ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Alittlewave said:
Congrats diyabrar! My ecas is still "application received" but seeing your good news gives me some hope!
Can you update your profile timeline?

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
diyabrar said:
ecas "in process" after almost 20 months.
Waooooo...congras diyabrar....I am really happy for u....

sama2012

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Med's Done....
1st on April 2012 & 2nd on July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Interview........
Waived & file status "IN PROCESS" in July 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
diyabrar said:
Congrats diyabrar. Happy for you. Hope you will get PPR soon.

One question, Did SVO ask re-med or police clearance?

tuntuni

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 march 2013
AOR Received.
17th april 2013
File Transfer...
17th april
Med's Request
february 6th
Med's Done....
20th january
Passport Req..
feb 11th and sent and recieved on march 6th by SVO decision made april 25th :D PASSPORT DISPATCHED 19TH MAY
diyabrar said:
congratulation finally sumthing is getting done :D

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2013, sent and accepted in Singapore January 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here. I am a Canadian, sponsoring my wife from Indonesia. We were married in Canada and our 5-year-old daughter is a Canadian citizen.

Anyway, we submitted our application at the end of December 2012. My wife received an email that our application had been received by CIC from Singapore on Feb. 8 2013. On Ecas, it shows that her application has been received since January 31, 2012, and I've been checking it since then every Tuesday, feeling disappointed each time it doesn't change, but oh well, I'm not fully going crazy (yet).

I just realised from reading this forum again that most sponsors receive a letter or email confirming that they have been approved as a sponsor before the file goes off to Singapore, and that the letter gives the sponsor's UCI for checking on ecas and other correspondence. I never received this and have no idea what my UCI is as a sponsor. I've tried logging in with my wife's application number and my info, but it shows that the account doesn't exist.

Did everyone get a sponsor approval letter? The mail here is very bad and letters often don't arrive or come months late. Did you get an email? Do you guys have any idea how I can see my own info in ecas, or how I can get my UCI?

Finally, would you order GCMS notes at this stage? We still have 9 months before I need to go back to Canada, which is very lucky, but we still are making many plans now.

Thanks for all of your input in advance. I wish all of you the best of luck with this frustrating process and look forward to your replies. Even if you take a month to answer, it will be faster than the Singapore office.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Cangguru said:
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here. I am a Canadian, sponsoring my wife from Indonesia. We were married in Canada and our 5-year-old daughter is a Canadian citizen.

Anyway, we submitted our application at the end of December 2012. My wife received an email that our application had been received by CIC from Singapore on Feb. 8 2013. On Ecas, it shows that her application has been received since January 31, 2012, and I've been checking it since then every Tuesday, feeling disappointed each time it doesn't change, but oh well, I'm not fully going crazy (yet).

I just realised from reading this forum again that most sponsors receive a letter or email confirming that they have been approved as a sponsor before the file goes off to Singapore, and that the letter gives the sponsor's UCI for checking on ecas and other correspondence. I never received this and have no idea what my UCI is as a sponsor. I've tried logging in with my wife's application number and my info, but it shows that the account doesn't exist.

Did everyone get a sponsor approval letter? The mail here is very bad and letters often don't arrive or come months late. Did you get an email? Do you guys have any idea how I can see my own info in ecas, or how I can get my UCI?

Finally, would you order GCMS notes at this stage? We still have 9 months before I need to go back to Canada, which is very lucky, but we still are making many plans now.

Thanks for all of your input in advance. I wish all of you the best of luck with this frustrating process and look forward to your replies. Even if you take a month to answer, it will be faster than the Singapore office.
Hello Cangguru and welcome to the Singapore thread
We are also December 2012 applicants :)
it is unusual that you didn't receive the letter/email from CIC-M stating you were approved as sponsor.
It is usually the opposite, the sponsor is notified and the applicant doesn't receive anything indicating that the VO abroad has rec'd the application.
No worries about not having a UCI for yourself as the information when you log in using either UCI is pretty much the same... except on the applicants ECAS it doesn't show the sponsors information... And you know you were approved as sponsor since the file went to Singapore :)
I think you should order your GCMS notes... we have 3 sets of notes already and have ordered another set since ECAS shows in process!
Good luck

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
Thanks for the welcome and helpful response cdnmom. It puts my mind more at ease, although I am confused about the lack of letter and UCI. I'll try sending off some emails and wait for info, and look for some online sites for GCMS notes, since I don't want to bug family in Canada too much yet. I guess we can both see how our progress goes since we have similar start dates. Good luck to both of us!

