+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Bjohn

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hi, everyone. Glad to see a lot of DMs and PPRs lately. Congratulations to all! Anyway, I’ve been a silent reader on this forum, mostly just doing research about the order of processes in Singapore VO. But so far, I haven’t seen anyone post exactly about AOR 2, specifically the contents of the letter.

Btw, just a bit of background about my application (detailed one is on my signature :))
I’m a November 27, 2017 applicant. On February 13, 2018, my husband received an email of what I believe is the File Transfer Email saying... “This confirms that the Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to Singapore Visa Office for further processing.”

Numbers 2 and 3 appeared on my ECAS last night (around 8PM Singapore time):
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 20, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Now, my questions are:

a. Is the File Transfer Email the same as what most people refer to as an AOR 2?? I mean, I do understand that from the meaning itself, it’s supposed to look like the AOR we got from the beginning of the process. But, it’d really be of great help if I get confirmation from people whose VO is also Singapore since I haven’t really received any email from the Singapore Visa Office about them receiving my file. I’m not really sure what to expect now.

b. Does anyone here have the same line number 2 as mine? If so, does that mean it could possibly be the AOR 2?? Also, did anyone receive an email? Or was it sent as a message on GCKey?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my queries. Would really appreciate hearing from you regarding your experiences with Singapore Visa Office. All the best to everyone!:)

Regards,
Erique
hi there
a/ i received a email stated they had received my file only, but when i scolled down to last part and found out it was sent by High commission of Canada in Singapore . i assume the email is kind of AOR to confirm that they have my file in Singapore , then you should check your email once again . hope this helps
b/ in my opinion , line num 2 is showing as AOR2 . you should expect to be required to send them Police certificate and IMM 5669 soon .

Reactions: erique

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hi, everyone. Glad to see a lot of DMs and PPRs lately. Congratulations to all! Anyway, I’ve been a silent reader on this forum, mostly just doing research about the order of processes in Singapore VO. But so far, I haven’t seen anyone post exactly about AOR 2, specifically the contents of the letter.

Btw, just a bit of background about my application (detailed one is on my signature :))
I’m a November 27, 2017 applicant. On February 13, 2018, my husband received an email of what I believe is the File Transfer Email saying... “This confirms that the Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to Singapore Visa Office for further processing.”

Numbers 2 and 3 appeared on my ECAS last night (around 8PM Singapore time):
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 20, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Now, my questions are:

a. Is the File Transfer Email the same as what most people refer to as an AOR 2?? I mean, I do understand that from the meaning itself, it’s supposed to look like the AOR we got from the beginning of the process. But, it’d really be of great help if I get confirmation from people whose VO is also Singapore since I haven’t really received any email from the Singapore Visa Office about them receiving my file. I’m not really sure what to expect now.

b. Does anyone here have the same line number 2 as mine? If so, does that mean it could possibly be the AOR 2?? Also, did anyone receive an email? Or was it sent as a message on GCKey?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my queries. Would really appreciate hearing from you regarding your experiences with Singapore Visa Office. All the best to everyone!:)

Regards,
Erique
Hey my wife had the same thing happen to her , they are requesting you to upload “Schedule A “.

They never send any email to us requesting us to upload my wife’s schedule A.

Also I didn’t know for a whole month that we were so post to upload it.

I recommen you call IRCC

erique

Jan 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
hi there
a/ i received a email stated they had received my file only, but when i scolled down to last part and found out it was sent by High commission of Canada in Singapore . i assume the email is kind of AOR to confirm that they have my file in Singapore , then you should check your email once again . hope this helps
b/ in my opinion , line num 2 is showing as AOR2 . you should expect to be required to send them Police certificate and IMM 5669 soon .
Hi, @Bjohn and @ojofar :):) Thanks a ton for your responses. Really appreciate it!! :D So, the SVO indeed sends an AOR2. Got it! :) I was just kind of confused as some people in a group chat I’m in kept saying that the File Transfer Email is just the same as AOR 2 and that there’s no such thing as an acknowledgement letter from the local VO. So, I just wanted to make sure that I’m supposed to get an email from SVO and that I just have to wait for it :D

Also, thank you for pointing it out. I’ve actually received the Schedule A and PCC request letter on January 20 (the number 4 line on my ecas :D) after I’ve linked my application to GCKey. All done submitted on February 2. After a long while, it was only last night that I’ve noticed some changes on my GCKey, under the Review of Additional Documents, it changed from “The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.” to “We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.”

