Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015; AOR2: 03-08-2015
We got the PPR yesterday! Now with regards to sending the passport, since we are not in the countries listed where we send via CVAC, we are planning to DHL the passport.

We had a quick question. We are planning to do a prepaid waybill for them to send the passport back to my wife. She however, is living at university residence and isn't comfortable having the passport sent back to the university (where all courier is first received at one central location and there is a possibility for things to get lost when delivered from the university's central mailbox to her residence). Is it okay to have the prepaid waybill to have the passport returned to her be her uncle's house, which is not too far from where she lives? We are afraid that CIC may think that she now lives at her uncle's address which is not mentioned anywhere in the application (especially when she does not live at her uncle's place).

Just to clarify, she is still living in the address mentioned in the application but would like the passport to be sent back to her uncle's home address since it will be a secure delivery. I'm guessing that it won't be a problem, but if someone could confirm I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
I don't see why that would be an issue. Any questions or concerns would have been brought up during review of your application. If you're worried, just write a letter stating why you want them to return to a different address instead. Visa Officers are people too, you can write notes to help them understand and I'm sure they'll accommodate without issues.

On another note, rock on SVO. Pushing out Visa's fast this year!

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
AOR2: 16th March 2015
File Transfer...
9th March 2015.E-cas in process: 22nd August 2015
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
amostpainfulwait said:
We got the PPR yesterday! Now with regards to sending the passport, since we are not in the countries listed where we send via CVAC, we are planning to DHL the passport.

We had a quick question. We are planning to do a prepaid waybill for them to send the passport back to my wife. She however, is living at university residence and isn't comfortable having the passport sent back to the university (where all courier is first received at one central location). Is it okay to have the prepaid waybill to have the passport returned to her be her uncle's house, which is not too far from where she lives? We are not sure if CIC will think that she now lives at her uncle's address, which is not mentioned in the application. She is still living in the address mentioned in the application but would like the passport to be sent back to her uncle's home address since it will be a secure delivery. I'm guessing that it won't be a problem, but if someone could confirm I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Hi!
Congrats on your PPR! You're so lucky to get a request so fast! Anyway, regarding how to send the passport..where is your wife residing now? Because if she is in Australia then there is a CVAC in Sydney and Perth. My experience with CVAC is really good. I got sms and e-mail notification which is good and I can keep track easily too using their website. Anyway, I don't know anything about sending it via courier. Maybe anyone who had an experience can share?

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015; AOR2: 03-08-2015
Thanks for your valuable inputs everyone.

Mazleen, thanks for the well wishes. You are right, but we contacted the CVAC in Australia and they said that they do not normally ship passports to Visa Offices abroad. They said that a request can be sent to SVO to transfer the file to the local visa office and only then would they take care of secure passport deliveries. We don't think this option is feasible since it would result in delays due to the transfer.

As such, we are planning on sending the passport to SVO via DHL with a prepaid waybill envelope for the return. We will send it out today, so hopefully the next steps are quick! Thanks everyone.

allah amar rob

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
By the grace of ALMIGHTY ALLAH I got my visa and copr yesterday! It took exactly 6 months!(From the day application filed to receiving my passport). I thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the forum members for helping me out and giving me so much good advices.I really appreciate it. I Pray to ALLAH that everyone in this forum who is going through the difficult times get their visas soon. IN SHA ALLAH!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
allah amar rob said:
By the grace of ALMIGHTY ALLAH I got my visa and copr yesterday! It took exactly 6 months!(From the day application filed to receiving my passport). I thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the forum members for helping me out and giving me so much good advices.I really appreciate it. I Pray to ALLAH that everyone in this forum who is going through the difficult times get their visas soon. IN SHA ALLAH!
Congratulations! Stay blessed.

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
N/A. Decision Made: 02 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
29 oct 2015. Passport Sent : 01 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
06 Nov 2015 Passport received: 01 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
In December.
Hello everyone! I received a mail from VO. They said I'm not required to attend an interview and undergo medical exam. I did my remedical on 04 October. How many days do they take to respond?

