+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

honeybeeLover

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Hi so i read the document that i should prepare before crossing the border is to fill in the B4 form (make it 2 copies). And there is also list of items that are arriving later which i dont think so i will be bringing any? Please guide me.. Ive just started looking at the documents preparation list look like so many listed.. ??? many thanks in advance!! :'(

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Dear Forum Members
Is there any one here sponsored their parents and the visa office is Singapore? please reply and send me a PM. Thanks
TO30

Maisha27

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
SOV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
23/05/2014 ,same day status change in SCV website
Med's Done....
17/06/2014
Passport Req..
23/05/2014 and Sumit at vsf office Dhaka 22.06.2014;decision made 18.08.2014
VISA ISSUED...
14.08.2014 ;
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah 10.09.2014
phuongbao03 said:
My appication is 'in process" on 23.05.14. After redo medical, sending passport & other required docs, i m said to wait for 30 working days for visa issuance (it s said in the letter I received on 23.05.14) but until now 30 working days have passed (I submitted to VFS on 03.07.14), I haven't received any information from SVO, my ecas is still "in process". I already sent email to MP but no reply. I am very worried :( , i dont know what happened to my case. Can you give me any advice. many thanks
It's ok my cic status change after 56 days so it's ok don't worry it will change soon insha-Allah

Maisha27

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
SOV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
17/06/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14.08.2014 ;
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah 10.09.2014
mikeymyke said:
Why did you book the flight before getting your passport back? PPR's are not a guarantee you get the visa, some people get interview requests even after PPR. This is assuming you booked the flight shortly after getting PPR, because I know you already have DM.
O my god plz don't give me any negative thought :( is their any possibility after decision made they reject the ppr visa ?????

M

mikeymyke

No of course not, if it's DM and they ask for passport, its almost certain you got a visa, but I'm just wondering why you even booked a flight to Canada without even getting the passport back with the visa.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Maisha27 said:
O my god plz don't give me any negative thought :( is their any possibility after decision made they reject the ppr visa ?????
Maisha,

You bet, you will get VISA. There would be no denial. Some cases background checks takes longer time. Look at the following email I got from Singapore visa Office :

" We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received, annual quota and the resources available to process them, can lead to longer processing times. Some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is received by the Singapore visa office. "

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
May 12, 2014 and Status Changed to "In Process"
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent via VFS on 14 Jun 2014
Looks like a bunch of ppl got a visa this month from Bangladesh. I am flying with my wife and mother in Sep. To save some money, BD people, fly after Sep 16. One way is too expensive now Dhaka to Canada. As an option, look for Cathay Pacific, Jet Airways, or Turkish. One way will be 71k to 80k. If anybody has a credit card, buy directly from the airline website. It can save you upto 5000 BDT over tickets sold at travel agencies.

I saved 13,000 takas for 3 tickets by buying directly on the website.

synthesis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2013
AOR Received.
September 29, 2013
File Transfer...
October 18, 2013
Med's Request
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received med request on August 26th, 2014)
Med's Done....
August 27th, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received passport request on August 26th, 2014)- Moral of the story: Make sure Singapore gets your address right!! And When your status changes to "In Process" visit your post office ASAP!
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: September 25th, 2014; Visa Issued: October 12th, 2014
LANDED..........
February 7th, 2015 (God wiling)
Hello Everyone,

I Just wanted share that I'm very pleased and happy to see progress in people's application process, which indicates Singapore is actually working towards completing and closing people's cases. It's great to hear :) Please do keep up the updates for us.

I have one concern that I hope someone can look into and provide an answer: Our status has changed to "In Process" on May 23, 2014. From what I've read here, the ruling consensus is that interviews are waived when one's status is changes to "In Process". Which means no further delay in our application process, and that's fantastic! :D However, I've also heard that once your status changes to "In Process" you should be hearing back from CIC with request for re-medical and passport within a month... But it has been precisely three months and my husband hasn't heard anything back yet... :( Those of you who've already gotten re-med and passport requests, did you get these requests by snail mail through your home country courier or specific Singapore courier (if it exists...) or by email or both? Why would they take so long if the interview has been waived? Can somebody please kindly tell what could possibly be happening...?

We are very worried and we really want this whole thing to be over and done with and be with each other at last. We want to start our life together!

I miss my husband so much and this waiting is really getting to us emotionally. As each day passes it's becoming excruciating and unbearable for us to be apart. We have so much things in plan and everything is halted because of this stupid waiting business, it's so frustrating, stressful and depression-inducing bullsh*t (sorry for the language, I'm just so tired of waiting.) I pray with all my heart that my husband will be with me here very soon and that all of you will be reunited with your significant ones soon as well inshallah.

Thanks for reading.

synthesis~

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June, 2015
synthesis said:
Hello Everyone,

I Just wanted share that I'm very pleased and happy to see progress in people's application process, which indicates Singapore is actually working towards completing and closing people's cases. It's great to hear :) Please do keep up the updates for us.

I'm just so tired of waiting.) I pray with all my heart that my husband will be with me here very soon and that all of you will be reunited with your significant ones soon as well inshallah.

Thanks for reading.

synthesis~

Hi Synthesis,

I am sure SVO issued a letter by end of May and sent by postal mail to the Applicant for Permanent Resident's mailing address ( as shown the mailing address of Applicant in Ecas ) to do re-medical within 1 month and submit all paperes to VFS within 2 months.

