17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
royalbd said:
Our mailing address is Canada. I don't if that delays the process or anything else.
That may very well be the reason why you haven't got your PPR yet. Afterall Canada is pretty far from Singapore....which means more time for the PPR letter to travel. My wife's PPR letter arrived 9 days after the letter was sent from Singapore, and she lives in Indonesia, which is literally next to Singapore. Imagine how long it takes from Singapore to Canada then... :).
Well, just give it 1 to 2 more weeks....and let us know how it goes...

royalbd

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6, 2013
File Transfer...
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013 , Again remedical request 6 Feb, 2014
Interview........
No
VISA ISSUED...
21 May, 2013
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Thanks Fandv..yea, lets see..Will let u guys know..

fandv said:
That may very well be the reason why you haven't got your PPR yet. Afterall Canada is pretty far from Singapore....which means more time for the PPR letter to travel. My wife's PPR letter arrived 9 days after the letter was sent from Singapore, and she lives in Indonesia, which is literally next to Singapore. Imagine how long it takes from Singapore to Canada then... :).
Well, just give it 1 to 2 more weeks....and let us know how it goes...

pzbond

Jan 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
06-05-2013
Med's Request
10-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014 Ecas to In-Process same day, Decision Made 2-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-4-2104, Recieved via Registered Post 5-5-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-14
royalbd said:
We've recieved re-medical request on 6th Feb and completed Medical test on 8th. Online status went in to "in process" -

But there's no sign of PPR..Was watching members here, who got re-med by that time, have received ppr already. Our mailing address is Canada. I don't know if that delays the process or anything else.

Wondering if any folk went through this?
No request for police clearance?

royalbd

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6, 2013
File Transfer...
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013 , Again remedical request 6 Feb, 2014
Interview........
No
VISA ISSUED...
21 May, 2013
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
No..that kind of worries me..You never know whr run into with this delayed processing model..
pzbond said:
No request for police clearance?

mskenned

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
LANDED..........
15-04-2014
Fortune89 said:
My Wife's ECAS status also changed. Please see below:

We received application for permanent residence on March 13, 2013.
We started processing application on February 14, 2014.
Medical results have been received.

But she did not received any e-mail for re-medical. Not sure how long she has to wait for re-med. We will be glad if she does not need re-med or new police clearance. Interestingly her Medical expired on February 13. Just a day before her status changed to In Progress.

canoyon: Did you or your spouse received any re-med or PPR request?

Who else in the forum has status changed to In Progress in ECAS but didn't receive any re-med or PPR request yet?
My wife's status also changed to In Process. She hasn't received anything yet. Her status changed on February 11. So, there has been no re-med or police check. However, these two things are not set to expire until the middle of April. So, hopefully we hear back before then and avoid all the nonsense.

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
To those who have met the MP regarding their immigration file in Singapore;
My wife is going to meet MP to ask him about my file in Singapore, I would really appreciate those who advice me some information;
How did you get an appointment with MP?
Is there any document that we have to provide in the meeting?
What was your overall experience with MP ?
Was it helpful?
Thanks in advance

pzbond

Jan 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
06-05-2013
Med's Request
10-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014 Ecas to In-Process same day, Decision Made 2-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-4-2104, Recieved via Registered Post 5-5-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-14
Recieved a registered mail on the 10th but wasn't at home so I had to collect the mail from the post office. Did so today and to my surprise there was a maple leaf on the envelope with the words High Commission of Canada! Ripped it apart and found that SVO has sent me a request for remeds, police certificate, 4 passport size photos and most importantly request for passport. Wow! I thought the request would come separately so it was a really nice surprise. Inside was also my photographs that I had submitted during the application process.

So my guess is if you have not recieved any news yet, it should be coming real soon and may all be in one big package :)

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
Davidsuchet said:
To those who have met the MP regarding their immigration file in Singapore;
My wife is going to meet MP to ask him about my file in Singapore, I would really appreciate those who advice me some information;
How did you get an appointment with MP?
Is there any document that we have to provide in the meeting?
What was your overall experience with MP ?
Was it helpful?
Thanks in advance
Hi David,

Here's what your wife needs to do:

1. Go to http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

2. Plug in her Canadian postal code

She'll then see the name of the MP that's responsible for handling her local area, along with the MP's contact info and possibly website. So just write an email to the MP, and make a phone call as well to schedule an appointment.

Very likely your wife won't get to see the MP in person though. Most likely your wife will meet his/her secretary.

Re: documents. Depends on your case and necessity. The MP's office won't ask your wife to bring anything (I didn't have to when I went to an MP's office), but your wife is free to bring any documentations that you guys think may help to support whatever your case is.

What happened to me was that I didn't receive the AOR that I expected to receive from CPC-M, even past the normal processing time. I started to get really worried, and I was clueless as to what happened. My 6th sense told me that something must've gone wrong. Then I decided to contact my local MP's office, and sure enough within about 2 weeks I got a call from an officer at CPC-M who told me that the sponsor's forms mysteriously disappeared (but the relationship proofs arrived at CPC-M just fine).

