+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Dear friend if don't mind , you must send the PCC to Singapore by DHL or Fedex. I am paper based applicant , when we applied CIC guideline strictly mention to send the PCC original because photocopy was not excepted.

Better do both up-lode one copy by web form and regional one send by by DHL or Fedex .

This is my personal opinion
Yeah it is also a better solution. Thank you friend. :) Let's wait up to Monday. If they make any reply then everything will be clear.

bluearrow

Apr 23, 2017
I logged in GCKey and Ecas today and saw change. They didn't send out the email when the background start as indicated.
Ecas : Dm, Gckey: we are processing your background check.

VO = Singapore
App sent = feb 14, 2017
Start Processing march 1st, 2017
SA march 10, 2017
Schedule A uploaded 3 times
File transfer sep 6, 2017
Aor2 sep 12, 2017
Med request sep 14, 2017
Med passed sep 20, 2017
Pcc, csq, declaration of severance request nov 14, 2017
CSQ and declaration of severance uploaded via gckey, Pcc send by email since no upload place in gckey for pcc. nov 16, 2017
Gckey still say waiting for document?
Called CIC and they told me to upload via webform.
PCC upload and confirm december 12, 2017.

Prearrival email april 13, 2018

Background check start may 7, 2018
Dm on ecas may 7, 2018
Waiting for dm on gckey
Waiting for ppr

lamiyarakib

May 7, 2018
hello everyone,

i am from bangladesh and got passport request on 26th april which i sent via vfs to singapore . in vfs it says that the VO in singapore recieved it on 30th. still application had not yet change. any idea how long after recieving the passport in singapore do they update the status?

thank you

Bjohn

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
hello everyone,

i am from bangladesh and got passport request on 26th april which i sent via vfs to singapore . in vfs it says that the VO in singapore recieved it on 30th. still application had not yet change. any idea how long after recieving the passport in singapore do they update the status?

thank you
do you track it online ? mine was 5 days from " has been forward " to " being processed " .

lamiyarakib

May 7, 2018
do you track it online ? mine was 5 days from " has been forward " to " being
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

in vfs it shows its recieved by singapore office and is under process

but in my cic account, there is no change

Last edited:

Mitom

May 7, 2018
Hi everyone, im a newbie here and i hope if anyone can help or give me insight of my app! Singapore is my visa office. Sponsoring husband from VN.

So here goes my timeline..

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 24, 2015.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 9, 2015.
  3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2015.
  4. We sent you a letter on August 31, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required
  6. We sent you correspondence on March 2, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. Medical results have been received.
Ytd I checked my ecas (husband acc.) it changed to DECISION MADE does anyoneknow how long until Passport Request???

Thanks

jas2015

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug, 2016
Doc's Request.
sent, 02 oct,2016
Nomination.....
04 oct, 2016
Thanks dear, i query is , in which place your interview was conducted, is it Singapore or Dhaka high commission?

According to my GCMS note it written as " event office: Singapore" , do i have to go for interview in Singapore or it will be in Dhaka office? please

lamiyarakib

May 7, 2018
Hi everyone, im a newbie here and i hope if anyone can help or give me insight of my app! Singapore is my visa office. Sponsoring husband from VN.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 9, 2015.
  4. We sent you a letter on August 31, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required
  6. We sent you correspondence on March 2, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Ytd I checked my ecas (husband acc.) it changed to DECISION MADE does anyoneknow how long until Passport Request???

Thanks
within a month...
did you link your application in my account? there you can check your status

Reactions: Mitom

lamiyarakib

May 7, 2018
May medical approved on April 6th. Received pre-arrival notification on April 28th. But there is no update regarding PPR yet. Seems like have to wait for few weeks more.
So you can wait, but don’t expect it within a month. Best of luck.
check cic status online because i got my ppr one day after pre arrival invitation
. they do send emails in bulk, so give 1 week

munajj.nab

Dec 3, 2017
Hi there! December 8, 2017 outland applicant from Bangladesh (visa office Singapore). I recently received my request for medical but I’m in Canada at the moment visiting my spouse on a tourist visa. I was wondering if it might be possible for me to get my medical done from here at Canada instead of going back to Bangladesh for it, and whether it would create any issues for my PR application. Does anyone have any idea in this regard?
Hi Dana! Just a quick question for you. Were you granted the tourist visa while your PR application was in process?

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018

Thanks
Hi Mitom,

short answer in underline and BOLD CAP

I joined recently and realised what ECAS was towards the end of my application. I am a SPONSOR to my Thai wife, but regularly check her account with her to follow up on things. I didn't take note of changes in the status of each line in ECAS, until I learned to watch these because they are usually (but not always) updates and correct. In our case, much of the ECAS seems to be unchanged from original.

We have had the Passport request 4 May 18 and used the CVAC service in Bangkok (1 out of 5 so far because of unresponsive and inability to deal with non-Thai speakers) so I hope they don't let us down.

We had two separate requests for Police Clearance Certs which lengthened the process, and we could not have gotten the second batch until a formal request was made with Gov't-issued stationary, so there was no error of inaction from us. *** have you gotten all your PCCs for your Applicant? We needed four, do you need only Vietnam? Good luck!

So, after the above background, I would say that with Medical and PCCs and standard Immigrant Forms, ours took TWO MONTHS from submission of last batch of documents to the Passport Request (our ECAS does not seem to reflect the status on any of the mentioned items except to mention we passed the Medical Exam).

Hope this helps and you have other replies with more detail.

Kind regards,

Andrew going to Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario

Reactions: Mitom

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
Hi Dana! Just a quick question for you. Were you granted the tourist visa while your PR application was in process?
Hi Dana,

there are other posts on "Dual Intent" and a link to Government pages outlining the policy allowing for an Applicant to be granted a Short Term Resident (aka Tourist) Visa while there is an ongoing PR Visa Application in process.
It is at the judgement of the issuing agent to decide based on their assessment of the likelihood of the Applicant to return to home country and complete the PR Visa application process.

Munajj, I don't have any advice for you except to try call IRCC on a toll-free number in Canada. I was only ever able to get through once.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.