+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office- Bangladeshi Spouse Application...

navron

May 31, 2012
Hello everybody,
I was just looking for some answers to my queries. My wife applied for my immigration under Spouse Category from Montreal last September. I am a citizen of Bangladesh and residing in Dhaka. For better understanding of my situation I am posting m timeline as below:

Application received on November 16, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Application to sponsor received on November 16, 2011.

Federal Requirements accepted on Jan 19th, 2012

Quebec Selection Certificate Granted on 28th May, 2012 and File forwarded to Singapore office.

My queries are as follows:
a. Would I need to attend for an interview, and if where?..Dhaka or Singapore?
b. How long does it take for singapore office to process and send me a letter or any form of communication?
c. Once my file is received in singapore how long does it take for the entire process generally?

Your assistance and feedback would be highly appreciated..Thanks

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
navron said:
Hello everybody,
I was just looking for some answers to my queries. My wife applied for my immigration under Spouse Category from Montreal last September. I am a citizen of Bangladesh and residing in Dhaka. For better understanding of my situation I am posting m timeline as below:

Quebec Selection Certificate Granted on 28th May, 2012 and File forwarded to Singapore office.

b. How long does it take for singapore office to process and send me a letter or any form of communication?
c. Once my file is received in singapore how long does it take for the entire process generally?

Mirjahan may able to help you out. He was also Quebec applicant.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
navron said:
Hello everybody,

Welcome to the waiting group. Singapore visa office takes 6-22 months average to process the case after they receive your file.
a. Singapore VO will let you know whether an interview is required or not. Normally they ask for interview if they think marrige is not genuine. Now about where the interview will take place, I am really confused as Dhaka visa office is closed now. I think they will ask interview in Singapore but not sure.
b)Nobody can say the exact time of communication. I went through several cases from singapore and found you may receive any kind of communication after minimum three months.
c. Singapore process 20% cases within 7months and 80% cases within 22 months after receiving complete application in Singapore.
All the best. I think this information will be helpful.

navron

May 31, 2012
Amy612 said:
Welcome to the waiting group. Singapore visa office takes 6-22 months average to process the case after they receive your file.
a. Singapore VO will let you know whether an interview is required or not. Normally they ask for interview if they think marrige is not genuine. Now about where the interview will take place, I am really confused as Dhaka visa office is closed now. I think they will ask interview in Singapore but not sure.
b)Nobody can say the exact time of communication. I went through several cases from singapore and found you may receive any kind of communication after minimum three months.
c. Singapore process 20% cases within 7months and 80% cases within 22 months after receiving complete application in Singapore.
All the best. I think this information will be helpful.
Thanks a lot Amy. Your feedback was quite informative. :)

navron

May 31, 2012
mirjahan said:
For your query here is my timeline

Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: May 25 2011
Med's Done....: April 18 2011
Sponsor Approved June 28 2011
CSQ Filed July 08 2011
CSQ Received July 28 2011
Interview........: Waived
Goes IN PROCESS Jan 16 2011
Passport Req..: Feb 07 2012 (dated issue Jan 30 2012 and letter received Feb 07 2012)
VISA ISSUED...: Feb 28 2012 as Visa Stamp ( Decision Made on ECAS Mars 2 2012)
Submitted Passport at CHC Dhaka Feb 11 2012
CHC Called to collect passport Mars 07 2012

LANDED..........: April 2012

I hope my timeline will help you and for more go to Singapore Timeline

Hello MirJahan,
I believe my case is quite similar to you and you would be able to recommend and offer me the right advice.
I was jusk looking for some answers to my queries. My wife applied for my immigration under Spouse Category from Montreal last September. I m currently residing in Bangladesh. For better understanding of my situation I am posting m timeline as below:

jab121

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi every 1,

my application for PR received oct 11

Sponsorship approved Dce 11

still no news from Singapore off..

And my Online status still application received

please help me if any 1 is the same situation or eny1 could help me....

thanks kind from you....

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
navron said:
Hello MirJahan,
I believe my case is quite similar to you and you would be able to recommend and offer me the right advice.
I was jusk looking for some answers to my queries. My wife applied for my immigration under Spouse Category from Montreal last September. I m currently residing in Bangladesh. For better understanding of my situation I am posting m timeline as below:

Singapore does not send any AOR letter. Everyone does not goes throughout interview process. Interview chance is like 99/1% or 80/20%. Interview defend on immigration officer who review your file, defend on how you preparation your file works, supporting documents. How you present your case mostly Questions part is very important "IMM5490E". Write History not Story on your question part. Do not give any chance to negatively. That parts represent you to the immigration officer to pass your eligibility and believe them your relation is genius with supporting documents base on your questions part.
If they do not believe is not genius relationship or not find you eligibility to be sponsor as a family member then they will ask you for an interview.
For Bangladesh interview takes place in Bangladesh once a year around Jan-March ( i am not 100 % sure). Before it took place in CHC Dhaka since it's closed it may take in Dhaka VFS office agent.

When you see IN PROCESS on your ecas mean you pass eligibility to be sponsor as a family member. It could take 2-9 months if defend how you present your case no further document require, work load and your luck.

After goes IN Process you may receive PPR letter 30-45 days to submit passport. Presently only by Post Mail or courier. When CPC Mississauga confirm or granted your PR or send COPR to Singapore then they seal visa to your passport.
When you see Decision Made on your eCAS and your address changed to your destination in Canada mean visa issued or PR granted.

Some time when your medical is expire before goes IN Process or while they may request you to do medical again and submit passport same time. Now all the Medical board part of Singapore goes to Manila Visa Office.

