+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I posted over in the November 2020 applicant section but want to put this data here. Received PPR from the Singapore VO on Aug. 27. That is ten days from DM, and five weeks from pre-arrival.

For planning purposes, the letter from the Singapore VO indicates they require one month to process the passport once received. My VAC (VFS in Bangkok) tells me to add one week on either side for them to get the passport to/from Singapore. So, once you submit your passport to the local VAC you need to plan on six weeks minimum before you can actually travel to Canada.

Finally, the PPR letter indicates (at least for the Singapore VO) you can use any VAC you want but that the passport will be returned to the VAC where it was submitted. This may provide an option to those that are in a country where the VAC is closed due to COVID lockdowns.
Congrats, did you get update on GCKey or email or ECAS?

el_0211

Jul 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Afsana92, stay positive! I know the wait is killing us all. I was 25 days from pre-arrival to DM with a very straight forward application. The important part is pre-arrival as that means a passed for eligibility. You‘ve moved beyond this phase. We are all cheering for you!
Hi pdp11 :) How do you know pre-arrival means eligibility is passed? At what point do you receive interview request if it was needed? Before pre-arrival or after? Thanks :)

pdp11

Dec 1, 2020
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi pdp11 :) How do you know pre-arrival means eligibility is passed? At what point do you receive interview request if it was needed? Before pre-arrival or after? Thanks :)
Hi el_0211

The Canadian government doesn’t offer an official explanation. But if you Google it, most everyone agrees this is what is happening. Here is one quote from mdplimmigration.com (a random immigration services website that came up when I Googled it):

“Pre-arrival services letter is good news., as it means you have passed eligibility assessment and on-completion of background check which takes awhile you will receive passport request shortly.”

Note that the pre-arrival letter doesn‘t mean your GCKEY account will show eligibility passed. I’ve received PPR and yet my GCKEY still shows both eligibility and background check are being worked on. Also, I’ve been told every decision in the process is verified by another IIRC employee. So it is possible that you can get a pre-arrival letter and the secondary IIRC employee review could disagree on eligibility - unlikely but possible. As to an interview, I’m not sure when that will be asked for if needed. It wasn’t required for our application. My guess - and it is only a guess - is that this would happen before a pre-arrival letter was issued. Others … please chime in if you know the answer to this.

Best of luck with your application! We are all cheering for each other, which is what makes this forum great.

Reactions: kanislupos

el_0211

Jul 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi el_0211

The Canadian government doesn’t offer an official explanation. But if you Google it, most everyone agrees this is what is happening. Here is one quote from mdplimmigration.com (a random immigration services website that came up when I Googled it):

“Pre-arrival services letter is good news., as it means you have passed eligibility assessment and on-completion of background check which takes awhile you will receive passport request shortly.”

Note that the pre-arrival letter doesn‘t mean your GCKEY account will show eligibility passed. I’ve received PPR and yet my GCKEY still shows both eligibility and background check are being worked on. Also, I’ve been told every decision in the process is verified by another IIRC employee. So it is possible that you can get a pre-arrival letter and the secondary IIRC employee review could disagree on eligibility - unlikely but possible. As to an interview, I’m not sure when that will be asked for if needed. It wasn’t required for our application. My guess - and it is only a guess - is that this would happen before a pre-arrival letter was issued. Others … please chime in if you know the answer to this.

Best of luck with your application! We are all cheering for each other, which is what makes this forum great.
Thank you for your response. This is great information. Before I thought pre-arrival doesn't mean anything but it possibly can! Only IRCC would know ;)

Best of luck on your app. I see that you already gotten your PPR. CONGRATS !!!! Which country is PA from may I ask?

pdp11

Dec 1, 2020
Bangkok, Thailand
Thank you for your response. This is great information. Before I thought pre-arrival doesn't mean anything but it possibly can! Only IRCC would know ;)

Best of luck on your app. I see that you already gotten your PPR. CONGRATS !!!! Which country is PA from may I ask?
Thailand (and sponsor is a Canadian citizen).

Afsana92

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore visa office
App. Filed.......
17th December, 2020
AOR Received.
17th February, 2021
I see you have received PPR after 1 day getting DM .
In my case it's already been 10 days, any idea about Singapore PPR after DM?
Do u hav any update after DM??

Afsana92

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore visa office
App. Filed.......
17th December, 2020
AOR Received.
17th February, 2021
Hi Afsana, We got passport request on Aug 29. Sent passport through VAC today.
You are very last stage of your process. I think you will get DM and PPR end of September if my analysis is right.
Good Luck
Congrats...thats such a great news...finally ur process is over..do pray for us as well

D

Deleted member 802445

Has anyone done an interview with the Singapore VO recently?

pdp11

Dec 1, 2020
Bangkok, Thailand
So the Singapore VO moved very quickly for me. PPR was Friday Aug. 27. I submitted my passport to VFS in Bangkok first thing Monday Aug. 30. The VFS office told me they wouldn't start processing the request until Wednesday as they are on reduced hours due to COVID (MWF open in the mornings only). Much to my surprise, received SMS that the passport had been delivered to the Singapore VO that afternoon. I guess I was early enough in the day that my passport just made a shipment to the Bangkok airport. A lot of things have to happen right when you get delivery confirmation five hours after submission in Bangkok and the flight alone to Singapore is just over two hours.

ECAS was updated on Thursday Sept. 2 but the COPR and IMM-1 visa are both dated Aug. 30 (the date the passport was delivered to the VO by VFS). Passport is now back with me in Bangkok and flights booked to Vancouver for next week. Almost there!

Afsana92

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore visa office
App. Filed.......
17th December, 2020
AOR Received.
17th February, 2021
So the Singapore VO moved very quickly for me. PPR was Friday Aug. 27. I submitted my passport to VFS in Bangkok first thing Monday Aug. 30. The VFS office told me they wouldn't start processing the request until Wednesday as they are on reduced hours due to COVID (MWF open in the mornings only). Much to my surprise, received SMS that the passport had been delivered to the Singapore VO that afternoon. I guess I was early enough in the day that my passport just made a shipment to the Bangkok airport. A lot of things have to happen right when you get delivery confirmation five hours after submission in Bangkok and the flight alone to Singapore is just over two hours.

ECAS was updated on Thursday Sept. 2 but the COPR and IMM-1 visa are both dated Aug. 30 (the date the passport was delivered to the VO by VFS). Passport is now back with me in Bangkok and flights booked to Vancouver for next week. Almost there!
Congrats...in most of the cases they sent ppr after 1 month of pre arrival i think

Afsana92

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore visa office
App. Filed.......
17th December, 2020
AOR Received.
17th February, 2021
Hlw guys, I got a ghost update today and found that my background check has started in process... after how many days can I expect Dm nd ppr??

pdp11

Dec 1, 2020
Bangkok, Thailand
Hlw guys, I got a ghost update today and found that my background check has started in process... after how many days can I expect Dm nd ppr??
Good development. In our case I think it was still about 10 days to PPR. But the background check itself was very fast. The place you want to watch is the ECAS status switching to DM.

Going forward, don’t be fooled by a lack of GCKEY updates on your eligibility and background check. For us they were only updated after counterfoil and COPR issued.

Best wishes!

Reactions: Afsana92