01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
First of all, we have the same agent KC01824 :). This is my personal thought:
- The officer at local VO (Singaport) is the one who will decide. Thus even though you got the PA (made by officer in CPC-M), the local VO officer can put a review if he does not satisfy at some points. As other member suggested, you might need to send documents showing your support for the PA (such as pay stub, other incomes ...). Try to show that you have a stable income to support the PA such that you and your husband don't rely on the social welfare. The point is that they don't want to bring more people that will cause burden to the whole system.
- Regarding the A39 concern, you might probably show the evidences that you are working at your father's clinic, tax paper, pay stub. Also you need consider to re-enroll in the CPA exam which shows them that you have dedications to get CPA to have a good job and ready to support your husband. I know CPA is hard, my wife spent lots of time and efforts to get it ;)
- About the TRV refusal, write them something and explain the situation.
- Do you have any GCMS pages banked out in? If so, they might have already initiated some checks (security/background). I am not sure about this one. I have one page banked because of section 16(1)(c). You might consult other members.
- I believed you use the new app kit. In the section of Medical check, they mentioned "Do not complete a medical examination at this time. You will be issued medical instructions after your application received. If you have completed an immigration medical examination in the last 12 months, please attach a copy of the Information Sheet from the Panel Physician and provide the date of your medical examination and the name and location of the Panel Physician below. You may still be required to undergo a new medical examination." You might contact the local VO to verify again.
- About your education, defintely you need to show them your degree, GPA or whatever that makes you a good candidate so that you can earn good money and support your husband.

Try to collect "evidences" (the term they are using) and supporting documents to clear their concerns. Write an explanation letter precisely and to-the-point. I think the best way to communication is though Webform, they have an option to upload documents.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=singapore

The waiting game is killing us. I understand your feeling. Wish you luck :) and cross the finger on my application :p
Thank you oscaregang for your advice and long reply :) We're in this waiting game together! :) That's cool that we have the same agent in Singapore. Hopefully they are reasonable and fair... Looks like I'll probably need to use the webform and send them some further evidences and a to-the-point explanation letter. I was avoiding using webforms since it says "don't use this unless you have surpassed normal processing time"... but I guess it does mention if information has changed re: employment or your credentials, so fixing their error on my education level would be adequate!
- Yes, I think it is very clear to me now that I need to send off my GPA/transcript to show that I am a top student at a top business school and that it shouldn't be hard to land a good job once I return to Canada. I didn't include it the first time around since not in the list of what to provide, but now I see that will be important for my situation.
- I actually used the Old application kit, but after they no longer allowed people to book upfront medicals. I missed the deadline to book an upfront medical by a couple of days unfortunately. So, my husband hasn't done the medical yet, but hasn't gotten a medical request either. That's why I'm puzzled why they had that note in our GCMS notes saying that we failed to include medical and need to do it ASAP, and that they sent us a request... but didn't give us a request code to book the medical yet! Strange! I hope they aren't waiting for the medical that they never requested! Looks like that's something I'll need to contact the VO and ask to clarify, if they are waiting for the medical or not.
- No, I didn't see any pages blanked out with s16(1)(c) on them so I don't think they've started yet?! Probably cause they will clear up these other concerns first...
- I already included an explanation of my husband's TRV refusals in our "relationship narrative" so not sure if I need to send it again, maybe more enhanced this time... Hmmm...
- That's awesome that your wife has gotten the CPA! :) Congratulations!! I passed all of the exams and training program in Canada (to get the CA Chartered Accountant) but only have one of the three years of necessary work experience. If I hadn't quit my accounting job 2 years ago in July 2015 to move to Thailand and get married, I would have just achieved my CA/CPA designation this month! :) I still pay the annual fees for my CPA Student membership, but without the CPA job in Canada and two more years of experience, the CPA is hopeless right now. Can't work on it from Thailand :( We'll see if I can continue working on it when I get back, but not sure if I'll meet the deadlines or not.
- Living abroad and being self-employed seems to be complicating things :( I'll make more money once we move back to Canada, but my husband needs to get PR first so I can move to Canada and get a job, but can't get PR until I have a higher paying job... catch 22!!