Many reasons you did not received the mail. They may in-correctly typed the address. They send the letter by registered mail and it has Singapore tracking no. You can enquire in your post office too.

So immediately the Applicant for Permanent Resident must send an email to the SVO that you did not received any mail since your application went into In Process and ask them to resend any mail by email to you, if they had already send it to you. Singapore email address is as follows:

Singapore-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Wish you luck.

Shaw

phuongbao03

Apr 23, 2014
Shaw said:
Maisha,

You bet, you will get VISA. There would be no denial. Some cases background checks takes longer time. Look at the following email I got from Singapore visa Office :

" We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received, annual quota and the resources available to process them, can lead to longer processing times. Some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is received by the Singapore visa office. "

hi alll,
I ve just received the email from SVO this morning after I sent them a email asking why my case is over 30 working days but not yet get a visa issuance. no good news yet
"Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

We are pleased to acknowledge that our office has received the documents referred to in your message below.

The application is now queued for review. Once the review has taken place, if any further documentation or information is required before a decision can be made on the application, our office will contact the applicants directly. Until the review has been completed, we will not be able to provide any further information. Please wait to be contacted by our office'

Maisha27

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
SOV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
17/06/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14.08.2014 ;
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah 10.09.2014
phuongbao03 said:
Shaw said:
Maisha,

hi alll,
I ve just received the email from SVO this morning after I sent them a email asking why my case is over 30 working days but not yet get a visa issuance. no good news yet
"Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

We are pleased to acknowledge that our office has received the documents referred to in your message below.

The application is now queued for review. Once the review has taken place, if any further documentation or information is required before a decision can be made on the application, our office will contact the applicants directly. Until the review has been completed, we will not be able to provide any further information. Please wait to be contacted by our office'
When u send mail to Svo because I also send them e-mail but no reply and are ur cic status change into decision made coz my one changed I week ago ......now waiting for my passport and bit frustrated coz it already 2month that I submitted my passport to them ....:(

phuongbao03

Apr 23, 2014
Maisha27 said:
When u send mail to Svo because I also send them e-mail but no reply and are ur cic status change into decision made coz my one changed I week ago ......now waiting for my passport and bit frustrated coz it already 2month that I submitted my passport to them ....:(
I sent the email on 22 aug & they replied this morning 25 Aug. My status is still 'in process', that is why I asked them. :-\

Maisha27

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
SOV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
17/06/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14.08.2014 ;
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah 10.09.2014
;( ;( don't worry my status also change after 57days !!

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Hi Jannatul Ferdousi,

we submitted PP at VFS on Aug 24.

When did you submitted your PP at VFS ?

Please keep posting about your development as we both submitted PP at the same time.

synthesis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2013
AOR Received.
September 29, 2013
File Transfer...
October 18, 2013
Med's Request
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received med request on August 26th, 2014)
Med's Done....
August 27th, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd, 2014 (but due to mailing complication that caused major delay, received passport request on August 26th, 2014)- Moral of the story: Make sure Singapore gets your address right!! And When your status changes to "In Process" visit your post office ASAP!
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: September 25th, 2014; Visa Issued: October 12th, 2014
LANDED..........
February 7th, 2015 (God wiling)
Shaw said:
Hi Synthesis,

I am sure SVO issued a letter by end of May and sent by postal mail to the Applicant for Permanent Resident's mailing address ( as shown the mailing address of Applicant in Ecas ) to do re-medical within 1 month and submit all paperes to VFS within 2 months.

Many reasons you did not received the mail. They may in-correctly typed the address. They send the letter by registered mail and it has Singapore tracking no. You can enquire in your post office too.

So immediately the Applicant for Permanent Resident must send an email to the SVO that you did not received any mail since your application went into In Process and ask them to resend any mail by email to you, if they had already send it to you. Singapore email address is as follows:

Wish you luck.

Shaw
Shaw said:
Hi Synthesis,

Wish you luck.

Shaw
Hi Shaw,

You were right! They did send out the documentation on May 23rd, 2014 but because they omitted the house number on the address, the mail has been going back and forth from our country to Singapore for the last three months and we had absolutely to clue!! The mail was sitting at the post office since two weeks from the day they resent it on August 7th, 2014! (The officer at the Singapore officd After your reply I asked my husband to check the post office and to his surprise it has been held there all along (without a house number they were not able to deliver it and Singapore office did not even provide my husband's telephone number on the address, which they have on file). And we have just wasted two and half months due this ridiculous mistake, serious lack of communication and incompetence on behalf of Singapore office :mad:) But thankfully my husband got his re-med/ police clearance and passport request in the mail yesterday after going to directly pick it up from the post office.

But now we are faced with another dilemma: it states on the letter that he needs to send all his documents to the Singapore office with 60 days of the date the letter was issued, which is originally May 23rd, 2014. If the documents do not reach Singapore within the 60 days then all the documentations might be rejected and cancelled. In our situation, it has been well over 60 days, so will they reject the documents my husband will be sending within the next few days? Or will they count from the day it was resent, which was August 7th, 2014? We are very worried about this issue. Please would you or anyone be able to clarify and shed some light into this situation and what will happen.

Thanks so very much!

synthesis~