syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
Hi

I am an employer in Toronto and i have my own web design and SEO Company in Toronto.
I am looking to open a company in Saskatchewan. I want to hire one of my friend who is in India.
Can I apply for his PNP as a new company in Saskatchewan.
How old should be the company and do i need to hire any Permanent Immigrant before and then I can apply for PNP for my friend.
Please reply.

thanks

Hope42010

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Brazil
Hi,

I believe that the company needs to have a least one year of history to qualify yet, if you open an office extention of your Toronto company in SK, it might be possible to get around of this rule considering that the company is already extabilished.
I sugest you to contact the SK office explaning your intentions and also explain that he is absolutely needed for the success of your SK endevour.

Good luck

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
As an employer, you'll have to advertise the position appropriately and if your friend is the best candidate, formally offer him the job. You then have to apply for a labour market opinion (LMO) for his application. If the LMO is positive, he uses this to obtain a temporary work permit (TWP). After he has 6 months of employment in Saskatchewan he can apply to the SINP. Once nomination is received he has a fixed time to submit the application for permanent residency.

If he doesn't apply for SINP you, as the employer will have to go through the entire job advertising, hiring and LMO application each time the TWP is extended. It's a risk your friend shouldn't take as if a canadian citizen with equivalent/better qualifications and experience applies his LMO may be denied.