+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

M

mikeymyke

Ok take it from me, someone who was a bit paranoid about the GCMS notes thing, and feeling the need to order one every 2 weeks.

Bottom line is, it's a waste of time and money to order that often, you should order a maximum of 1 set of notes a month.

When I tried to order every 2 weeks, they would process the first request, but not the second, yet they still kept my $5 from the second set of notes. Basically after 30 days, they would give me the notes from the 1st request, but then 2 weeks later, they would not send the notes from 2nd request.

It might annoy them a little, but it has 0 effect on your application. I ordered a total of 5 GCMS notes, and my application went very quickly, got Decision Made in 7 months.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Shaw said:
It is their policy to retun all the pictures and documents you sent with your Appliction and those can not be returned by email.

SVO will return those to the PR Applicant's mailing address as shown at ecas.
There have been quite a few persons to get email regarding passport request. Not just us. And a week later, your photos will be returned and in your mail address. I personally prefer email, as it shortens the waitime by a week or so.

Koifish76

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Tdot123 said:
Hi Shaw

That's what I thought. My GCMS notes were collected as of August 25 where it only says eligibility not started. Note section only has notes from Mississauga that are all positive. I sent an email to SVO case specific inquiry on Sept 3 but no reply yet. And MP office told me two weeks ago the initial assessment has not been performed yet. It's a bit strange that they haven't touched it even after I emailed. Maybe they are giving evasive answers to MP and actually began initial processing, at least I hope so. What's your thought? Should I send another email?
Yes you should send SVO case specifie inquiry to know the status of your application.

Yes SVO gave me a evasive/ hiding answer to my quary.

Shaw

Karen Ong

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9,2014
Nomination.....
SA: June 25,2014
AOR Received.
ECAS-in process: October 7,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 9,2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM Dec 22,2014, Issued on Dec23,2014
LANDED..........
March 1, 2015
Hi everyone! it's our 1st wedding anniversary today, sad to say we're also 1 year apart.. But i'm hoping that soon we'll be together again, As all of us have been praying.Last October 7 our ECAS changed from application received' to 'in process'.. hopefully we'll be hearing soon from SVO. Our application was filed 9th of June. I'm not sure what should i expect after 'in process'.. or how many more months to wait for them to process our application.

Karen Ong

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9,2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Aug 9,2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 1, 2015
Shaw said:
shah0076

SVO will generally send PPR by mail as they have to send all pictures etc with that.

You must get PPR by 2 weeks. Now-a-days SVO mistypers address over letter (especially in Bangladesh cases), so you may not get it.

I suggest you should check you local post office for the mail after 2 weeks.

Shaw

Hi shaw! I'm just wondering if SVO will send the PPR to me or to my husband in Canada? I'm based here in Singapore. Thanks. :)

M

mikeymyke

Karen Ong said:
Hi everyone! it's our 1st wedding anniversary today, sad to say we're also 1 year apart.. But i'm hoping that soon we'll be together again, As all of us have been praying.Last October 7 our ECAS changed from application received' to 'in process'.. hopefully we'll be hearing soon from SVO. Our application was filed 9th of June. I'm not sure what should i expect after 'in process'.. or how many more months to wait for them to process our application.
Hey congrats on your anniversary, hope your husband didn't forget it :p

If you filed in June and you got in process now, then you should get Decision Made around December (6 months), provided the background/medical checks go well and there are no other issues. The Singapore office has gotten substantially faster than the last 2 years (despite the fact that the posted processing time went up to 31 months), as people took 1 year minimum to get In Process even with no interview. We're all very fortunate this year.

shah0076

Jun 7, 2012
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12,2014
AOR Received.
Aug 11,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 18,2014 turn to " in process" oct 14, 2014
Med's Request
upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
mikeymyke said:

If you filed in June and you got in process now, then you should get Decision Made around December (6 months), provided the background/medical checks go well and there are no other issues. The Singapore office has gotten substantially faster than the last 2 years (despite the fact that the posted processing time went up to 31 months), as people took 1 year minimum to get In Process even with no interview. We're all very fortunate this year.
Dear mike,
After how long your stutus change from "in process" to "deceision made" and when i can expect mine chage i applied on may 12 ,2014 my online stutus change in process on october 14 , 2014

M

mikeymyke

shah0076 said:
Dear mike,
After how long your stutus change from "in process" to "deceision made" and when i can expect mine chage i applied on may 12 ,2014 my online stutus change in process on october 14 , 2014
It took about 2 months, but in reality, it should only be 1 month, because my wife came to visit me on a TRV for a month. Had she remained in her country, we would've gotten DM 1 month after In Process.

For you, its hard to say when you will get DM, the biggest factor is when they ask for passport, which they should do pretty soon.

Karen Ong

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9,2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Aug 9,2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 1, 2015
mikeymyke said:

Thank you! Luckily my husband remembered :D
Praying that our application has no issues and my interview will be waived! Crossed fingers hehe ;D
Just excited to see my husband next year.. May I ask if they will send PPR as well as the rest of the pictures in Canada or here in Singapore as I am based here.
Thanks

M

mikeymyke

Each person is different, but for my wife, she got PPR along with our photos from our application. They sent to her home address in Vietnam.

dashslasher

Oct 19, 2014
Hello all. New to the forum and have two questions:

1. Which address that you put on the envelope when you mailed all the applications? Is it Canada or the country of origin of the applicant? I assume CIC is going to send the PR card to this address so I just want to be very sure that I'm there when it arrives.

2. Do you send your police certificate and medical records together inside the envelope the first time you send out your application? I am a bit confused because I see people keep getting requests for these records whereas CIC website lists it in their application checklist. I just don't believe that many people are late in sending these. Are they waiting for the first stage to be approved first? Won't CPC return the application if it's not complete?

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
dashslasher said:
Hello all. New to the forum and have two questions:

1. Which address that you put on the envelope when you mailed all the applications? Is it Canada or the country of origin of the applicant? I assume CIC is going to send the PR card to this address so I just want to be very sure that I'm there when it arrives.

2. Do you send your police certificate and medical records together inside the envelope the first time you send out your application? I am a bit confused because I see people keep getting requests for these records whereas CIC website lists it in their application checklist. I just don't believe that many people are late in sending these. Are they waiting for the first stage to be approved first? Won't CPC return the application if it's not complete?
I don't see your full background to guide you. I think you should read www.cic.gc.ca for immigration throughly and find out which category your case falls and then check the forms, guides, check-list etc. Everything is in there.

Or otherwise consult a immigration lawyer or consultant.

bd_singp

Mar 25, 2014
Hi Everybody,

Singapore had received my file on Mar 2013.

My wife Received interview letter on Feb. 2014.

Now waiting for the interview date.

is there anyone from Bangladesh, also waiting for interview, Any idea when it can be?

Thanks

M

mikeymyke

Unfortunately, Singapore VO applicants normally have to wait 24 months for an interview.