+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single Applicant and my wife passport still not ready

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
I'm from India and applied as single applicant under express entry.

I have to submit my application by 19th July but since my wife's passport has expired(more than 3 years) and it won't be ready by 19th July as we tried under Tatkal(Urgent) scheme and there is some issue in her documents so we have to go by Normal scheme (Her appointment at Passport office is on 4th July).

Is it possible to submit my documents without her passport(instead submit her passport application appointment receipt), police clearance certificate and medical results. Or should decline my invitation and return to the pool for next draw so that I get new submission date with new invite.

Please advise what option I have in this situation.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
When you say you applied as a single applicant, you mean you said you're single?

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
When you say you applied as a single applicant, you mean you said you're single?
No, I applied as married applicant and mentioned that my family would not be accompanying me in the short term ( one has to find a job on arrival and then I plan to bring my family.

My consultant advised me that the details of family members are also need to be provided even if they are not accompanying me.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, I applied as married applicant and mentioned that my family would not be accompanying me in the short term ( one has to find a job on arrival and then I plan to bring my family.

My consultant advised me that the details of family members are also need to be provided even if they are not accompanying me.
You do know that your wife will not get a PR card, and you'll have to sponsor her through the family sponsorship - which can take over a year? Your consultant explained this to you, right? Why aren't you adding your wife to the application - points dropping too much?

The passport is pretty much the most important document. You could try submitting the application form and an LOE, but it's unlikely to go through.

You could also try writing to CIC and asking them to extend your submission date. What's your CRS score? If you're above 420, you could just decline and wait for the next ITA and save yourself the hassle.

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
I dont remember exactly, but your wife's passport details are not required in that case. Others may add on. A suggestion, fire your consultant right away. You should have included your wife in your application even though you plan to bring her back later. Its a difficult process to invite your spouse later. Right now she just have to do a soft landing after getting PPR. Later you cannot predict which way the CRS score would go.

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
My CRS is 417. I did not include her because it was lowering my CRS score further. But looking at current scenario it seems that the score would remain in the 410+ range at least. It has fallen below 417 two times after i received my invite.

If she does not gets a PR card then I will sponser her through family sponsorship and it's OK for me.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My CRS is 417. I did not include her because it was lowering my CRS score further. But looking at current scenario it seems that the score would remain in the 410+ range at least. It has fallen below 417 two times after i received my invite.

If she does not gets a PR card then I will sponser her through family sponsorship and it's OK for me.
In that case, assuming that you have to submit the passport details (I think you do, but I'm not absolutely sure), you only have three choices

1. Apply with an LoE and the copy of the application receipt.
2. Ask CIC for an extension
3. Decline and wait for the next round.

Unfortunately, I can't decide which one of these is the best choice for you. Your CRS score is on the verge, if it goes up a little you'll miss out. And with only 3 days left, you can't be sure you'll get a response from CIC if you ask for an extension.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Perhaps someone else will chime in with a better idea.