Reactions: oscargang

tufayel

Jul 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
December 1 2016
AOR Received.
December 5 2016 ( email received on December 13, 2016)
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Received in Singapore Visa Office on 2016/12/28
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Done and received by SGVO 10/09/2016
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Passport request
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
They received my application for permanent residence on December 5, 2016.
They started processing application on January 4, 2017.
(Visa Office : Singapore )
Current status is.....
Application status : We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents :The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone ensure that how long it will take to make final decision or is there any problems with status....!!!? Thank You

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
They received my application for permanent residence on December 5, 2016.
They started processing application on January 4, 2017.
(Visa Office : Singapore )
Current status is.....
Application status : We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents :The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone ensure that how long it will take to make final decision or is there any problems with status....!!!? Thank You
It is really hard to know the timing, since everyone's timeline is different and Singapore seems to be unpredictable. Oscargang mentioned in a previous post that last year the "average" processing time was maybe around 7 to 9 months for a simple case with no complications or concerns or red flags. The "goal" processing time is 12 months for 80% of all files worldwide so you can hope for 12 months or less.

Have you applied for your GCMS notes recently? If you haven't ordered them yet, I would strongly recommend that you order them now, and you will get them in approximately one month. These notes will allow you to see what the case officers have said about your file (so far) and if they have any concerns or red flags that are slowing the processing down. These can be a big eye-opener to knowing if there is any concerns causing the delays (that's what I found on mine!), or if everything looks "clear" and you just need to patiently wait for it to be processed hopefully relatively quickly. You can order the notes here. https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en They only cost $5, but need to be ordered by someone currently living in Canada, or by a Canadian citizen living abroad.

Reactions: phuong and TKGSTK

phuong

Dec 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tufayel: I agreed with CdnWifeLivingInThailand, you need to order that note, it would take about 30 days. When you have the notes, and still nothing, then bring that note to your MP. They will call CIC in your behalf . I think it will have to speed up, but no one know for sure. Good look

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
I guess maybe I should send my transcripts from University to show the ability to get a decent job, and some statements of my bank accounts/savings accounts/investments accounts to prove that I have enough money saved up to support us in Canada for awhile as we look for jobs... And an explanation letter, outlining more details of why I can't start looking for another job in Canada yet, as I still live in Thailand with my husband and don't know when he'll get PR, but that I'm very confident that I can find a job once I am in Canada as I'm quite employable, list off some achievements/etc. and have lots of savings, in addition to support from my parents as long as we need it.
I think that it's a good way to do ;)

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
I think it's just luck of the draw who you get for visa officer in Singapore. Some work fast some purposely work slow for job security.

I don't think our case had any red flags. Couldn't find any in GCMS notes and they waived the interview for my wife. But ours passed the normal processing time of 14 months and only after we e-mailed Singapore did they request my wife do her medicals.

It is really hard to know the timing, since everyone's timeline is different and Singapore seems to be unpredictable. Oscargang mentioned in a previous post that last year the "average" processing time was maybe around 7 to 9 months for a simple case with no complications or concerns or red flags. The "goal" processing time is 12 months for 80% of all files worldwide so you can hope for 12 months or less.

Have you applied for your GCMS notes recently? If you haven't ordered them yet, I would strongly recommend that you order them now, and you will get them in approximately one month. These notes will allow you to see what the case officers have said about your file (so far) and if they have any concerns or red flags that are slowing the processing down. These can be a big eye-opener to knowing if there is any concerns causing the delays (that's what I found on mine!), or if everything looks "clear" and you just need to patiently wait for it to be processed hopefully relatively quickly. You can order the notes here. https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en They only cost $5, but need to be ordered by someone currently living in Canada, or by a Canadian citizen living abroad.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
I had the same KC01824 officer. He put appears bona fide, recommend wav and recommend pass on our application but yet made us wait almost 15 months.

I was helping this other lady that had a child and she was confident that she'd be approved. She was called in for the interview not worried at all because she was confident her marriage was genuine. They had a child together afterall. If I can recall she's been waiting since late 2015 when she submitted her application. She just got denied because they didn't feel her sponsor would be able to support her and their child. Cic believed the marriage was genuine but who would have thought about the financial aspect.

So I'd try to proof as best possible any financial support concerns they may have. Not just your income but how you'll support each other housing wise, food, clothing, etc...

Sorry kind of late with this response haven't checked forum much lately.

That's great that you got Recommend Pass and Recommend Wav with no red flags! Really happy to hear that for you! I also just got the GCMS notes this morning as well!! Seems like today was the GCMS note day! Ours aren't quite as good as yours but just happy to have some sort of update, since the "uncertainty" of the situation is the killer, not the long wait.

