05-12-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
27-11-2014
Passport Req..
Hope soon
K2014 said:
Svo received my file 17month,after 17month they send me a letter that I'm on the interview list,anyone can tell me how long I have to wait for final interview date nd what I need to do now plz help me.
Hi K2014! Share with you about sad news of interview letter. Normally, your letter was mentioned waiting time for interview date is within 24 months. Do you have that information? I also received interview letter when my application reached 14 months, I think you and me applied same time. My letter did not mention waiting time, just wait. Do you same me?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
hoahager said:
Hi K2014! Share with you about sad news of interview letter. Normally, your letter was mentioned waiting time for interview date is within 24 months. Do you have that information? I also received interview letter when my application reached 14 months, I think you and me applied same time. My letter did not mention waiting time, just wait. Do you same me?
What are the main reasons calling for an interview?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hasan9999 said:
What are the main reasons calling for an interview?
Interviews are generally required to ensure that the applicant is who (and what) he is. One of the top reason for calling for an interview is, the immigration officer may have some doubts about the application OR he wants to confirm the applicant is true.

Also they want to check:

- genuine applicant or not.
- language ability.
- educational qualifications.
- ability to perform job duties of your occupation.
- resourcefulness (enough funds) and motivation to successfully establish yourself in Canada.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
The main reason of the interview is due to the specific visa officer having doubts about whether the relationship/marriage is genuine. This is what I have read on here countless times. Also, If the officer thinks even in the slightest sense, that marriage was entered to aquire stautus in Canada, or that there are some discrepancies in the answers by the applicant, or something that turned up in a background check, or a lack of concrete evidence, various red flags, etc. these are all some other reasons, plus the ones mentioned by above poster.

In my opinion, the interview is your last chance to bring forward documents, more evidence, to change the visa officer's mind that the relationship is genuine and continuing and not performed for the purpose of gaining status in Canada.

Here is an excerpt from a case that was denied an appeal. Note there was an interview conducted before the appeal.

"In assessing the genuineness of a marriage, the Immigration Appeal Division usually considers a broad range of factors including, but not limited to, how the couple met and how the relationship evolved, the duration of the relationship and the amount of time spent together prior to the wedding, the nature of the engagement and/or wedding ceremony, the intent of the parties to the marriage, the evidence of ongoing contact and communication before and after the marriage, the spouses’ conduct after the wedding, the level of knowledge of each other’s relationship histories, the provision of financial support, the partners’ families’ knowledge of and involvement in the relationship, the knowledge of and contact with extended families of the parties, the level of knowledge about each other’s daily lives, and plans and arrangements for the future. The factors are not exhaustive and the weight assigned to them will vary according to the circumstances of each case."

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2006/2006canlii52350/2006canlii52350.html

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
iamroth said:
Interviews are generally required to ensure that the applicant is who (and what) he is. One of the top reason for calling for an interview is, the immigration officer may have some doubts about the application OR he wants to confirm the applicant is true.

Also they want to check:

- genuine applicant or not.
- language ability.
- educational qualifications.
- ability to perform job duties of your occupation.
- resourcefulness (enough funds) and motivation to successfully establish yourself in Canada.
I actually think your reasons are more for a skilled worker class application. Have not heard of an interview for family class being interviewed for the reasons you have listed (2,3,4,5). I could be wrong and would like to know where you found that information.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
The referred case had the following straight forward conclusions:

[27] When all of the evidence is considered in its entirety, the Panel concludes that, on a balance of probabilities, the marriage is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring a status in Canada.

[28] Accordingly, the applicant is excluded as a member of the family class on the basis of section 4 of the Regulations and is not the appellant’s spouse for the purposes of Canadian immigration law.

[29] The appeal is dismissed.

Before the conclusions, the panel also put the following observations:

[26] There were positive elements in support of the appellant’s case. There was evidence of money transfers and a gift sent to the applicant.[12] Also, during the hearing, the applicant’s knowledge of the appellant’s daily life was reasonable and consistent with the testimony of the appellant. The Panel has considered these elements. However, they are outweighed by the difficulties in the evidence which lead the Panel to conclude that the intent of the parties in entering into the marriage was for the applicant to acquire a status in Canada.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Hasan9999 said:
The referred case had the following straight forward conclusions:

[27] When all of the evidence is considered in its entirety, the Panel concludes that, on a balance of probabilities, the marriage is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring a status in Canada.

[28] Accordingly, the applicant is excluded as a member of the family class on the basis of section 4 of the Regulations and is not the appellant's spouse for the purposes of Canadian immigration law.

