+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

meks

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys!!!
If Anyone of this forum know how often SVO arrange INTERVIEW in Bangladesh, PLEASE Let me know.
And how many Interview was done in 2014 ie till September

I am :eek:

M

mikeymyke

I would imagine there are a lot of people from Bangladesh area getting interviews, as are most people whose countries are part of the Singapore Visa Office (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, etc).

Don't know the exact numbers, but judging by their processing time length and high refusal rate (28%), they are probably getting a lot of red flag cases, so they're having to do lots of interviews.

oferoo

May 22, 2014
Tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2014
LANDED..........
In December
mikeymyke said:
I would imagine there are a lot of people from Bangladesh area getting interviews, as are most people whose countries are part of the Singapore Visa Office (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, etc).

Don't know the exact numbers, but judging by their processing time length and high refusal rate (28%), they are probably getting a lot of red flag cases, so they're having to do lots of interviews.
That's scary mate! We submitted my wife's passport on August 19 and just few days back VFS status says,
"Visa application, tracking ID No XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Your Decision has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office,DHAKA on{Scandate) to the Canada Visa Application Centre DHAKA. You will get SMS & Email when your Decision will receive at Canada Visa application centre where it was submitted."

First off, I don't understand why they are saying "Decision has been dispatched" ..is it a correct statement?
Secondly--Dhaka does not have a Visa office. How come decision has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, Dhaka? Typo..I assume. Or I am smelling an interview :eek:.

Any thoughts friends??

M

mikeymyke

oferoo, did you check your ecas status online to see if it says Decision Made? Or Application Received? If it says App. Received, you got an interview. If it's Decision Made, then you've got the visa.

Dhaka doesn't have visa office, they're talking about the Canada Visa Application Centre, which is located here:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/bangladesh/contactus.html

oferoo

May 22, 2014
Tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2014
LANDED..........
In December
@Mikeymyke Yes I did check my wife's ECAS. For her application "Decision Made" was showing up even before we sent out the passport. As soon as they completed the process and sent out a passport request in early Aug the ecas status changed to Decision Made right away from Application received. So don't know what to expect mate. Wish us luck!

M

mikeymyke

Then I think you've got good news. Decision Made either means refusal or visa issued, it never means an interview will be granted. And seeing as how quickly your application went, I doubt its a refusal.

Congratulations, oferoo! You're the first member of the March 2014 applicant thread from Singapore to get a visa!

oferoo

May 22, 2014
Tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2014
LANDED..........
In December
Thanks so much for all your support mate! I honestly hope it's a good news. I will definitely let you guys know about it as soon as I get the passport back possibly sometime next week. Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!

meks

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
mikeymyke,
Its 18th months I am waiting for Interview date but still i didnt get the date yet. By this time my spouse visit me twice. I change my job. I didnt ask GCMS, someone advise me it better not to bother them. I am just trying to be patient!!

RKBM

May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2013
AOR Received.
7-10-2013
File Transfer...
11-11-2013
meks said:
Is there anyone from BD who got Interview date recently ???
Let me know
Exactly this question I have asked here a month ago.Looks like you and me got the same question.I wish this time someone would really come up with a date.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Great news to share...ECAS shows DECISION MADE!!!

We are overjoyed and feel incredibly blessed. Hopefully on monday vfs will show passport has been dispatched. She will be taking the first flight available after passport in hands! Can't wait to be with her soon ;D

Koifish76

synthesis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2013
AOR Received.
September 29, 2013
File Transfer...
October 18, 2013
Med's Request
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received med request on August 26th, 2014)
Med's Done....
August 27th, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received passport request on August 26th, 2014)- Moral of the story: Make sure Singapore gets your address right!! And When your status changes to "In Process" visit your post office ASAP!
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: September 25th, 2014; Visa Issued: October 12th, 2014
LANDED..........
February 7th, 2015 (God wiling)
Koifish76 said:
Great news to share...ECAS shows DECISION MADE!!!

We are overjoyed and feel incredibly blessed. Hopefully on monday vfs will show passport has been dispatched. She will be taking the first flight available after passport in hands! Can't wait to be with her soon ;D

Koifish76
Congratulations!! :D

My husband just checked the visa tracking and it says the visa and passport came to the Canadian visa office at Dhaka and they will send an email and text to notify him when it comes and of the decision. I'm so nervous. What does "the decision" mean? Can anyone please clarify. Thanks.

~synthesis

M

mikeymyke

There was another member here yesterday from Bangladesh who was getting a "decision" sent to him, but he checked ecas and it was Decision Made. So in all likelihood he got the visa. So you should check your ecas now, see what it says.

synthesis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2013
AOR Received.
September 29, 2013
File Transfer...
October 18, 2013
Med's Request
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received med request on August 26th, 2014)
Med's Done....
August 27th, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received passport request on August 26th, 2014)- Moral of the story: Make sure Singapore gets your address right!! And When your status changes to "In Process" visit your post office ASAP!
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: September 25th, 2014; Visa Issued: October 12th, 2014
LANDED..........
February 7th, 2015 (God wiling)
mikeymyke said:
There was another member here yesterday from Bangladesh who was getting a "decision" sent to him, but he checked ecas and it was Decision Made. So in all likelihood he got the visa. So you should check your ecas now, see what it says.
It says "decision made". With interview waived, I really hope it's good news, God willing.

~synthesis