AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
"Starting on February 6, 2014 (00:01 EST), all visa applicants will automatically be considered for a multiple entry visa. The visa officer reviewing your application may be able to give you this type of visa even if you applied for a single entry visa" / "As of February 6, 2014, the issuance of a multiple-entry visa will be considered to be the standard and if an officer issues a single entry visa, the reasons are to be clearly entered in the case notes."
CIC continues to promote the issuance of long-term multiple-entry visas to facilitate entry to Canada for legitimate travellers. All applicants who are eligible will benefit and be issued a MEV; this includes those applicants who may select a SEV on their application form."

I was just wondering if any of you applied for a Single entry visa automatically received Multiple since the update on Feb 6, 2014?
My husband applied single entry not realizing that its the same fee of 100$ -- so I am just wanting some input .

M

mikeymyke

My wife applied as single, got multiple. Actually, I don't think the TRV application even asked if you want single or multiple, as the notice says, everyone is automatically considered for multiple.

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
it did say at the beginning i'm pretty sure that MEV or SEV. it sucks my husbands passport expires NOV '15 so if he gets the multiple it won't be too long.

thanks for the insight :)

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brittanyquesada said:
"Starting on February 6, 2014 (00:01 EST), all visa applicants will automatically be considered for a multiple entry visa. The visa officer reviewing your application may be able to give you this type of visa even if you applied for a single entry visa" / "As of February 6, 2014, the issuance of a multiple-entry visa will be considered to be the standard and if an officer issues a single entry visa, the reasons are to be clearly entered in the case notes."
CIC continues to promote the issuance of long-term multiple-entry visas to facilitate entry to Canada for legitimate travellers. All applicants who are eligible will benefit and be issued a MEV; this includes those applicants who may select a SEV on their application form."

I was just wondering if any of you applied for a Single entry visa automatically received Multiple since the update on Feb 6, 2014?
My husband applied single entry not realizing that its the same fee of 100$ -- so I am just wanting some input .
This is clear. All applicants will be given the multi-entry if approved. There will be very few cases given the single entry, when the officer decides a the multi one shouldnt be given for specific reasons. The fee is now $100 for all applications and its not up to the applicant to decide on the no. of entries on the visa.

honey_quim08

Oct 6, 2014
I applied online and I remember I selected for "single entry" and "less than 6 months" stay.
Luckily, i was given a multiple entry valid for 5 years (until my passport expires).

:D ;D

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hello guys,
My mom has multiple entry visa to Canada. She had visited us couple of times in the past and last time in March 2018 from India and then she visited my sister in USA for two months and now she is back to Canada but this time they didn't stamp anything on her passport at airport. So how long she can stay ? Six months from now or six months from March 2018 ? Do Canadian boarder officers use electronic data for exit and entry now, kindly advice ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,
My mom has multiple entry visa to Canada. She had visited us couple of times in the past and last time in March 2018 from India and then she visited my sister in USA for two months and now she is back to Canada but this time they didn't stamp anything on her passport at airport. So how long she can stay ? Six months from now or six months from March 2018 ? Do Canadian boarder officers use electronic data for exit and entry now, kindly advice ?
If they didn't stamp her passport, then she was allowed in based on her previous entry. So she has six months from March 2018.