09-02-2011
AOR Received.
17-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2010
Hi Guys.

For info of those who are seeking for Singapore COC (Police Clearance). CIC-SG sent me a letter to provide COC from SPF. I need to present this letter to SPF together with other requirement of securing COC. Statutory Declaration of No Criminal Record is not acceptable contrary to other post I read from the forum.

Hope somewhat this tiny input helps.

Good luck to everyone.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
Update. Did 2nd medical for wife together as requested on Aug 10th after arriving back in Thailand after a 2.5 stay in Canada. Sending additional cohabitation documents as they requested. Tons of original packages sent to me at wife's address and wife's mother, village chief and village commitee all signing declarations that we lived there together. Some other proof as well. Anyways don't get online much out here but nice to be back with my wife though hopefully can get to Canada for the xmas season.

Got additional in from from MP on case. They originally said everything was ok and gave me file # and said singapore sent letter requesting 2nd medical. They also apparently said that our file would be transferred to an official in late sept to make a desision after they get the medical. Sounds good as they will have the medical and additional documents in sept for the offical. Maybe well get a letter in oct or november and be in canada for december. :O
Hello Lenardparnol,

Nice to hear from you.
My case.. I got a letter from Singapore ( Aug 4th) asked me to obtain a Canadian police certificate because I have been living in Canada more than 6 months but I just got back from my holiday so, I just did it today( Aug 22nd ).

Singapore also sent me back all of my supporting documentary evidence that I submitted to support of my relationship with my boyfriend on Aug 4th.

The waiting game for both of us will be finished soon ;)

Cheers :)

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Singapore processes which case faster. Spouse,Common-law partner,Conjugal partner.
I have seen some variation case approved from Singapore VO fast and slow. Is there any extra benefit to send application by a lawyer or by own. I saw some people on same situation but process take faster and slower. Just a through.
Any idea?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Anyone know after how many month Singapore Visa office starts process an application after the receive the permanent resident application.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
Anyone know after how many month Singapore Visa office starts process an application after the receive the permanent resident application.
nobody knows. its still a mystery.

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
ECAS IS FAR FROM UP-TO-DATE!!

My wife is in Vietnam and our application is/was being processed by Singapore.
We got our PPR almost 3 weeks ago and we shipped the Passport to singapore( through embassy @ Hanoi) and just now our ecas updated....

from...

"We started processing XXX XXX XXX's application on April 8, 2010."

to...

"We started processing XXX XXX XXX's application on April 8, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXX XXX XXX's application. The office will contact XXX XXX XXX concerning this decision."

For the entire time it was updated once! ("Permanent Residence Application Status" side) We gave additional doc's, updated meds, interview and it was never updated during or after each item.

I see alot of people asking questions about ecas and I hope this information will show people not to use the ecas as a dependable method of checking the current status of your app with Singapore.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
I am worry about Singapore starting processing time. I know my thee friends applied for their wife and husband .

Dated Singapore visa office receive Permanent Resident Application Received

Permanent Resident Application Received Dec 19, 2010 and start process 5 July, 2011 since that there no answer and no update . (for wife)
Permanent Resident Application Received Jan 05,2011 no update and process not yet start (for wife)
Permanent Resident Application Received Jan 11,2011 Process 9 July, 2011 after two week get PPR letter for passport.(for Husband)

All three are from Same country ,same city all marriage are arrange marriage.
My question why there are lot of variation and gap. I know each one case is different from other but i know they have same situation. All three filled up their application by same person.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Solid said:
ECAS IS FAR FROM UP-TO-DATE!!

My wife is in Vietnam and our application is/was being processed by Singapore.
We got our PPR almost 3 weeks ago and we shipped the Passport to singapore( through embassy @ Hanoi) and just now our ecas updated....

from...

"We started processing XXX XXX XXX's application on April 8, 2010."

to...

"We started processing XXX XXX XXX's application on April 8, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXX XXX XXX's application. The office will contact XXX XXX XXX concerning this decision."

For the entire time it was updated once! ("Permanent Residence Application Status" side) We gave additional doc's, updated meds, interview and it was never updated during or after each item.

I see alot of people asking questions about ecas and I hope this information will show people not to use the ecas as a dependable method of checking the current status of your app with Singapore.
Thanks solid, it's very helpful :)

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
I think when Singapore receives the files, distributes them among different visa officers. Some officers really process very first. I know one of my friend. Both of us applied for pr in buffalo. I got within year and for him it took 2.5 yrs because his visa officer was on maternity leave for one year. So it's completely your luck. I sent an email to Singapore in march asking about processing time. They said if no interview is required, it's 9 to 12months.

Ice-tea

Aug 25, 2011
Finally the waiting time is over. Collected my passport from CHC yesterday.

Singapore received our application in Nov 2010
Ecas Status changed to In process in June 2011

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ice-tea said:
Finally the waiting time is over. Collected my passport from CHC yesterday.

Singapore received our application in Nov 2010
Ecas Status changed to In process in June 2011
congrats :D

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
Good news?

"Permanent Residence

We received N's application for permanent residence on January 20, 2011.

We started processing N's application on August 12, 2011.

Medical results have been received. "

Curiously enough, I've been checking between the 12th and today, and the update was sometime after the 12th, no big deal though as online updates aren't as important as the other bits of their job.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Anyone know anything about sumbitting the passport in person and collecting it in person? I can't find anything about it in online searches and not much here. But I heard (from BangkokCanuk) that once they request for the passport, that you can go to Singapore and sumbit it in person and then collect in 3 business days or something.

For me, this would be better than sending it via mail and waiting another month or more, because I want to start working. I would actually save money if I had to fly to Singapore, but could go to Canada a month sooner, because then I could contine work. (I'm waiting with my wife in Thailand.)

Is this passport sumbission in person a standard procedure? If so, how does it work?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
lenardparnold said:
Is this passport sumbission in person a standard procedure? If so, how does it work?
The impression we got was it's a very commonly done thing. In your package that comes requesting your passport they ask you to being a few things with you a signed paper, something else that escapes me right now but I gathered it was different for each person and it's clearly spelled out in the letter.

We dropped it off if memory serves me correctly on August 4th, it was a Thursday.. it was ready for pick up on the morning of the 8th so three business days.

It was painless and I would suggest to those that can do it, do so.. like you said we had no desire to take the chance with mail or with couriers.... plus SG is a nice place to get away for a few days.. love Sentosa and we stay there every time we go.

Hope that helps.

P.S. do make it clear when you are dropping it off that you actually reside out of SG and the trip is ONLY for Visa pick up.. for SG residents the wait is 2 weeks.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Wow. Quick reply. Was just about to leave the internet cafe after being here 45 minutes. :p

Thanks.

Well we will probably go to Singapore then. I've been feeling better now that I'm out here waiting with my wife, because I don't have constant internet access to allow obsession, and because of the new news we got recently.

So I guess you can ignore the PM I sent, and thanks.