Here are my initial thoughts and/or concerns from what I saw in the notes. Shedding some light on the progress would be great, although beware of LONG post! ;-)

1. Eligibility in progress. Medical, criminality, security all not started.

2. Unlike your recommend pass, we have "review required" for eligibility - so from what I read on the forum, this isn't a great sign and indicates that extra scrutiny needs to be used when reviewing our file closely, and likely an interview needed, but not for sure as it doesn't say "interview required" yet... So looking like a much longer timeline for us. Just relieved to "know" that it will be longer so I can better plan.

3. Notes - created by KC01824 on March 22, 2017 in Singapore:

PAPER SCREENED. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE: registered 13nov2015, chiang mai. SUMMARY OF DEVELOPMENT & LENGTH OF RELATIONSHIP: First marriage for both. PA is 29yr old male and SPR is 25yr old cancit female. They met mar2013 where he was then a student and she was a volunteer at XXXX in ChiangMai. They continued contact even on her return to Canada in feb2014. She came back to volunteer again in aug2014-jan2015. They engaged dec2014. Declared: TRV refusals in may2014 and jul2015. Married 13nov2015. Attended by SPR's parents. Copy of photos seen. They continue to live together in Thailand. Appears bona fide. A39 concerns: PA is Missionary/Pastor. Both in Thailand. SPR is non-salaried Missionary. Advised that her parents will employ her @cadXX/hr on her return to Canada. Her father is a medical doctor and she is short of the mandated work experience to complete the CPA Accounting designation. No evidence seen.

a) Notes mentioned "bonafide relationship" so I was very happy to see that they don't seem to doubt that our relationship is genuine. I mean, I did quit my job, jeopardize my CPA in order to be with my husband full time in Thailand!

b) Notes mentioned A39 concerns. When I looked that up on the forum, it mentioned that if CIC is not convinced that adequate arrangements (not including reliance on social welfare) have been made for the needs of the applicant, and he/she is unwilling or unable to provide for their own needs, the application can be denied. I was a little surprised to see this as I thought, since I have sponsorship approval, I thought this was no longer a concern? But I guess my understanding was mistaken. I did include a letter from my parents stating that we could live at home, and I could work as the accountant for my dad's medical practice until I found other suitable work once we move to Canada... Not sure what else I should provide...

c) "No evidence seen." Does this mean I should maybe send in new evidence about something? About jeopardizing my CPA to be with my husband? Ideas?

d) No update on my file since the above note was added to my file on March 22, 2017. So 3.66 months and counting...

e) I hope it's clear to them that both TRV refusals were after we were dating (not before we met), so obviously he was trying to come to Canada to see his girlfriend/fiancee, not that he married me to come to Canada...

4. Part of Note by CPC Mississauga on January 31, 2017 (when SA received).

Sponsor Eligibility Decision: Passed. GCMS Check: (Various info from previous two TRV refusals...) V/O to consider and assess. Correct fees received and allocated. Client was advised via decision letter from CPCM that: An original Upfront medical report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once completed forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application. Authorized representative verified to be in good status. SPR is Canadian citizen residing abroad - intent to return to Canada to be determined by the visa office.

a) I am VERY confused why this note includes requesting an upfront medical or risk being denied, when upfront medicals are no longer allowed or possible??!! (We tried getting the upfront medical... wasted money flying to a hospital in Bangkok that said they could still do the upfront mid-December 2016, only to be told that the hospital made a mistake and couldn't do upfront medicals anymore...) We have not received a medical request yet. Medical has status "not started" in GCMS notes. When IRCC is called, it says that "we do not need additional documents" and "if you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you." I'm assuming this was an erroneous automatic note since they hadn't updated their software yet for no upfront medicals?? Should we contact them to see if they are in-fact waiting for a medical, even though it says medical "not started" and no request as been received???!!!

5. Under Sponsor information, it states that I (sponsor) have four years of Diploma/Certificate (Non-University), when in fact I have four year Bachelor of Commerce (as stated in my application) plus 0.5 years of a graduate diploma in accounting (i.e. a graduate program). As they seem to be worried that I can't support my husband back home in Canada, is this error something I should try to point out for them to fix? Not sure what to do here... Should I send in my transcript showing my Bachelor of Commerce, plus my graduate diploma in accounting? My Dean's list with distinction as proof that it shouldn't be too hard to land a job in the future?!

