ITA: 03 May 2023
Application submitted: 11 May 2023
Application Received: 12 May 2023
ADR: 02 June 2023
Additional Docs Submitted: 08 June 2023
ADR Status: Completed
Application sent to PIU: 15 June 2023
Waiting to hear back from PIU/SINP.

Any idea how long it takes to hear back from PIU?

Last edited:
Reactions: Adeyemo S. Debo

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
Below is my timeline for SINP:

NOC: 2173

PIU is serious so you are not following a usual path. It can take months to year once in PIU depending on why it was sent there. Do you know why? Usually it has to do with education not matching NOC, counting work experience before completion of degree, fraudulent documents etc. Assume you have a license for that NOC.

nashra85

Apr 25, 2022
PIU is serious so you are not following a usual path. It can take months to year once in PIU depending on why it was sent there. Do you know why? Usually it has to do with education not matching NOC, counting work experience before completion of degree, fraudulent documents etc. Assume you have a license for that NOC.
I have my NOC matching my work experience. For ADR, they requested ITR for last 6 years which I supplied along with payslips and bank statements matching the payslips.
I don't have CIPS license yet as I just applied for it when I submitted the ITA. CIPS says it takes 4-6 months to get license.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have my NOC matching my work experience. For ADR, they requested ITR for last 6 years which I supplied along with payslips and bank statements matching the payslips.
I don't have CIPS license yet as I just applied for it when I submitted the ITA. CIPS says it takes 4-6 months to get license.
Ok. All you can do is wait. There are no timelines for PIU. Your processing will not proceed without approved CIPS.

Oct 27, 2022
Hi,

I am applying under NOC 21221 under SINP EE Stream.

I have 8 years of work experience as a Business Analyst.
However, my education is MBA and B.tech in Metallurgical engineering.

Will this create a problem ?

I have received invitation on 18th May and preparing my application

NOC CODE requirement:
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, information systems or a related discipline or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

nashra85

Apr 25, 2022
Hi,

I am applying under NOC 21221 under SINP EE Stream.

I have 8 years of work experience as a Business Analyst.
However, my education is MBA and B.tech in Metallurgical engineering.

Will this create a problem ?

I have received invitation on 18th May and preparing my application

NOC CODE requirement:
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, information systems or a related discipline or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
Your experience may not match with your ECA. Hopefully previous applicants can shed some insights.

Ram6786542525

Jul 20, 2023
I have Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Masters in Computer Science, and I am working as a Software Engineer for the past 12 years with no breaks. My job responsibilities letter matches with the NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and that part is clear.

SINP has asked me to provide Engineer-in-Training membership from APEGS. Has anyone succeeded getting SINP nomination for NOC code 21231 - Software Engineer but APEGS certification is obtained based on Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineer (Electrical Engineering stream) though you have Masters in Computer Science. APEGS mentions that only Bachelors needs to be provided and not Masters. Does providing just Bachelors and obtaining APEGS certificate not conflict with my NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and is there any chance of SINP rejecting based on this (reason: Education doesn't match with Job).

Does SINP care about the stream from which Engineer-in-Training membership is obtained APEGS? I saw from APEGS certification that there is no stream mentioned in the certification, it just says Engineer-in-Training as opposed to Software Engineer-in-Training / Electrical Engineer-in-Training. So I feel it doesn't make a difference by choosing Electrical Engineering (with using just my Bachelors courses) / Software Engineer (with using both my Masters and Bachelors course). Please advice.

anucanadapr

Oct 9, 2023
Hi all,
Below is my timeline for SINP:

NOC: 2173

Hey have you heard back,,pls share.

nashra85

Apr 25, 2022
Hi! Have you heard from them yet? My partner submitted his and we are still waiting. He also got invited in the same batch as you.
I haven't heard anything from them yet. Website says processing time is 25 weeks (6 months). I finish 6 months in 2 weeks from today.

BlakeyLew

Dec 2, 2023
I haven't heard anything from them yet. Website says processing time is 25 weeks (6 months). I finish 6 months in 2 weeks from today.
I suppose the processing time is just an estimate. We are past the 25 weeks mark by about 3 weeks or a month. Hopefully we hear back soon! Good luck!