So, my next question is, based on your experiences, how long did you have to wait from the time you received AOR 2 to the next correspondence from SVO?
Am I right to assume that Medical Request is coming soon?? :D:D:D

Once again, thank you for clarifying my concerns :):):)

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hi, @Bjohn and @ojofar :):) Thanks a ton for your responses. Really appreciate it!! :D So, the SVO indeed sends an AOR2. Got it! :) I was just kind of confused as some people in a group chat I’m in kept saying that the File Transfer Email is just the same as AOR 2 and that there’s no such thing as an acknowledgement letter from the local VO. So, I just wanted to make sure that I’m supposed to get an email from SVO and that I just have to wait for it :D

Also, thank you for pointing it out. I’ve actually received the Schedule A and PCC request letter on January 20 (the number 4 line on my ecas :D) after I’ve linked my application to GCKey. All done submitted on February 2. After a long while, it was only last night that I’ve noticed some changes on my GCKey, under the Review of Additional Documents, it changed from “The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.” to “We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.”

So, my next question is, based on your experiences, how long did you have to wait from the time you received AOR 2 to the next correspondence from SVO?

Well after they send the application to Singapore for final processing in May
My wife got a letter in “June 5-8” for medical and Gckey was updated on “June 11” as passed. Ecas updated as “medical received”

Bjohn

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017

since you have done Schedule A and PCC , next thing is Medical request . my Aor2 was on 7th Sept then i had medical request on 22nd Nov , you can just give it 3 months :) . good luck

Onceagain2step

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017

The letter AOR2 as below

Dear applicant:
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by the Singapore Visa Office on XXX,XX 2017.
When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage

and my AOR2 18 Dec, medical request 25 Jan

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
What's the timeline for SVO?

My wife is from Vietnam. I wonder if it is really 12 months like the CIC "processing times" page says....

M

mikeymyke

Wow. that's quick! I read somewhere on this forum that it's one of the slowest offices in terms of processing times...

Keeping fingers crossed!
We had a strong application with minimal red flags so our file went quick

Reactions: karamba

Mac786

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
31 july 2017
Doc's Request.
Nothing
AOR Received.
9 sep 2017
File Transfer...
23 October 2017
Med's Request
14 December 2017
Med's Done....
18 December 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Is any body know anyone else who got a spousal visa within 3 months?

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017

My wife is from Vietnam. I wonder if it is really 12 months like the CIC "processing times" page says....
IRCC is trying to finish all spouse application in 12 months or less.

I submitted my wife’s application last March. N it’s almost finished just waiting for my wife’s passport to be returned with visa from Singapore.

We had a big hick up or else’s my wife would of been here last sept.

Also make sure the application is well down . Do the application together with your spouse.

Don’t get lawyer . It’s not wroth it
Read the question over n over if you don’t understand or else you can always ask
Here. Everyone here to help

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
IRCC is trying to finish all spouse application in 12 months or less.

I submitted my wife’s application last March. N it’s almost finished just waiting for my wife’s passport to be returned with visa from Singapore.

We had a big hick up or else’s my wife would of been here last sept.

Also make sure the application is well down . Do the application together with your spouse.

Don’t get lawyer . It’s not wroth it
Read the question over n over if you don’t understand or else you can always ask
Here. Everyone here to help
Congrats on your app! Hope you get the passport with visa soon!

We already applied but just recently (we did the app ourselves too).. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016

It took about 7 months and half for my wife to get her visa

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Congrats on your app! Hope you get the passport with visa soon!

We already applied but just recently (we did the app ourselves too).. Hopefully it will go smoothly.
Ya it’s amazing how fast they are finishing the applications.

I did hear that canadian government wants to bring 300k immigrants this year and going to increase 10k to 15k per year

Canada needs immigrants. But most ppl don’t lie immigrates. But we are all immigrants.