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Cangguru said:
Thanks for the welcome and helpful response cdnmom. It puts my mind more at ease, although I am confused about the lack of letter and UCI. I'll try sending off some emails and wait for info, and look for some online sites for GCMS notes, since I don't want to bug family in Canada too much yet. I guess we can both see how our progress goes since we have similar start dates. Good luck to both of us!
Here is the link to order the notes
If you are a Canadian Citizen you can order them from outside the country
You are requesting the notes for your wife and she will need to sign the consent form
It costs $5 and request the electronic files... much quicker

There is also a December thread that you might be interested in
There are 3 or 4 of us on that thread going through Singapore

DAS SS

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
12 feb, 2014. sent 20 feb, 2014
thanh245 said:
I got this in my GCMS notes:
Text: Ommissions: Lack of biodata (name and DOB) on PA's passport-sized photos
Did anyone write anything on the back of the 5 photos they submitted? been trying to find any info. online but cant find anything.
I guess i have to send another 5 photos. but should i just write on the back of one photo? what exactly is the photo requirements? Can anyone please explain. I want to do it correctly this time. What exactly do I need to write in the back of the photos....im sponsoring my wife from Vietnam.

Can anybody tell me What exactly you are supposed to write on the back of the passport sized pictures? Photo specifications does not tell anything about having any kind of date, name, signature etc. on the back of the passport sized pictures.

Thanks.

Nazmus

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-07-2013
Med's Request
08-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2014
LANDED..........
24-09-2014
DAS SS said:
Can anybody tell me What exactly you are supposed to write on the back of the passport sized pictures? Photo specifications does not tell anything about having any kind of date, name, signature etc. on the back of the passport sized pictures.

Thanks.
I personally had my pics stamped by the Photo Studio. Also I wrote the Full name at the back, so they know whose picture it is.

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
Nazmus said:
I personally had my pics stamped by the Photo Studio. Also I wrote the Full name at the back, so they know whose picture it is.
I did the same thing as well...stamped, my name and date of birth ...

DAS SS

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
12 feb, 2014. sent 20 feb, 2014
mhmh said:
I did the same thing as well...stamped, my name and date of birth ...
Was there any date when the picture was taken? what was stamped?

Thanks.

Rosindo

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20th, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 20th, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 15th, 2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
26 February 2014. Passport arrived in Singapore 26 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 28th, 2014. Decision Made on e-CAS June 6th 2014.
Cangguru said:

Hi Cangguru,

I'm also Indonesian sponsored by my husband. We also had the similar problem, applied since Nov '12, I received email from CIC that they have received my application on December 2012. No other info since. We kept waiting and checked e-cas every week, until September 10th, 2013, when my husband made a call to CIC call centre. It took about 20 minutes until somebody finally answer. Turns out they hadn't touch my husband application as a sponsor. Less than 24 hour after the call, my husband received an email from CIC with UCI and Application number stating that he is eligible to sponsor me. After that, our fate is in Singapore VO.
You could try the same thing as my husband did, phone the CIC call centre. I don't know if the same phone number works for Canadian overseas but you probably ask somebody in Canada to represent you.

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
DAS SS said:
Was there any date when the picture was taken? what was stamped?

Thanks.
Yes date was included with stamped by photo shop.but I think stamp and date is not mandatory..just need applicant's name and DOB.

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
Rosindo said:
Hi Cangguru,

I'm also Indonesian sponsored by my husband. We also had the similar problem, applied since Nov '12, I received email from CIC that they have received my application on December 2012. No other info since. We kept waiting and checked e-cas every week, until September 10th, 2013, when my husband made a call to CIC call centre. It took about 20 minutes until somebody finally answer. Turns out they hadn't touch my husband application as a sponsor. Less than 24 hour after the call, my husband received an email from CIC with UCI and Application number stating that he is eligible to sponsor me. After that, our fate is in Singapore VO.
You could try the same thing as my husband did, phone the CIC call centre. I don't know if the same phone number works for Canadian overseas but you probably ask somebody in Canada to represent you.
Heya Rosindo! Before your husband called and was approved, did you have a UCI and an account on ecas? Cdnmom, who has been very helpful, suggested that if my wife is already on ecas and has a UCI, it means that I have already been approved as a sponsor, and other threads seem to indicate that too, but I am not 100% sure, so I'm a bit worried. My family has tried to call the CIC line on my behalf but has had trouble and they make it clear that they do not want overseas calls. I'll try to ask them to call again though.

Anyway, best of luck to you and hope the weather is nice where you are. Here in Bali it has been raining all day.