did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Just an update from us.

We sent our application using the EMS service from Thailand Post. Our documents weight was about 2.5kg and they charged us a little over 2300 baht. They got our documents to the Mississauga Office in exactly one week. Our documents arrived there on the 16th of July. The tracking system was detailed and kept completely up to date. I have to admit this was a great way for us to send our documents from Thailand to Canada.

So now the waiting begins!

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waiting4ever said:
Hi all,

There was a new entry on ecas yesterday, the status has changed to "Decission made".

A decision has been made on XXXXXXXXXXX's application. The office will contact XXXXXXXXXXX concerning this decision.

My wife sent in the passport on June 24th and still waiting for it to come back with a visa affixed, hopefully soon. Anyone else has any news? Best of luck everyone!

Durianfruit604, did your wife get her passport back yet?

hi waiting4ever,
has ur wife got her pp back yet? please let us know the updates. i am trying to estimate the pp return time.
thanks.

Waiting4ever

Jun 14, 2010
Cananda
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
File Transfer...
01-04-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2010
Wonderboy, my wife picked up her passport with Visa on July 15th. Finally, the wait is almost over. I just have to wait for my wife to book the flight.

wonderboy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waiting4ever said:
Wonderboy, my wife picked up her passport with Visa on July 15th. Finally, the wait is almost over. I just have to wait for my wife to book the flight.

Congratulations! Thanks for the update.

bholebabaji

Apr 12, 2010
I am sponsoring my wife from Thailand. I am of east Indian origin, Canadian citizen. This is my 2nd marriage. My wife is 12 yrs younger than me. I applied last year august and the file was approved and sent to Singapore in November 09. My wife got a letter from singapore VO end of march this year, telling her that she is on the interview list. Nothing after that till date. It has been 4 months since. I am just wondering how long before she is called for an interview. Also she wants to have her interview in thai language. I am wondering if the VO will facilitate that.
I am also anxious about the whole interview process. I don't know what to expect. My wife is also very nervous. Anybody with interview experiences out there. Please share. THX!

ross1

Aug 3, 2010
maxvol said:
I figured we have enough number of people who have submitted their applications and are waiting. I guess its a good idea to start our own thread. This will give us an idea of our time lines and help each other. Wait times for Singapore seems to be really very long.
Mine is in process since September 28, no word from CHC-S yet :(
Hello, i have submitted our application. i was approved on sept 24 2009, and didnt get a responce until late dec. The date on the letter the Sinapore offical sent was liquid papered out as of being stamped Dec1, but over top was hand written Dec 30th. Anyways, i got my Mp involved and we got a responce for Singapore offical says our file has been sent to HCMC. I am just wondering, once in HCMC, how long before news?. My wife is 8 months pregnant, due sept 15th (they were also aware of this, so much for speeding up our app), i will be travelling there on sept 1 to be with my wife. Had to take a leave from work, Parental leave which is costly...thank you anyone for any help..good luck to all

ross1

Aug 3, 2010
Hello, i have submitted our application. i was approved on sept 24 2009, and didnt get a responce until late dec. The date on the letter the Sinapore offical sent was liquid papered out as of being stamped Dec1, but over top was hand written Dec 30th. Anyways, i got my Mp involved and we got a responce for Singapore offical says our file has been sent to HCMC. I am just wondering, once in HCMC, how long before news?. My wife is 8 months pregnant, due sept 15th (they were also aware of this, so much for speeding up our app), i will be travelling there on sept 1 to be with my wife. Had to take a leave from work, Parental leave which is costly...thank you anyone for any help..good luck to all

victorialad

Jul 2, 2010
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
File Transfer...
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2010
LANDED..........
7-12-2010
Hi All,
Congratulations to those of you whose partners have recently received their visas or have received updates indicating that the visa is imminent. I wish you all the best. Thank you for continuing to provide information and answers to the rest of us who are still waiting.

While the other topics are of interest, it is particularly useful to read posts from people who have been dealing with the Singapore, since it gives the best idea of how they work, and what I can expect (or not).

My own timeline can be seen in my profile....no letter from Singapore yet, just the "in progress" update on E-CAS. Now....just have to bide my time and try to be patient, and of course....monitor this and other topics to continue to learn as much as possible.

I have one specific question....my wife had her medical test well before the application was submitted. I presume they have a process to match up the application with test results, after the application is received.

What information, if any, did you receive regarding the medical results being matched up, and when did that occur in the process?

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Victorialad,

We are in the same boat as you, we got my spouses medical done in March but didn't end up sending our application until July. They must have a method of matching documents like that up. The worst that could happen is that they ask you to get another medical done right? Thank goodness it is cheap in Thailand hehehe.

victorialad

Jul 2, 2010
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
File Transfer...
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2010
LANDED..........
7-12-2010
Okay, thanks Hycore.

pelda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2010
Jakarta, Indonesia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
still no news :(
my medical check up is almost expired
i am going to visit sigapore on october, if i still not heard anything, do you think it will be wise to visit them and ask myself?
and is it possible to wait for the pr (outland) in canada? and take care everything from there?
thanks guys. Gbu.

sophienguyen

Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all
im from Vietnam,on july, 28,2010, i got mail from Sing and my husband paid ROPRF the same day,but i dont heard from singapore since then for PP request,im so worry ...thanks anyone for help,good luck all

victorialad

Jul 2, 2010
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
File Transfer...
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2010
LANDED..........
7-12-2010
Hi Sophie,
I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I'd like to ask some of you. Can you tell me when your application started processing in Singapore? Also, what was the mail that you received from Singapore on July 28th?

I'm curious to know because my wife is also Vietnamese, and I'm trying to learn as much as possible about how the Singapore office works with Vietnamese applicants.

Thanks

sophienguyen

Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi victorialad
my application started processing in Sing on jun/28 and i received mail from Sing for the right of permanent residence fee request
And now i must to wait for passport request from Sing,but i dont heard anything since then,i really want to know how long i get pp request from sing after i paid PRF,any sharing,thanks so much
if you wnt to know something ,ask me ok i will help you everything i can,good luck