+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

single entry visitor visa

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by CM2018, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Granted 6 month single entry visa can I apply for an extension before expiry date or does this only apply to multiple entry visas?

2. This is precisely why IRCC granted you a TRV of 6 months' validity. Your application was a borderline approval case because the visa officer didn't not believe you meet the requirements for a multiple-entry TRV nor that of a longer validity.

What is your reason for seeking an extension?

bellaluna and Buletruck like this.
  3. Keep in mind, you have a TRV that is valid for 6 months. CBSA at the point of entry will determine how long you are allowed to stay, and it may not be 6 months. Think of your 6 month single entry TRV as a test to see if you will abide by the conditions it was approved. I would suspect, if you applied for an extension it would be refused and future TRV’s would become difficult to obtain.

Bryanna likes this.
  4. Agreed

5. take your trip less then a month for easily handle CBSA officer .

6. Yes will leave before the 6 months is up. I am just trying to find out if anyone knows if it’s possible to apply for an extension with a single entry visa?

7. You can expect your next TRV application to either be refused.... or else to get a very short validity TRV (less than 6 months validity) in a best case scenario.... or your application to extend your status to be refused/given a short extension

8. Yes agree wid yuh maybe his funds was not enough for multiple trv ? Right @Bryanna