28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
passgo88 said:
What if they didn't return with the passport request? I got PPR a month ago without returning photos and documents. And I haven't received any news yet! Is that a bad sign? I am so worry. Anyone any advise?
Hi, not a bad sign at all , since they still have to return all pictures and documents if an interview is needeed

M

mikeymyke

ttnguyen17 said:
Hey, they returned photos and documents together with the paspport request
Happy you mentioned that considering both our spouses are from Vietnam :)

oferoo

May 22, 2014
Tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2014
LANDED..........
In December
Folks--I have a quick question for you. I have sent out my application for my wife's immigration back in March 7, 2014. On August 10, 2014 my wife received a letter from Singapore and they have mentioned that her processing is almost complete. She sent out her passport on August 12,2014 via VFS Dhaka and tracking suggested that it reached there in Singapore on August 19. It was mentioned on the same letter that it would take 1 month to print the PR visa on the passport. Here I am.. after almost a month and a half..still nothing. I was supposed leave Toronto tonight to bring my wife with me but unfortunately I had to cancel my ticket :mad:. I perhaps sent out a request to Singapore immediately after 1 month has passed and they replied on the next day with "This file is currently pending final review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required.......We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned...". I honestly did not understand that mail fully..albeit little puzzled. My ECAS status is "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision" since August 10. I don't understand what else to review after a decision is made. May be I am missing something ??? Could any of you good folks shed some light on this? Much appreciated.

tulip5664

Mar 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeymyke said:
Happy you mentioned that considering both our spouses are from Vietnam :)
What sort of documents are you referring? When my ecas changed to "in process", CIC returned our photos and requested police cert, remedical and passport. On 26 Sep, i got "decision made" and will be getting my passport back today. Do you mean there maybe a chance CIC may call for interview even if they issued COPR?

M

mikeymyke

oferoo said:
Folks--I have a quick question for you. I have sent out my application for my wife's immigration back in March 7, 2014. On August 10, 2014 my wife received a letter from Singapore and they have mentioned that her processing is almost complete. She sent out her passport on August 12,2014 via VFS Dhaka and tracking suggested that it reached there in Singapore on August 19. It was mentioned on the same letter that it would take 1 month to print the PR visa on the passport. Here I am.. after almost a month and a half..still nothing. I was supposed leave Toronto tonight to bring my wife with me but unfortunately I had to cancel my ticket :mad:. I perhaps sent out a request to Singapore immediately after 1 month has passed and they replied on the next day with "This file is currently pending final review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required.......We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned...". I honestly did not understand that mail fully..albeit little puzzled. My ECAS status is "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision" since August 10. I don't understand what else to review after a decision is made. May be I am missing something ??? Could any of you good folks shed some light on this? Much appreciated.
I have the same letter, I don't think you need to worry, it says a month, but waiting 1.5 months shouldn't be cause for alarm. That email response looks just like some cookie-cutter reply they give out to everyone who emails them, so I don't think its because your file has some sort of issue. And you shouldn't have made any committments such as buying plane tickets until your wife gets the visa. Nothing's a guarantee until you get the visa, even if it says "Decision Made" on your eCAS. And also, their PPR even says that a passport request is NOT a guarantee you will get a visa, that they still have to do a final review.

M

mikeymyke

tulip5664 said:
What sort of documents are you referring? When my ecas changed to "in process", CIC returned our photos and requested police cert, remedical and passport. On 26 Sep, i got "decision made" and will be getting my passport back today. Do you mean there maybe a chance CIC may call for interview even if they issued COPR?
Sorry I don't mean documents, I meant the photos and other important stuff that was sent for the PR application and then subsequently returned.

No I was asking if it was a good sign that CIC returns your photos at the same time getting PPR. Because I've been seeing a lot of people lately, especially from Vietnam region, who get PPR, then get an interview letter, despite getting In Process. Both these cases, the applicant got their photos returned along with the interview letter included. I thought maybe if you got your photos returned w/o interview letter, and then get PPR that was a good sign perhaps?