CIC cuts more budget and closing more visa office and more work load for visa office, could be more application to be process.
Time line may not same so could be faster could be slower.
2012 Singapore quickest file completed in 3 months after they receive PR application . They complete 20% spouse file with in 3 months. If you are lucky may finish within 3 months. Singapore send you letter could be in post mail or e-mail.
I hope you will understand how those fats work.

forumnick

Jul 13, 2012
mirjahan said:
Singapore does not send any AOR letter. Everyone does not goes throughout interview process. Interview chance is like 99/1% or 80/20%. Interview defend on immigration officer who review your file, defend on how you preparation your file works, supporting documents. How you present your case mostly Questions part is very important "IMM5490E". Write History not Story on your question part. Do not give any chance to negatively. That parts represent you to the immigration officer to pass your eligibility and believe them your relation is genius with supporting documents base on your questions part.
If they do not believe is not genius relationship or not find you eligibility to be sponsor as a family member then they will ask you for an interview.
For Bangladesh interview takes place in Bangladesh once a year around Jan-March ( i am not 100 % sure). Before it took place in CHC Dhaka since it's closed it may take in Dhaka VFS office agent.

When you see IN PROCESS on your ecas mean you pass eligibility to be sponsor as a family member. It could take 2-9 months if defend how you present your case no further document require, work load and your luck.

After goes IN Process you may receive PPR letter 30-45 days to submit passport. Presently only by Post Mail or courier. When CPC Mississauga confirm or granted your PR or send COPR to Singapore then they seal visa to your passport.
When you see Decision Made on your eCAS and your address changed to your destination in Canada mean visa issued or PR granted.

Some time when your medical is expire before goes IN Process or while they may request you to do medical again and submit passport same time. Now all the Medical board part of Singapore goes to Manila Visa Office.

CIC cuts more budget and closing more visa office and more work load for visa office, could be more application to be process.
Time line may not same so could be faster could be slower.
2012 Singapore quickest file completed in 3 months after they receive PR application . They complete 20% spouse file with in 3 months. If you are lucky may finish within 3 months. Singapore send you letter could be in post mail or e-mail.
I hope you will understand how those fats work.

Thank you for the informative post.

I am Canadian citizen and my wife is in Dhaka and I am beginning the sponsor process. I have a question on the Medical Report:

Question: Singapore office is taking average 20 month to process app. But Medical report is valid for 12 months. With application CIC wants proof of medicals done and IMM 1017EFC.

For how many of you after 12 months is Singapore visa office requesting another updated Health checkup. Does sponsor have to resend another copy 2 of IMM 1017EFC or SVO just goes by the original sent to them by doctor?

Question: Guide 3999E states: " We will only recognize medical examinations done by medical doctors who have been chosen by Canadian
Immigration authorities. These doctors are referred to as Designated Medical Practitioners (DMPs). A list
of DMPs in your region is provided at Appendix D."

I can not see any DMP list for Dhaka in Appendix D. Where can I get the list.

Question: Somewhere in the Forum I read Medical Exams from Dhaka are now sent to manila? Should my wife put Manila or singapore in medical app as processing center?

Thanks to this forum I'm learning about extra problems with applying from Dhaka. Hoping everyone here gets processed quickly, waiting 20 months is too long. Is it possible for my wife to get visit visa to come and go back while her app is being processed?

forumnick

Jul 13, 2012
Follow up questions for forum members if you don't mind.

1. What is the best method to certify spouse paperwork translated to English. Does the Canadian counsulate provide attestation services for copies of original documents we want to keep?

2. Forum member says for PASSPORT pickup by fedex, FedEx will ask to provide authorization letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Is this for all Fedex offices?

3. Nikah nama / Marriage certificate required to be originals? Or signed copy stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Law? What is the process? how long does process take?

Please give me some replies. There are not many posts from Bangladesh applicants so it is difficult to get proper feedback.

forumnick

Jul 13, 2012
Please all Bangladesh applicants enter all your information into Trackitt for better analysis for everyone.

go to trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shaheenaz said:
What is CSQ ? I know there is a Singapore time line but I liked the idea of Bangladeshi group. I have tried with one but no one joined. Everyone following Singapore timeline, but it is frustrating to see other country applicant getting visa faster than BD ppl. better we same group one thread so we would know we are in same boat.
Is there a separate Bangladesh Group under Family Class thread?

Where is it? Let us all applicants of Bangladeshi origin join there and help each other.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am starting a Bangladesho Thread for Spousal Applications. Please join there and help each other out by sharing your experience. Many can help by providing theit valuable experience. Please don't just take, also give.

mhshahin

May 27, 2011
Pakistan
I m in Bangladesh. My wife from Canada applied for Sponsorship in December, 2011.
My application received by Singapore 28th December, 2011.
In May, 2012 I was requested to send updated 4 copies photos.
In July, 2012, I was requested to send my passport to Singapore. (with the PPR they send all documents I submitted to prove my relationship)
In first week, August, 2011 I sent my Passport.

(Now I am waiting for getting my passport back. I dont know how long it will take or I am not sure whether I will get visa or not)

jab121

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi mhshahin,

yes im the same situation our application start on oct 2011
i got passport request and sent it with additional paper on aug 5 2012 still on process i dont know how long takes return my passport if u know pls inform us... thanks...good luck

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
D.N.A request 29/5/2013- D.N.A result 10/9/2013
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
can u guys plz tell me how come u guys know that when ur file was transferred to singapore n when it was opened, n when medical report was received...whenever i check my status all they show is my file was received in december 11,2011..n medical report was received thats it..no more information.how can i check further information? im worried sick i hv got a baby boy now.my hubby submitted his birth certificate many other things by may 1st week of 2012...still no news from them...plz somebody reply me i will be greatful to u, m i doing something wrong that no changes in application n no news from them! my hubby is a bangladeshi canadian citizen...is having a baby excced d timing of processing? will my son have to go through any D.N.A test? plz reply me somebody!