17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Audjgal said:
Hi Singapore VO applicants,
I looked at the spreadsheet but there was no column for Country of origin.
Are there any Singaporeans applying through the S'pore VO? How long does it take to land on average for a Singaporean going though the VO?
I applied through Inland and starting to seriously consider that maybe Singaporeans applying through the Singapore VO don't have to wait the 36 months on avg? Kinda like how US outlands are 6-7 months.
We did Inland as I was going to be here with my hubby through the process but I've been wondering if we made a huge mistake.
Discovered this forum only after we submitted app.
Audjgal
I don't know the average timeline for Singaporeans applying through the Singapore VO, as it doesn't seem that there are too many Singaporeans on this forum. But I do know that this guy is Singaporean:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/TTL-u398766.html

and he applied via the Singapore VO. As you can see, he submitted his application in April 2013, and got back his passport with visa sometime in May 2014, so his process lasted about 1 year and 1 month.

M

mikeymyke

Pay no attention to the 31 month processing time. It's not the avg time to finish an application. Look at my wife, she got passport request in just 5.5 months. Honestly I think you would've been better off applying outland.

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
mikeymyke said:
Pay no attention to the 31 month processing time. It's not the avg time to finish an application. Look at my wife, she got passport request in just 5.5 months. Honestly I think you would've been better off applying outland.
MikeyMike, it was only reading your situation with your wife that made me curious. 5.5 Months is unbelievable. Does that mean your wife will be landing shortly? How long after outland passport request does one normally get their COPR with passport back?

Seriously dammit dammit dammit.
Landed in 13 months for the other guy is incredible.
It'll be a year on Sept 23 2013 Inland AOR for me. Still no Inland Stage 1 processing for hubby and I don't know if I can handle waiting endlessly with no info from CIC. If other Singaporeans were getting landed in less than a year, I have some thinking to do.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
Audjgal said:
MikeyMike, it was only reading your situation with your wife that made me curious. 5.5 Months is unbelievable. Does that mean your wife will be landing shortly? How long after outland passport request does one normally get their COPR with passport back?

Seriously dammit dammit dammit.
Landed in 13 months for the other guy is incredible.
It'll be a year on Sept 23 2013 Inland AOR for me. Still no Inland Stage 1 processing for hubby and I don't know if I can handle waiting endlessly with no info from CIC. If other Singaporeans were getting landed in less than a year, I have some thinking to do.
Yeah MikeyMike's processing time is exceptionally fast, considering that the Singapore office has the 2nd longest processing time, hehehe...

The (Singaporean) other guy (his username is TTL -- just send him a private message to ask any questions) got pretty lucky too, as 13 months is pretty fast. My wife's process (from start to finish) took 15 months, because our forms and supporting documents got lost at the beginning, and we lost 2 months needlessly, so I think our processing time would've been around 13 months too if our documents didn't vanish into thin air.

MikeyMike's wife hasn't got the COPR and passport back, so I'll just tell you my wife's timeline...as you can see under my username, my wife got her passport request on 14 Feb. She sent her passport on 11 March, and it arrived at the SVO on 12 March, and got it back (with visa and COPR) on 16 May. So from passport request till getting her passport back, it took about 91 days.

I'll give you a little tip to make your timeline become a little faster (might not make too much difference....but whatever....the faster is still better right? ;)) So here it is: ***IF*** you get a re-medical request, the SVO might tell you to wait 6 weeks before submitting your passport. Well guess what....you don't really need to wait for the full 6 weeks.....what you should do is, a few days after the re-medical, check with your DMP's office about the status of your exam results. If it turns out that they've submitted the results online (through the e-medical system), then go ahead and submit your passport, along with the requested documents and photos. My wife waited for 4 weeks (instead of 6), and things went just fine... =)

mykhmer

Aug 30, 2014
Hi, sharing my wife timeline in Singapore,

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore (Cambodia)
App. Filed.......: March 21, 2014
AOR Received.: March 26, 2014 (got SA on June 19, 2014)
File Transfer...: June 19, 2014
AOR2: June 29, 2014
Med's Done....: January 26, 2014
Interview........: Waived
In Process: August 19, 2014,
PPR: August 27, 2014
VISA
Good luck...

M

mikeymyke

mykhmer said:
Hi, sharing my wife timeline in Singapore,

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore (Cambodia)
App. Filed.......: March 21, 2014
AOR Received.: March 26, 2014 (got SA on June 19, 2014)
File Transfer...: June 19, 2014
AOR2: June 29, 2014
Med's Done....: January 26, 2014
Interview........: Waived
In Process: August 19, 2014,
PPR: August 27, 2014
VISA
Good luck...
Hey that's awesome, your timeline is very similar to mine. Glad Singapore is really picking up the pace! I bet you have a strong application too right?

ttnguyen17

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
for those who are waiting for their visa from Singapore , did any one start looking for tickets except me?????
I was surprise how expensive it is to fly one way

synthesis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2013
AOR Received.
September 29, 2013
File Transfer...
October 18, 2013
Med's Request
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received med request on August 26th, 2014)
Med's Done....
August 27th, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received passport request on August 26th, 2014)- Moral of the story: Make sure Singapore gets your address right!! And When your status changes to "In Process" visit your post office ASAP!
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: September 25th, 2014; Visa Issued: October 12th, 2014
LANDED..........
February 7th, 2015 (God wiling)
ttnguyen17 said:
for those who are waiting for their visa from Singapore , did any one start looking for tickets except me?????
ttnguyen17 said:
Yes, my husband is looking at tickets right now. It seems like the prices greatly vary depending on where you are situated in the world, the airline company you want to fly and the time of year you are flying. Apparently booking flights from North America is cheaper..? (Would someone be able to confirm this?)