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In December.
ccastillo said:
Just got a new update on ECAS! and it's finally DECISION MADE!! Thank you Lord!

I wonder how many days does the Singapore VO usually bring back the passport back to Thailand?

Good luck to everyone still waiting, keep holding on! and i know everything will be positive! ;)
Congrats ccastillo

ENC

May 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone..

My spouse re-submitted his medical and police certs because the previous ones submitted has expired.
Medical/police certs mailed on 28th Sept and Ecas updated to DM on 14th Oct but there were no additional notes added.
Till now I didn't receive anything requesting for the passport. I read mostly Passport Request comes before DM. So I'm a bit worried now.
No mention about interview required or waived.
Anyone can share their experiences? What are the notes added after DM?

My timeline is:
Application Sub: 26 Jan 2015
AOR1 : 26 Mar
AOR2 : 6 Jun
In Process: 23 Jul
Re-Medical/Police: 28 Sep
Decision Made: 14 Oct

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Hi, just wait a few more days. My ECAS updated to DM before passport request. Shortly after, we received an email stating to submit passport and photos.

ENC

May 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mle.87 said:
Hi, just wait a few more days. My ECAS updated to DM before passport request. Shortly after, we received an email stating to submit passport and photos.
Thank you for replying.
Did you get any notes added when Ecas was updated to DM?

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In December.
ENC said:
Hi everyone..

My spouse re-submitted his medical and police certs because the previous ones submitted has expired.
Medical/police certs mailed on 28th Sept and Ecas updated to DM on 14th Oct but there were no additional notes added.
Till now I didn't receive anything requesting for the passport. I read mostly Passport Request comes before DM. So I'm a bit worried now.
No mention about interview required or waived.
Anyone can share their experiences? What are the notes added after DM?

My timeline is:
Application Sub: 26 Jan 2015
AOR1 : 26 Mar
AOR2 : 6 Jun
In Process: 23 Jul
Re-Medical/Police: 28 Sep
Decision Made: 14 Oct
Congrats ENC! You are gonna get your visa soon. I did my remedical but I didn't have send my medical report by mail. Medical centre sent the report. Did you send your medical repost by mail?

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
ENC said:
Thank you for replying.
Did you get any notes added when Ecas was updated to DM?
It went to DM with no additional line. I checked a few days later and it said sent correspondence which was the PPR.

tkmm2

Oct 15, 2015
Hey guys,
I sponsor my wife. I submitted the app to Missausauga office in July, and everything went smooth till the file got to the SG office that they sent my wife email last week that my wife is on the interview list.
I am furious. Is there anyway to improve the situation? like submitting more documents to change their mind?
sigh**
I think of one reason probably because my wedding ceremony are too small, and not too many parties from both sides involved.
Any help and ideas, please?
I am so frustrated about that.

M

mikeymyke

tkmm2 said:
Hey guys,
I sponsor my wife. I submitted the app to Missausauga office in July, and everything went smooth till the file got to the SG office that they sent my wife email last week that my wife is on the interview list.
I am furious. Is there anyway to improve the situation? like submitting more documents to change their mind?
sigh**
I think of one reason probably because my wedding ceremony are too small, and not too many parties from both sides involved.
Any help and ideas, please?
I am so frustrated about that.
I've never heard of anyone being able to reverse the interview request after it's being issued, so you're out of luck with that. However I've heard of many cases where on the GCMS notes, some people reported in the notes that an interview is recommended, but after they issued tons of evidence, they had the interview waived. But you're too late for that because you got the interview letter.

Singapore VO is one of the toughest visa offices in the world. Applicants have to do their best to avoid the interview as much as possible by minimizing the amount of red flags in their application. Did you decide to go with a small ceremony with not too many parties from both sides, despite knowing that this could cause problems in your application? There could also be other factors at play too such as fast relationship development, marriage on first visit, age difference, etc, but I don't know your entire case.