Well, those are the things that stood out to me so far... Open to comments and advice and feedback :) Thanks for your help! It's time for you to have a nap if you actually made it to the end of this message! ;-)

oscargang

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
File Transfer...
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
I had the same KC01824 officer. He put appears bona fide, recommend wav and recommend pass on our application but yet made us wait almost 15 months.

I was helping this other lady that had a child and she was confident that she'd be approved. She was called in for the interview not worried at all because she was confident her marriage was genuine. They had a child together afterall. If I can recall she's been waiting since late 2015 when she submitted her application. She just got denied because they didn't feel her sponsor would be able to support her and their child. Cic believed the marriage was genuine but who would have thought about the financial aspect.

So I'd try to proof as best possible any financial support concerns they may have. Not just your income but how you'll support each other housing wise, food, clothing, etc...

Sorry kind of late with this response haven't checked forum much lately.
hmm, man , I start to worry now :(

TKGSTK

Jun 5, 2017
Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Doc's Request.
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-03-2017
Med's Request
06/07/2017
Med's Done....
10/07/2017
Passport Req..
14/08/2017
VISA ISSUED...
28/08/2017
LANDED..........
22/09/2017
My background check was change yesterday from : your application is in progress to we are processing your background check.
Any idea for help me how long will get PR ???

Reactions: oscargang

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
nothing to worry about this KC01824 is slow. I've had to get his/her supervisor twice to get a move on my wife's file.

He wrote recommend wav, interview wav and bona fide in early July 2016. Late May 2017 I wrote his supervisor in a round a bout way why my wife's file taking so long. In couple days they request my wife do her medical and within 3 business days they requested her passport. Less than 2 weeks they returned the passport with visa and Copr.

If he put the same on your file might just be prepared to ride out the normal processing time. I do hope I'm wrong and it's done quicker.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
My background check was change yesterday from : your application is in progress to we are processing your background check.
Any idea for help me how long will get PR ???
it will be soon. In Vietnam when we do our medicals they hold it for 3 business days before they submit it through E-Cas to Singapore. Singapore receives it right away and processes it. Than they issued us the passport request in a day or 2 later. So About 5 business days in total. Could be longer for others but that's the quickest they can do from medicals to passport request at least in Vietnam that I know of.

Reactions: TKGSTK

TKGSTK

Jun 5, 2017
Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Doc's Request.
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-03-2017
Med's Request
06/07/2017
Med's Done....
10/07/2017
Passport Req..
14/08/2017
VISA ISSUED...
28/08/2017
LANDED..........
22/09/2017
Oh !! That will great to hear like this , I had medical check done on last Monday 10/7/2017 show on my timeline you passed the medical exam .and yesterday I had noticed my BGC was change ...hope good news coming soon, Thank you Buonqua

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
I have similar problem like CdnWifeLivinginThailand regarding financials.

I lived the last 3.5 years mainly in Vietnam. Never worked in Canada or Vietnam during those times. I made sure to at least come back to Canada once or twice a year for a couple months so I don't get labeled non-resident in Canada.

My worries were if I were to be labeled a non-resident of Canada I would have to proof my intentions to return to Canada and the financial means to support my wife and our 2 babies.

I know not every couples can afford to go back and forth to Canada but maybe just once might not deem you a non-resident of Canada residing abroad in the eyes of the Singapore officer.

Reactions: TKGSTK

oscargang

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
File Transfer...
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
nothing to worry about this KC01824 is slow. I've had to get his/her supervisor twice to get a move on my wife's file.

He wrote recommend wav, interview wav and bona fide in early July 2016. Late May 2017 I wrote his supervisor in a round a bout way why my wife's file taking so long. In couple days they request my wife do her medical and within 3 business days they requested her passport. Less than 2 weeks they returned the passport with visa and Copr.

If he put the same on your file might just be prepared to ride out the normal processing time. I do hope I'm wrong and it's done quicker.
Good to know it. I am curious how you found out about his/her supervisor. "Write" here means email or in letter? I hope that I don't stuck in the same situation. I am preparing for the worst case. Thanks.

oscargang

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
File Transfer...
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Finally, my wife get PPR today, she will send out the passport soon. I am releived now :)