+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP approved... canadian son... included in the application

kosygene21

Feb 22, 2014
hi am new here... just wanted to ask something... just received my nomination from SINP (sk) and getting ready to submit my application for PR at CIC... i have a 3-year old Canadian born citizen son but i brought him in the Philippines in 2012... of course i declared him in my application submitted in SINP as my dependant and when i received my nomination there was a note that says, family member included in the application which means i have to pay federal fee for him as well... so this also means that once i am advice to take medical exam/test, he would also be required the same? even if he is a canadian born citizen? can somebody help me please clarify this... thanks

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no medicals for children below 18 is what I understand.

and because he is canadian born a birth certificate would be sufficient

kosygene21

Feb 22, 2014
i have a friend who has a 4-year old son and took medical... yes, he has birth certificate to prove his citizenship... and it was provided in my application...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kosygene21 said:
hi am new here... just wanted to ask something... just received my nomination from SINP (sk) and getting ready to submit my application for PR at CIC... i have a 3-year old Canadian born citizen son but i brought him in the Philippines in 2012... of course i declared him in my application submitted in SINP as my dependant and when i received my nomination there was a note that says, family member included in the application which means i have to pay federal fee for him as well... so this also means that once i am advice to take medical exam/test, he would also be required the same? even if he is a canadian born citizen? can somebody help me please clarify this... thanks
Hi

You child will not be required to undergo a medical, you will not need to pay fees for him and you do not include him as a dependent in your application, which means you not list him on IMM0008, Generic Application Form For Canada. You will need to list him on IMM5406, Additional Family Information. Include a copy of his Canadian birth certificate.

propain said:
There is no medicals for children below 18 is what I understand.
All those immigrating to Canada require a medical from a panel physician, even children, though the requirements are dependent on the age. Generally, those under the age of 5 only have a simple check-up, 5 years and older includes urine tests, 11 years and older includes a chest X-ray, and 15 years and older will undergo a full medical.