+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP for Electronics engineers working as Embedded Software Developer

Shantanu Ade

Oct 12, 2021
Hi all,

I want to apply for SNIP.
I graduated as Bachelors in Eletronics Engineering from India.
After that I worked for about 8yrs as Associate Engineer, R&D Engineer Firmware, Senior Sofware Engineer and Module Lead
All of this was in Embedded domain.

My experience as Embedded Software developer is captured in NOC 2173. However there is another NOC 2133 for Electrical or Electronics engineers.
Not sure if I can still proceed with SINP. Any input may help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I want to apply for SNIP.
I graduated as Bachelors in Eletronics Engineering from India.
After that I worked for about 8yrs as Associate Engineer, R&D Engineer Firmware, Senior Sofware Engineer and Module Lead
All of this was in Embedded domain.

My experience as Embedded Software developer is captured in NOC 2173. However there is another NOC 2133 for Electrical or Electronics engineers.
Not sure if I can still proceed with SINP. Any input may help
You can apply for SINP if you have your IELTS and ECAs through EE or OID. You want to have at least 70 as a score and you will need a provincial license for those NOCs. You match your responsibilities to the NOC. All information is on the SINP website.

Shantanu Ade

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks @Naturg

I refered SINP websites serveral times but didn't understood how to prove the experience matching with the field of study.
I see that in Canada, they have NoC 2173 for Electrical or Electronics engineers. I read the roles and responsibilities for the same and they are not matching
which my experience in Embedded System Software Development.

However, I had Embedded Systems and Coomputer Languages as part of my education under Electronics engineering.
That way, the kind of experience I have it relevant. But not sure if I need to prove all these things in SINP.

Also, the license I should be getting is for Electronics engineer as per my Degree or it should be for Software Developer as per my experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks @Naturg

I refered SINP websites serveral times but didn't understood how to prove the experience matching with the field of study.
I see that in Canada, they have NoC 2173 for Electrical or Electronics engineers. I read the roles and responsibilities for the same and they are not matching
which my experience in Embedded System Software Development.

However, I had Embedded Systems and Coomputer Languages as part of my education under Electronics engineering.
That way, the kind of experience I have it relevant. But not sure if I need to prove all these things in SINP.

Also, the license I should be getting is for Electronics engineer as per my Degree or it should be for Software Developer as per my experience?
SINP asks that your education matches your NOC. Eg. Engineering - NOC would be in the engineering area. So match your responsibilities to a NOC. Your education will match your NOC. You get the license related to your NOC.

Reactions: Shantanu Ade

JackRichard1

Feb 11, 2022
New technologies are very cool. Previously, I couldn't even think that I could work without the help of a secretary, keep up with everything, communicate with all clients and partners, and so on. Right now I'm using nection which does all the things the secretary used to do. The only difference is that I don't need to look for a person for this position and pay him a salary.

May 21, 2022
You can apply for SINP if you have your IELTS and ECAs through EE or OID. You want to have at least 70 as a score and you will need a provincial license for those NOCs. You match your responsibilities to the NOC. All information is on the SINP website.
I am right now in same boat. Can you please share your experience.
I have following profile and seeking some advice.

Self
Education: M.Tech (Software Systems), B.Tech (Electronics and Communications)
Current Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Experience: 12+ Years
NOCE: 2173

Wife Age: 36 Years
Education: Phd, M.Tech(Computer Science), B.Tech (Computer Science)
Current Position: Assistant Professor
Experience: 6+ Years
NOC: 4021

Ram6786542525

Jul 20, 2023
I have Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Masters in Computer Science, and I am working as a Software Engineer for the past 12 years with no breaks. My job responsibilities letter matches with the NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and that part is clear.

SINP has asked me to provide Engineer-in-Training membership from APEGS. Has anyone succeeded getting SINP nomination for NOC code 21231 - Software Engineer but APEGS certification is obtained based on Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineer (Electrical Engineering stream) though you have Masters in Computer Science. APEGS mentions that only Bachelors needs to be provided and not Masters. Does providing just Bachelors and obtaining APEGS certificate not conflict with my NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and is there any chance of SINP rejecting based on this (reason: Education doesn't match with Job).

Does SINP care about the stream from which Engineer-in-Training membership is obtained APEGS? I saw from APEGS certification that there is no stream mentioned in the certification, it just says Engineer-in-Training as opposed to Software Engineer-in-Training / Electrical Engineer-in-Training. So I feel it doesn't make a difference by choosing Electrical Engineering (with using just my Bachelors courses) / Software Engineer (with using both my Masters and Bachelors course). Please advice.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
I have Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Masters in Computer Science, and I am working as a Software Engineer for the past 12 years with no breaks. My job responsibilities letter matches with the NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and that part is clear.

SINP has asked me to provide Engineer-in-Training membership from APEGS. Has anyone succeeded getting SINP nomination for NOC code 21231 - Software Engineer but APEGS certification is obtained based on Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineer (Electrical Engineering stream) though you have Masters in Computer Science. APEGS mentions that only Bachelors needs to be provided and not Masters. Does providing just Bachelors and obtaining APEGS certificate not conflict with my NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and is there any chance of SINP rejecting based on this (reason: Education doesn't match with Job).

Does SINP care about the stream from which Engineer-in-Training membership is obtained APEGS? I saw from APEGS certification that there is no stream mentioned in the certification, it just says Engineer-in-Training as opposed to Software Engineer-in-Training / Electrical Engineer-in-Training. So I feel it doesn't make a difference by choosing Electrical Engineering (with using just my Bachelors courses) / Software Engineer (with using both my Masters and Bachelors course). Please advice.
Stop posting multiple times