[29] The appeal is dismissed.

Before the conclusions, the panel also put the following observations:

[26] There were positive elements in support of the appellant's case. There was evidence of money transfers and a gift sent to the applicant.[12] Also, during the hearing, the applicant's knowledge of the appellant's daily life was reasonable and consistent with the testimony of the appellant. The Panel has considered these elements. However, they are outweighed by the difficulties in the evidence which lead the Panel to conclude that the intent of the parties in entering into the marriage was for the applicant to acquire a status in Canada.
I posted the link so others could get an idea what goes on in the visa officer's mind. Each case will be different. If there are doubts, there will most likely be an interview, especially from the Singapore Visa Office.

While my wife and I were gathering documents and evidence, we always tried to include hard proof for each and every statement we made, no matter how small it seemed. The downside to this of course, was the fact we forgot about using updated forms. :-\

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Koifish76 said:
I posted the link so others could get an idea what goes on in the visa officer's mind. Each case will be different. If there are doubts, there will most likely be an interview, especially from the Singapore Visa Office.

While my wife and I were gathering documents and evidence, we always tried to include hard proof for each and every statement we made, no matter how small it seemed. The downside to this of course, was the fact we forgot about using updated forms. :-\
Yes the catch is submit enough relevant documents in logical sequence keeping all points transparent and absolutely clear between sponsor and the applicant leaving zero ambiguity for the visa officer to avoid most time consuming interview.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Koifish76 said:
I actually think your reasons are more for a skilled worker class application. Have not heard of an interview for family class being interviewed for the reasons you have listed (2,3,4,5). I could be wrong and would like to know where you found that information.
True mainly I was thinking about skilled worker interviews.

benstu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
File Transfer...
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
01-05-2012, re-med: 05-2014
Interview........
Letter:15-12-2012, Interview 04-2014
Passport Req..
25-05-2014, Submit Jun 4th through VFS DHAKA
VISA ISSUED...
July 4,2014
LANDED..........
Aug 3,2014
They put you in the interview list as soon as they doubt the integrity of the marriage.
They absolutely do not care about employment status or education, the family department officers are only bothered about the relationship between the sponsor and applicant and the evidence you provide.

We were in the interview list. The interviewers said to my spouse, that everything on the application was okay. They put us through the interview queue because our wedding photos looked much younger than our age(and THATS WHAT THEY DOUBTED!!!). I only work a part time job here and never sent money back home except for gifts during the application process. They never even bothered about what I make here. Just asked which company I work for and questions about how well she knows my habits etc etc.
Like that's something to make us wait 14 months longer for the interview process. :mad:

iamroth said:
True mainly I was thinking about skilled worker interviews.

Toronto12345

May 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
18-12-2013
File Transfer...
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
passport sent to svo on 22/06/14. Decision Made 25/07/2014. Passport picked up 12/08/2014
LANDED..........
Sometime in September
I have received a reply for my email from Singapore regarding status of my wifes immigration.

This refers to your application for a Permanent Resident Visa in Canada.

We have send a letter on 23May2014 requesting for :

- IMM 5669 Schedule A
- Four (4) passport-sized photos
- Passport

My wife received envelope from singapore with all our photos back and the IMM 5669 form.

Should I wait for the letter by mail to come to Toronto or should i proceed with the forms and passport with photos via VFS in Dhaka. Please let me know. Thanks

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Toronto12345 said:
I have received a reply for my email from Singapore regarding status of my wifes immigration.

This refers to your application for a Permanent Resident Visa in Canada.

We have send a letter on 23May2014 requesting for :

- IMM 5669 Schedule A
- Four (4) passport-sized photos
- Passport

My wife received envelope from singapore with all our photos back and the IMM 5669 form.

Should I wait for the letter by mail to come to Toronto or should i proceed with the forms and passport with photos via VFS in Dhaka. Please let me know. Thanks

Hmmm...according to my understanding:

- You're the sponsor
- You are in Toronto
- Your wife is the sponsored person and resides in Bangladesh

Am I correct?

If that's the case, I don't think you're gonna get anything mailed to you in Toronto. When the SVO told you that they've sent you a letter on 23 May, that means that they sent it to your wife in Bangladesh, and since your wife is the applicant, she's the one who's supposed to complete IMM 5669, send the 4 photos, and send her passport to Singapore. In fact as the sponsor, you don't need to complete any forms whatsoever at this stage (at least based on the information you provided.)

