waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
allah amar rob said:
thank you so much mazleen.they included a pdf file Appendix C form along with the passport photo request letter.Could you please tell me how I should fill up the Appendix C form?It should be typed or handwritten?
I just printed the form and wrote in capital letters so it's easy for them to read. So far no problem and I got my passport back in 9 days from the day that I sent. Maybe it's faster for your or roughly the same time like mine..+- 1 week plus.

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
AOR2: 16th March 2015
File Transfer...
9th March 2015.E-cas in process: 22nd August 2015
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
waiting... said:
Hello Everyone,
Please share your timeline. It will help us to predict norms. I am sharing mine below.
If you want you can use the below template.

Family Class Sponsorship:

Category____________: Family
Visa Office___________: SVO
Application Filed______: 25 June, 2015
AOR Received________: 29 July, 2015
File Transfer_________: 1 September, 2015
Sponsorship Approval _: 10 September, 2015
AOR2 Received_______: 16 September, 2015
Medical Request______: Upfront
Medical Done ________: 31 May, 2015
Interview ___________: ------
Passport Request_____: ------
Visa Issued__________: ------
Landed _____________: ------
You can put your timeline at the singapore spreadsheet. Much easier to see each other progress and kinda use the previous people timeline to roughly predict yours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fRlo_Gh3reOTu6kA8gAJufcX636wWwbv_s2zG5ZnAf8/edit#gid=0

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
MAR-11-2015 AOR2 Received: APR-16-2015
File Transfer...
MAR-15-2015 In Process: AUG-06-2015 Decision Made: SEPT-22-2015
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
SEPT-10-2015 | SENT SEPT 11 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
Just got a new update on ECAS! and it's finally DECISION MADE!! Thank you Lord!

I wonder how many days does the Singapore VO usually bring back the passport back to Thailand?

Good luck to everyone still waiting, keep holding on! and i know everything will be positive! ;)

waiting...

Sep 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 June, 2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
29 July, 2015
File Transfer...
1 Sep, 2015
Med's Done....
31 May, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1 Oct, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
4 Nov, 2015
LANDED..........
6 Dec, 2015 (Tentative)
mazleen said:
You can put your timeline at the singapore spreadsheet. Much easier to see each other progress and kinda use the previous people timeline to roughly predict yours.
Thank you so much, mazleen! I really appreciate it.

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
ccastillo said:
Just got a new update on ECAS! and it's finally DECISION MADE!! Thank you Lord!

I wonder how many days does the Singapore VO usually bring back the passport back to Thailand?

Good luck to everyone still waiting, keep holding on! and i know everything will be positive! ;)
Congrats!! I think usually between 1-2 weeks.

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
I checked ecas this morning and it's showing my wife's pr status as being decision made. I'm a little worried because that seems too quick to be true. I hope they don't mark the decision made as in decision to go interview... :(

M

mikeymyke

No, DM is either she gets visa or is refused. It does seem pretty early however, since you guys didn't even get "In Process" or passport request yet.

Since you got SA, I'm guessing you the sponsor, isn't the issue, must be something with your wife's documents. For example, she was married before, but failed to show proof of divorce from ex. Or you guys were missing a document, etc.

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Hey Mike, my name is also Michael haha ;D

Both my SA status and PR status were "In Process." The PR just changed to Decision Made yesterday and I'm not worried about lost documentation because we quadruple checked everything before sending it off. Also, no need to worry about previous divorce or any of that messy stuff for either of us.

john_petrucci

May 2, 2013
I have 2 questions before sending the passport:

1. Two photos taken within the last 3 months have to be submitted. However, the instructions say "do not write on the back of the photos". So, how would they know when the photos were taken? or should we just send the photos without any indication of the dates?
2. We have to fill out appendix C, which contains fields for Applicant, Spouse and Children. Does my spouse (applicant) need to fill out my information as well? The information includes height, eye color etc. Is it just for spouses who will accompany the applicant? I am currently in Canada, so will not accompany my spouse.

Thanks in advance.

Sianne

Sep 29, 2015
Hi Everybody...