There are high and low seasons in booking flights: high season falls within vacation times (in reference to North America) i.e. July- early September (summer holidays), Late December to early January (Winter/ Christmas break) and Last two weeks of March (March break) refer to when prices are markedly higher due to more individuals and families using that time to travel for vacation and whatnot. Conversely, low seasons are when prices are much cheaper and those fall under all other times that are not vacation time i.e. January to March etc.

Arab airlines usually tend to be more expensive (i.e. Emirates, Turkey etc. but Emirates is our airline of choice, it's simply the best! :))

It's advisable to order the one way ticket from Canada (if possible) and order within the low seasons with a not so expensive airline. Do some research and you'll definitively find some very good deals. And remember, the prices fluctuate greatly (within hours sometimes!), just like booking hotel rooms, so check often as you can.

Hope this helps and Good Luck :)

synthesis~

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ttnguyen17 said:
I recommend that you compare prices of Cathay Pacific vs. Air Canada vs. Korean Air vs. Eva Air :)

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
synthesis said:
Apparently booking flights from North America is cheaper..? (Would someone be able to confirm this?)

Yup, totally agree!! NA to Asia > Asia to NA!! =/

I don't know if my hypothesis is right.....but: airlines pay what's called the "landing fee" to the airports they land at. For example, Toronto's Pearson airport allegedly has the highest landing fees in the world, so may be that's why it's very expensive to go to Toronto from Asia. Don't know about the landing fees of other North American airports, but prolly they're expensive too...

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
synthesis said:
Yes, my husband is looking at tickets right now. It seems like the prices greatly vary depending on where you are fluctuate greatly (within hours sometimes!), just like booking hotel rooms, so check often as you can.

Hope this helps and Good Luck :)

synthesis~

Hi Synthesis,

My spouse PP reached to SVO on Aug 27.

When did your spouse PP reach to SVO ?

Keep in touch as SVO return PP in batches.

Shaw

phuongbao03

Apr 23, 2014
Shaw said:
Hi Synthesis,

My spouse PP reached to SVO on Aug 27.

When did your spouse PP reach to SVO ?

Keep in touch as SVO return PP in batches.

Shaw
HI Shaw,
How do you know your pp reached to SVO on 27 Aug. Can you show me how to check it. THanks

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June, 2015
phuongbao03 said:
HI Shaw,
How do you know your pp reached to SVO on 27 Aug. Can you show me how to check it. THanks

I sent my PP and other documents through VFS, Dhaka and they gave me a tracking no.

When I put the tracking number and Date of birth in the Tracking search area in VFS/Dhaka website then they shows that my PP reached SVO on Aug 27.

You can try that way.

Shaw.

MK88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Dec-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
07-Jan-2014
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2014
Med's Request
15-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
16-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 ~Submitted 02-Mar-2015~
VISA ISSUED...
04-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
March 2015
Few days back I posted about how my status had changed online to "In process" and not received and mail from them as it been almost four weeks. Well I followed the good advisers here and contacted my mail office, and turns out there was no such mail there either. Then I emailed SVO to inquire if I had missed anything or if I should be expecting any sort of mail from them anytime soon. So today I got a reply from them and sure enough I should have been expecting something. They sent me an email right on the day my status changes to "In process" (August 11) on E-cas. And funny thing I didn't receive it. Well it's sure not funny when you find out that out of 60 days time period they give, you only have 30 days to comply. They asked me for a police certificate from 2 different countries. And I don't think 30 days will be enough to do this since it takes time. I am right on my toes and have started anything and everything I can do get them as soon as possible. But does anyone know if they can extend our time to submit our documents since we did not get the email on time? I am so over-stressed right now. Any help would be appreciated :)

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June, 2015
MK88 said:
Few days back I posted about how my status had changed online to "In process" and not received and mail from them as it been almost four weeks. Well I followed the good advisers here and contacted my mail office, and turns out there was no such mail there either. Then I emailed SVO to inquire if I had missed anything or if I should be expecting any sort of mail from them anytime soon. So today I got a reply from them and sure enough I should have been expecting something. They sent me an email right on the day my status changes to "In process" (August 11) on E-cas. And funny thing I didn't receive it. Well it's sure not funny when you find out that out of 60 days time period they give, you only have 30 days to comply. They asked me for a police certificate from 2 different countries. And I don't think 30 days will be enough to do this since it takes time. I am right on my toes and have started anything and everything I can do get them as soon as possible. But does anyone know if they can extend our time to submit our documents since we did not get the email on time? I am so over-stressed right now. Any help would be appreciated :)
Mk88,

They do not extend time.

Why not try to collect the Police clearences from both countries from today ?

Bangladesh Police clearence, we got it exactly in one week by bribing Tk 1500 when Police Inspector came for Inspection like others.

Wish you success. Try hard brother.

Shaw