+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single mother immigrant

immaryam

Jul 13, 2019
Pakistan
hello all,
I have read most of the thread and still want to clear few points specifically,
I am a single mother with a son dependent of 10yrs old. I have work experience of almost 4yrs in technical field outside Canada, however i need to know the following specifics:
- i have tried eligibility test score and don’t show any field of divorce in marital status what should i choose in that field?
- what specific documents required for express entry as a single mother?
- How much minimum points do i require to qualify as a single mother?
- How much funds in (USD) do i need to show for me and my son?
- What is the difference between immigration citizenship grant, provincial nomination and permanent residence? Do i have to apply separately for all?
- if I only apply for express entry and don’t apply for provincial nomination is that ok?
- If i get immigration will that be all? Will i be allowed to hunt, apply, start job as soon as i get there?
- How much Ielts min score do i need?
Specific guidance or links will be very helpful
Thank you very much in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello all,
I am a single mother with a son dependent of 10yrs old. I have work experience of almost 4yrs in technical field outside Canada, however i need to know the following specifics:
- i have tried eligibility test score and don’t show any field of divorce in marital status what should i choose in that field?
- What is the difference between immigration citizenship grant, provincial nomination and permanent residence? Do i have to apply separately for all?
- if I only apply for express entry and don’t apply for provincial nomination is that ok?
- If i get immigration will that be all? Will i be allowed to hunt, apply, start job as soon as i get there?
Think you need to do quite a lot more reading because these are pretty basic questions. You’re single if divorce isn’t an option. What is your CRS score? Are you eligible to immigrate (points over 67)? Current CRS cut-of is 460.

Reactions: Nacereddine

immaryam

Jul 13, 2019
Pakistan
Think you need to do quite a lot more reading because these are pretty basic questions. You’re single if divorce isn’t an option. What is your CRS score? Are you eligible to immigrate (points over 67)? Current CRS cut-of is 460.
Emmm, i have confusion with this question in the CRS ranking tool. can you help me understand?

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

will i add my work experience in years (that is ouside canada?)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Emmm, i have confusion with this question in the CRS ranking tool. can you help me understand?

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

will i add my work experience in years (that is ouside canada?)
Why would you do that? The question says "in Canada".

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
hello all,
You need to do some more reading on the Express Entry process. Forget about citizenship for now, it's got nothing to do with Express Entry.

Go through this first - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Here is the table on proof of funds - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

You have 2 family members (you and your son), so you'll need to show $15,772 CAD.

And yes, if you become a Canadian PR, you will be allowed to start working from the day you land. There are no further requirements.

Vanessaeko

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
You need to do some more reading on the Express Entry process. Forget about citizenship for now, it's got nothing to do with Express Entry.

Go through this first - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Here is the table on proof of funds - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

You have 2 family members (you and your son), so you'll need to show $15,772 CAD.

And yes, if you become a Canadian PR, you will be allowed to start working from the day you land. There are no further requirements.

Hi, i am a single mother, could anyone please help me on documents required to move to Canada with my son who is 0.7 years old. There is no father's name on birth certificate of my son. Do I still need any documentation to show i am the sole parent? Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, i am a single mother, could anyone please help me on documents required to move to Canada with my son who is 0.7 years old. There is no father's name on birth certificate of my son. Do I still need any documentation to show i am the sole parent? Thank you in advance.
Unrelated but have you looked at the cost of daycare in Canada. If you are a single parent unless you have quite a lot of savings you will really struggle when you move to Canada unless you have a very good salary.

Vanessaeko

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Unrelated but have you looked at the cost of daycare in Canada. If you are a single parent unless you have quite a lot of savings you will really struggle when you move to Canada unless you have a very good salary.
Hi please unrelated in what way? Is it that I don't need any further documentation or show of custody since it's just my name on the birth certificate.

I am trying to research and make provision for daycare but I want to establish this fact before i start

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi please unrelated in what way? Is it that I don't need any further documentation or show of custody since it's just my name on the birth certificate.

I am trying to research and make provision for daycare but I want to establish this fact before i start
Given the father is not on the birth certificate you should be fine but I am not the visa officers. I am warning you about daycare costs since in Toronto for example many parents are paying over $2000/month. With a single income daycare payments as well as living costs becomes very difficult unless you have saved in advance or have a good paying job before you arrive. Just getting a spot to be able to pay +$2000/month could be difficult. I would really consider coming to Canada when you child is in kindergarten or grade one. Then you maybe only paying before and after school care plus summer camp which will still severely effect your budget. Unless you have a large support system or a high paying job you are setting yourself up to struggle. Just trying to provide some friendly advice.

Reactions: Yemjim

moshal29

Dec 14, 2019

Hi dear, i don't think you need any doc from the father since he isn't stated.

Don't be discouraged by day care fees..you can get a high paying or flexible job

Stay focused...good luck

HimaliSwara

Apr 30, 2020
Hi,

I need guidance. Me and my husband are planning to apply for Canada PR. Can I include my dependent child from my first wedding in the same PR application or do I have to apply separately for her? Also, what documents should be needed if i include her as i have got her custody and all the rights to take decisions for her and on behalf of her, that is mentioned in the divorce decree. As my daughter uses my maternal surname in school, ID proof, passport etc. Will that be sufficient or do I still need consent letter from her father if she will be moving with me. Please help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I need guidance. Me and my husband are planning to apply for Canada PR. Can I include my dependent child from my first wedding in the same PR application or do I have to apply separately for her? Also, what documents should be needed if i include her as i have got her custody and all the rights to take decisions for her and on behalf of her, that is mentioned in the divorce decree. As my daughter uses my maternal surname in school, ID proof, passport etc. Will that be sufficient or do I still need consent letter from her father if she will be moving with me. Please help.
You are required to include her. You need to show the legal decree granting you full custody. You don't need the father's consent.

HimaliSwara

Apr 30, 2020
You are required to include her. You need to show the legal decree granting you full custody. You don't need the father's consent.
Thank you so much.
Also, my daughter is 8 years and now in 4th grade so does she need to get student visa in order to get admitted in elementary school in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much.
Also, my daughter is 8 years and now in 4th grade so does she need to get student visa in order to get admitted in elementary school in Canada?
You said you are applying for PR. PRs don't need study permits.