Just hoping I don't get a last minute interview request like those other guys.

oferoo

May 22, 2014
Tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2014
LANDED..........
In December
mikeymyke said:
I have the same letter, I don't think you need to worry, it says a month, but waiting 1.5 months shouldn't be cause for alarm. That email response looks just like some cookie-cutter reply they give out to everyone who emails them, so I don't think its because your file has some sort of issue. And you shouldn't have made any committments such as buying plane tickets until your wife gets the visa. Nothing's a guarantee until you get the visa, even if it says "Decision Made" on your eCAS.
Thanks mate!

passgo88

Sep 11, 2012
mikeymyke said:
Sorry I don't mean documents, I meant the photos and other important stuff that was sent for the PR application and then subsequently returned.

No I was asking if it was a good sign that CIC returns your photos at the same time getting PPR. Because I've been seeing a lot of people lately, especially from Vietnam region, who get PPR, then get an interview letter, despite getting In Process. Both these cases, the applicant got their photos returned along with the interview letter included. I thought maybe if you got your photos returned w/o interview letter, and then get PPR that was a good sign perhaps?

Just hoping I don't get a last minute interview request like those other guys.

I am so worry after seeing this. I got PPR without returning any single photo and document :( Omg

M

mikeymyke

passgo88 said:
I am so worry after seeing this. I got PPR without returning any single photo and document :( Omg
Nah, I'm more worried about this. Same timeline as me haha

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/outland-sponsorship-vietnam-sudden-interview-request-t244612.0.html

M

mikeymyke

Oh one other thing I found out too, passago88, you can try this too.

If your ecas changes from In Process to Application Received, it means you got an interview for sure, because they're basically restarting your application.
If it changes to Decision Made, of course it means you're approved.

I just remembered that some of the folks who got interview after PPR, most of them said their ecas changed to App. Received before and/or after PPR.

jkt2can

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request : 24-01-2014 CSQ Done : 07-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
2nd : 13-08-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 04-10-2013, 2nd : 18-08-2014
Interview........
Waived, Alhamdulilah!
Passport Req..
In-Process : 11-08-2014, PPR : 14-08-2014 (by email), Passport submit : 26-08-2014, reached SVO : 27-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2014
LANDED..........
11 November 2014
tulip5664 said:
Finally received my passport with COPR!!! Wishing all will get good news soon!!!
Congratz tulip5664! Im hoping to get mine soon.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
mikeymyke said:
Oh one other thing I found out too, passago88, you can try this too.

If your ecas changes from In Process to Application Received, it means you got an interview for sure, because they're basically restarting your application.
If it changes to Decision Made, of course it means you're approved.

I just remembered that some of the folks who got interview after PPR, most of them said their ecas changed to App. Received before and/or after PPR.
Hey, this can happen, but is rare. You mustn't worry about a reversal ok? I do hope you had a wonderful time with your wife this past month. How was Banff?

As for us, passport has been in Singapore since monday and we finallly have our ECAS changed to IN Process. Date was Sep 24. Same day we received email about passport request I think. And yesterday, wife recieved a package...thinking it was passport already haha...but just photos and a weird checklist that i included. Wonder why they thought we want that checklist back... ::)

Anyways, we know passport will take some time. Hopefully we can all finish soon everyone.

Koifish76

passgo88

Sep 11, 2012
Koifish76 said:
Hey, this can happen, but is rare. You mustn't worry about a reversal ok? I do hope you had a wonderful time with your wife this past month. How was Banff?

As for us, passport has been in Singapore since monday and we finallly have our ECAS changed to IN Process. Date was Sep 24. Same day we received email about passport request I think. And yesterday, wife recieved a package...thinking it was passport already haha...but just photos and a weird checklist that i included. Wonder why they thought we want that checklist back... ::)

Anyways, we know passport will take some time. Hopefully we can all finish soon everyone.

Koifish76

Everyone get back the photos and documents after PPR but I got nothing except for PPR and ECAS changed to In Process. You know, it does worry me.

oferoo

May 22, 2014
Tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2014
LANDED..........
In December
Koifish76 said:
@Koifish76--Would you happen to know what's the average waiting time now to get the passport back from Singapore?