+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP NOC 2174 Requirements

theexplorer

Apr 5, 2019
“You must have completed a minimum three year program in computer science, information technology, computer science systems, or a related discipline in integrated multimedia or computing science. Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered.”

The above text has been written in the newly added NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and interactive media developers of SINP OID list. My bachelor subject name is “Computer Science and Engineering”, can I not eligible for this NOC?

Looking forward to reply from experts!

Thanks

HKCAN

Sep 30, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Even i have the same question,My bachelor subject name is “Computer Science and Engineering”, am i eligible to apply for SINP under 2174.

HKCAN

Sep 30, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have sent an email by asking the query! Let's see if they reply.
Hi:

I would recommend that you contact the SINP for clarification on their requirements.

They generally do not accept CIPS accreditation from individuals with an Engineering degree.

Mary Jean

This is the reply I got from CIPS

Reactions: theexplorer

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Even i have the same question,My bachelor subject name is “Computer Science and Engineering”, am i eligible to apply for SINP under 2174.
Hi even I'm in the same situation. I was thinking to go for 2173 software engineer which has similar responsibilities as 2174 and accepts computer science engineering degree. Please advise if it's the right decision. Tia

HKCAN

Sep 30, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi even I'm in the same situation. I was thinking to go for 2173 software engineer which has similar responsibilities as 2174 and accepts computer science engineering degree. Please advise if it's the right decision. Tia
2173 is not in demand list of SINP

vishalc35

Oct 7, 2019
Hi all

Looking for the same thing. I have Master's in Computer science from USA institution. Am I eligible? Please help

khalidnm

Feb 24, 2020
Hello guys,

My degree in engineering is in Mechanical but I am working as Software Developer and my experience belongs to 2174 NOC so can I apply for SINP.