I need your help in here. I am from indonesia and my husband is a canadian citizen. After we got married, he left his job in canada and moves to indonesia. We plan to apply for PR outland from indonesia (south east asia). My question is, what kind or paperwork and documents we need to serve to cic so they can allow my husband to sponsor me even if he stay in indonesia and have no job right now? What kind of documents we need to give them to prove that our marriage relationship is genuine? Where should we send all of the documents when canadian embassy in indonesia doesn't process PR application? from what i heard, canadian embassy in singapore who process all the PR application for south east asia. Should we send it to singapore or ask canadian embassy in indonesia to help us send it? Or we should send it to cic missauga canada? Thank you very much for your help

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
Sianne said:
Hi Everybody...

I need your help in here. I am from indonesia and my husband is a canadian citizen. After we got married, he left his job in canada and moves to indonesia. We plan to apply for PR outland from indonesia (south east asia). My question is, what kind or paperwork and documents we need to serve to cic so they can allow my husband to sponsor me even if he stay in indonesia and have no job right now? What kind of documents we need to give them to prove that our marriage relationship is genuine? Where should we send all of the documents when canadian embassy in indonesia doesn't process PR application? from what i heard, canadian embassy in singapore who process all the PR application for south east asia. Should we send it to singapore or ask canadian embassy in indonesia to help us send it? Or we should send it to cic missauga canada? Thank you very much for your help
Hi Sianne

My situation is quite similar with yours in a way. My husband has been in Malaysia for the past 13 years. We applied outland and I got my PR within 9 months. Make sure you have all the documents that they want. Your husband don't have to provide any financial proof but just a letter and a plan showing what's he gonna do once he's in Canada ( proof of intent to return to Canada) I can help you if you need any information or question. After all the documents done, medical and also payment, you send it to Mississauga first. Then after your husband get approved as a sponsor, they will send everything to Singapore to be processed. Then you just wait to be approve.Some good points to follow:

1. It's better to do your medical exam a few days before you send your application so you don't have to redo the medical exam.
2. Make sure you pay all the fees upfront. I paid CAD1040.
3. Send your application through courier like fed ex or UPS etc so you can keep track when it actually arrived. Make sure it's the right address.

Can't think of any other good pointers. Anyway, feel free to message me if you want to contact me directly.

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Update on my wife's application. Our ECAS PR Status changed from In Progress to Decision MAde on Sept. 28th 2015.

Yesterday I received email from SVO asking for my wife's passport, today she's on her way to Hanoi IOM to submit passport :p

Category____________: Family
Visa Office___________: SVO
Application Filed______: 23 June, 2015
AOR Received________: 23 July, 2015
Sponsorship Approval _: 19 August, 2015
AOR2 Received_______: 27 August, 2015
Medical Request______: Upfront
Interview ___________: ------
Passport Request_____: 30 September, 2015
Visa Issued__________: ------
Landed _____________: ------

M

mikeymyke

Congrats Mike!

Decision Made when you have passport request, 99% of the time it's the visa.

Really happy to see Vietnamese applicants getting a break with these super quick processing times. I always thought I had a speedy timeline with 6 months to DM, but you got it in 3 months! This should give new hope to Vietnamese applicants, considering I'm reading recent reports of Vietnamese applicants getting an interview request even with PPR.

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
I think our fast application was due to our case having good supporting documents. My wife and I are 3 years apart in age and we're still fairly young, no previous marriage, had to get catholic marriage class certificate, had a traditional + catholic marriage ceremony, 4 of my friends from canada went to vietnam for our wedding including my whole family. I did multiple trips back and had all flight stubbs of mine and my friends as well. Besides the traditional pictures, phone logs, texts etc for proof I think having my friends as part of my wedding help seal the deal that this isn't a sham marriage of convenience. All in all, I'm quite shocked myself because my initial hope for a fast application was 1 year, to get DM and PPR in 3 months was definitely surprising.

When I called to let my wife know, she said if this was another one of my dumb jokes I'd be a single man :p

M

mikeymyke

Well the thing is, even just 2 years ago, I was watching the progress of other Vietnamese applicants. Even cases with no interview were taking at least a year to get to "In Process", and the strongest cases (ones where the spouses lived together for 5+ years and have kids) didn't get their visas until at least the 8 month mark.

When I applied for my wife last year, it took her about 6 months to get DM, which was shocking to us considering we were expecting at least a year. Otherwise we wouldn't have applied for the visitor visa, which she eventually got. And yes, our case is a strong one like yours. My entire family from Canada came to wedding. We waited a year after proposal to get married. We met each other numerous times before proposal. Lots of communication proofs.

But wow, Mike, really happy to see the direction this is going for Vietnamese applicants.