I don't know whether that officer's call was the result of my MP's secretary's intervention, or whether it was just a coincidence that the officer called me shortly after I contacted the MP's office. Btw I never even came to the MP's office. All communications between me and the MP's secretary were made through emails and phone calls.

Well I guess asking your MP for help can't hurt. You've got nothing to lose....afterall they don't charge you any fees...

What do you need help with anyway? Are you guys just trying to find out the progress of your application?

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
pzbond said:
Recieved a registered mail on the 10th but wasn't at home so I had to collect the mail from the post office. Did so today and to my surprise there was a maple leaf on the envelope with the words High Commission of Canada! Ripped it apart and found that SVO has sent me a request for remeds, police certificate, 4 passport size photos and most importantly request for passport. Wow! I thought the request would come separately so it was a really nice surprise. Inside was also my photographs that I had submitted during the application process.

So my guess is if you have not recieved any news yet, it should be coming real soon and may all be in one big package :)
Almost similar and different story for my wife. SVO did not send e-mail for re-medical to her but sent the registered mail at home address. But there was a typo at the address. House number was incorrect. Postman had a hard time to find the right place to deliver the mail. SVO issued the letter on 5th Feb but she received it today on Feb 18th. Thanks to Almighty because address was incorrect. Also thanks to the postman for doing the favor by finding the right person to deliver the mail. Here comes the good news. Mail also includes instruction to send the passport, Completed "Appendix C" and 4 copy of recent picture after 4 weeks of completing re-med(Only Chest X-Ray). There was no request to send new Police clearance. Hope and pray rest of the process will go smoothly :D

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Fortune89 said:
There was no request to send new Police clearance.
It's advisable that you still get the new police clearance anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Take a look at this guy's post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.0.html;msg2506291#msg2506291

His wife is from Bangladesh and her PPR letter didn't ask for an updated police clearance. And finally she sent the passport along with the required documents. And guess what, 2 days after she had sent the passport to Singapore, an email came from Singapore, asking for an updated police clearance. Urghhh........

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
fandv said:
It's advisable that you still get the new police clearance anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Take a look at this guy's post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.0.html;msg2506291#msg2506291

His wife is from Bangladesh and her PPR letter didn't ask for an updated police clearance. And finally she sent the passport along with the required documents. And guess what, 2 days after she had sent the passport to Singapore, an email came from Singapore, asking for an updated police clearance. Urghhh........
Thanks for your advise. You are right. We better have one available in case they ask for it at the 11th hour.

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
fandv said:
Hi David,

Here's what your wife needs to do:

1. Go to http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

2. Plug in her Canadian postal code

She'll then see the name of the MP that's responsible for handling her local area, along with the MP's contact info and possibly website. So just write an email to the MP, and make a phone call as well to schedule an appointment.

Very likely your wife won't get to see the MP in person though. Most likely your wife will meet his/her secretary.

Re: documents. Depends on your case and necessity. The MP's office won't ask your wife to bring anything (I didn't have to when I went to an MP's office), but your wife is free to bring any documentations that you guys think may help to support whatever your case is.

What happened to me was that I didn't receive the AOR that I expected to receive from CPC-M, even past the normal processing time. I started to get really worried, and I was clueless as to what happened. My 6th sense told me that something must've gone wrong. Then I decided to contact my local MP's office, and sure enough within about 2 weeks I got a call from an officer at CPC-M who told me that the sponsor's forms mysteriously disappeared (but the relationship proofs arrived at CPC-M just fine).

I don't know whether that officer's call was the result of my MP's secretary's intervention, or whether it was just a coincidence that the officer called me shortly after I contacted the MP's office. Btw I never even came to the MP's office. All communications between me and the MP's secretary were made through emails and phone calls.

Well I guess asking your MP for help can't hurt. You've got nothing to lose....afterall they don't charge you any fees...

What do you need help with anyway? Are you guys just trying to find out the progress of your application?
Hi Fandv:
Thanks for the informative response, the officer responsible for my application in Singapore has the longest processing time on files. Many files seat on his desk for up to 15 months untouched. We thought calling to MP may speed up the process on this particular officer. Worth a shot!

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
Just Checked online today my wifes application has a decision I'm hoping everything is ++++ started May 2013 hoping this horrible experience is behind us now

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Davidsuchet said:
Hi Fandv:
Thanks for the informative response, the officer responsible for my application in Singapore has the longest processing time on files. Many files seat on his desk for up to 15 months untouched. We thought calling to MP may speed up the process on this particular officer. Worth a shot!
You're welcome....always nice to help each other ;).

How do you know who your processing officer is? Did you order GCMS?

Have you got the re-medical request? And what about PPR?

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
fandv said:
You're welcome....always nice to help each other ;).

How do you know who your processing officer is? Did you order GCMS?

Have you got the re-medical request? And what about PPR?
I ordered the GCMS in October 2013, All the note was positive except the officer AG00894. No I have not received any request for remedial and my ecase still shows ''Application received'' . hope to see some changes soon. Based on my research regarding this officer, he has 6-12 months delay compare to others.