Toronto12345

May 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
18-12-2013
File Transfer...
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
passport sent to svo on 22/06/14. Decision Made 25/07/2014. Passport picked up 12/08/2014
LANDED..........
Sometime in September
fandv said:
Hmmm...according to my understanding:

- You're the sponsor
- You are in Toronto
- Your wife is the sponsored person and resides in Bangladesh

Am I correct?

If that's the case, I don't think you're gonna get anything mailed to you in Toronto. When the SVO told you that they've sent you a letter on 23 May, that means that they sent it to your wife in Bangladesh, and since your wife is the applicant, she's the one who's supposed to complete IMM 5669, send the 4 photos, and send her passport to Singapore. In fact as the sponsor, you don't need to complete any forms whatsoever at this stage (at least based on the information you provided.)
Yes you are correct. I got to see the letter properly. Guess she needs to send the form, photos and passport. Thanks for the help

Believe_Miracles

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
God Willing Soon
LANDED..........
God Willing!!
Re: Singapore timeline Need some advice !?!?

Hey guys I was pondering a few things and need a bit of advice...i know a lot of you have gone through the process and are in the process and awaiting just like me... Iv mentioned before about my background the marriage etc.

I was just wondering if the visa officer in my case would like more proof on the "intent to re-establish in Canada " would they put my fapplication on "hold"? and would that lead to an undue delay?

Also I was wondering the main issue with my application (though this is from my eyes *sigh*) Is that im living with my spouse here for the past 1.5 years(2 come october), before that I was studying in India and going to Canada only on the holidays. I dont have a mortage or lease of my own ofcourse and i had planned on staying with my parents until i settle and in and know where i will be taking up my masters etc.

Does anyone know if they would put us on an interview que? if i remain with my husband in malaysia to awaite the PR?As most ppl here I RLY RLY RLY WANA AVOID and interview because iv dated my husband for 7 years engaged for 1 married for 1.5 (2 in octb) And being apart was just to hard so i decided to stay.

Would it be more advisable at this point to go back to canada and start to re-establish while i waite for my husband?
Should I fix a date buy plane tickets find a rental ship my things etc and send all of this ?

Any help or advice would be great.
Praying for good news for all of us wat ever stage we are in this application?

p.s isnt there a requirement that we have to remain in canada for 2 years out of 5 so i dont know y anyone would undergo this process if theres no intent to settle in Canada.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Re: Singapore timeline Need some advice !?!?

Believe_Miracles said:
Hey guys I was pondering a few things and need a bit of advice...i know a lot of you have gone through the process and are in the process and awaiting just like me... Iv mentioned before about my background the marriage etc.

I was just wondering if the visa officer in my case would like more proof on the "intent to re-establish in Canada " would they put my fapplication on "hold"? and would that lead to an undue delay?

Also I was wondering the main issue with my application (though this is from my eyes *sigh*) Is that im living with my spouse here for the past 1.5 years(2 come october), before that I was studying in India and going to Canada only on the holidays. I dont have a mortage or lease of my own ofcourse and i had planned on staying with my parents until i settle and in and know where i will be taking up my masters etc.

Does anyone know if they would put us on an interview que? if i remain with my husband in malaysia to awaite the PR?As most ppl here I RLY RLY RLY WANA AVOID and interview because iv dated my husband for 7 years engaged for 1 married for 1.5 (2 in octb) And being apart was just to hard so i decided to stay.

Would it be more advisable at this point to go back to canada and start to re-establish while i waite for my husband?
Should I fix a date buy plane tickets find a rental ship my things etc and send all of this ?

Any help or advice would be great.
Praying for good news for all of us wat ever stage we are in this application?

p.s isnt there a requirement that we have to remain in canada for 2 years out of 5 so i dont know y anyone would undergo this process if theres no intent to settle in Canada.
I may not have the best advice, but as far as I'm concerned, additional documents would not delay the process. Can't advise you to move or whatnot, but it can't hurt to include more proof that your intent is to settle in Canada. Order caips. You will see a bfd ? Bring forward date. You do have time to make your application stronger before they would even request anything. Normally they ask for more before putting you on the interview list. After that point, no more documents will be accepted.

As for your last remark, I read a case of a family of 4, with 2 young children, who got PR, landed, then immediately went back to their home country a few weeks later where they spent most of their 5 years there( and lied about their time i. canada) Reasons are many... It could be for Health, education, free travel (no more paying for visas), birth of a child, etc
In their case, by the time they applied for Citizenship years later, one of the family members was enrolled at a good canadian university. It wasn't until a few years after that, Canada found proof of them lying, about their intent and also them lying about the required days to remain in Canada. By this time, one of the children had already graduated.

Cases like this may make you shake your head and be disgusted, but in reality, it is more common then we think.