Please note that documents received via
email will not be accepted. You must attach all documents through your OASIS account.
Please do not contact the SINP regarding your file status as this may delay processing.
The SINP will contact you if further information is required. If any of your personal
information changes (i.e. mailing address, family composition, marital status, employment
status), please notify our office quoting your file number."
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Missing and/or incomplete documents:
Saskatchewan Adaptability
In order to maintain your Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) nomination, you must
provide proof of your continued economic self‐sufficiency and proof that you are currently residing
in Saskatchewan. You must provide these documents within ten days.
If you currently have a job in Saskatchewan, you must provide:
• Two recent pay stubs; and
• Your original job offer letter or a letter confirming your current employment from your employer.
If you do not currently have a job in Saskatchewan, you must provide:
• Proof of continued Saskatchewan residency, such as: driver’s license or identification card, health
card, 2021 Notice of Assessment, and lease agreement or mortgage documents.
• Proof that you continue to maintain settlement funds.
Proof of funds must: be official letters, official statements or certificates from one or more financial
institutions; have been maintained since the time of your nomination; and be in the name of the
principal applicant and/or spouse only.
Please note, the SINP will not grant extensions to this request. If you do not submit the required
documents, the SINP reserves the right to revoke your nomination certificate.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I am a bit confused and have only a few days so please forgive me if this has been discussed before. I can't seem to find information.

1- I got SINP nomination in September 2021 and used it to apply for PR online (NOT Express Entry).
2- I lived in SK till Feb 2022 but I couldn't find a job in Canada for 2 months (very special field) so I am currently outside Canada for work since March 2022.
3- I still have a valid open work permit and enough funds frozen in a bank account.

I received the following letter which in Summary (I think) says that they will revoke my nomination if I don't provide clear connection to SK. I thought I am allowed to travel while my PR application is ongoing. Please let me know what you think or if you have seen something like this before.

P.S. I am trying to consult immigration lawyers but I have only 9 days and I am freaking out.

Thank you.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"This letter is to advise you that your application for the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee
Program (SINP) was received on xx‐xx‐xxxx, however, your application requires additional
documents to be processed.
Please refer to the attached list of missing and/or incomplete documents required to be
submitted to us by xx‐xx‐xxxx. The information and/or documents requested must be
submitted directly on the OASIS system.
If you require additional time to acquire the information and/or documents, then you must
request an extension from us before the deadline has passed. You can submit a request for
an extension through the ‘Request Additional Information’ record in OASIS, explaining the
reason(s) that you require more time to submit the information and/or documents
requested. An Immigration Officer will review your request and advise if an extension is
granted based on the reason(s) you provided. Not all requests for an extension will be
granted. If the request for an extension to submit the documents is received after the
deadline has passed, then it will not be considered. No request for an extension is
guaranteed. It is strongly encouraged that you submit as many of the requested documents
as possible before the deadline.
If we do not receive the information and/or documents by the deadline provided above,
then we will continue to assess your application. The absence of the information that was
requested may mean that the SINP cannot verify that you meet requirements which may
result in your application being deemed ineligible.
To submit your documents, please log into your OASIS account and click on 'Submit
Requested Documents'. Upload the requested document(s) on the 'Request Additional
Information' record and click the 'Submit' button. Please note that documents received via
email will not be accepted. You must attach all documents through your OASIS account.
Please do not contact the SINP regarding your file status as this may delay processing.
The SINP will contact you if further information is required. If any of your personal
information changes (i.e. mailing address, family composition, marital status, employment
status), please notify our office quoting your file number."
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Missing and/or incomplete documents:
Saskatchewan Adaptability
In order to maintain your Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) nomination, you must
provide proof of your continued economic self‐sufficiency and proof that you are currently residing
in Saskatchewan. You must provide these documents within ten days.
If you currently have a job in Saskatchewan, you must provide:
• Two recent pay stubs; and
• Your original job offer letter or a letter confirming your current employment from your employer.
If you do not currently have a job in Saskatchewan, you must provide:
• Proof of continued Saskatchewan residency, such as: driver’s license or identification card, health
card, 2021 Notice of Assessment, and lease agreement or mortgage documents.
• Proof that you continue to maintain settlement funds.
Proof of funds must: be official letters, official statements or certificates from one or more financial
institutions; have been maintained since the time of your nomination; and be in the name of the
principal applicant and/or spouse only.
Please note, the SINP will not grant extensions to this request. If you do not submit the required
documents, the SINP reserves the right to revoke your nomination certificate.
What SINP program?

Reactions: fravioflavio

fravioflavio

Oct 4, 2022
Sure you can travel but you need to show your ties to Saskatchewan since you were nominated by the province under this special measure.
I understand. I guess my question is: I lived in SK for 7 years. Did my PhD there and worked for a few months afterwards. I am planning to move back and apply for jobs but getting a job & PR is a real catch 22 in my field. Any idea if that is enough ties? Should I ask for extension or just give up?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I understand. I guess my question is: I lived in SK for 7 years. Did my PhD there and worked for a few months afterwards. I am planning to move back and apply for jobs but getting a job & PR is a real catch 22 in my field. Any idea if that is enough ties? Should I ask for extension or just give up?
Contact SINP and ask for clarification. Do you have a Sask. driver’s license or health card? Didn’t you file taxes in 2021 and have NOA? These would be ties.

Reactions: fravioflavio

fravioflavio

Oct 4, 2022
According to the SINP phone agent: It is the applicant responsibility to stay in Saskatchewan!
Sounds like that's it! All the money and effort I wasted in Canada and it's my mistake they don't have jobs.

Good luck everybody.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
According to the SINP phone agent: It is the applicant responsibility to stay in Saskatchewan!
Sounds like that's it! All the money and effort I wasted in Canada and it's my mistake they don't have jobs.

Good luck everybody.
That’s awful. Why didn’t you submit an EE profile a long time ago? With PhD and Canadian work experience, you would have invited long ago.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Sorry to hear that. Agree with Naturgrl, why didn't you just go for Express Entry? Could you still do that - what's your CRS score?

And perhaps you don't want to if you have a better job/life where you are now (if your Canadian education helped you get there, I wouldn't call it a waste). What did you study??

fravioflavio

Oct 4, 2022
EE: They haven't invited my category for about two years (since covid started). Also, my work experience during PhD didn't count in EE but it counts in SINP. Maybe I could still apply for EE but currently I am just disappointed and demotivated because of how hard they are making it for me.

I agree I don't regret the time I spent on my degree. PhD was something I wanted. But I invested time, money and effort in jumping through the hoops, collecting documents, filling forms and taking exams & I thought it's better to work somewhere else than sit in SK and collect EI.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
EE: They haven't invited my category for about two years (since covid started). Also, my work experience during PhD didn't count in EE but it counts in SINP. Maybe I could still apply for EE but currently I am just disappointed and demotivated because of how hard they are making it for me.

I agree I don't regret the time I spent on my degree. PhD was something I wanted. But I invested time, money and effort in jumping through the hoops, collecting documents, filling forms and taking exams & I thought it's better to work somewhere else than sit in SK and collect EI.
EE started draws again, and with Phd you would have enough points. You would have had an ITA by now. Your work experience during your PhD (if skilled and have at least one year continuous) can count as foreign experience. If you have a year of Canadian experience then you can count that. So get your EE profile submitted ASAP if you are eligible. You could have an ITA by the next draw if your score is over 480.