Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-2013
File Transfer...
06-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
Latest news on the strike... still no proper conclusions... :eek: ???

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/09/13/pol-public-foreign-service-workers.html

redhunter

May 19, 2013
hi everybody,

i've been following this forum for a while now. There are a lots of interesting things in here, some are goods, and a lots are bad news (espescially the timelime, strike, failed interview...).

Anyways, here's an update for my case if you guys want to know.

My wife's interview is schedule for october 24th, right after both our birthday. (mine is october 17th and her's october 22nd).

now, everyday is like living hell cause my story is a lot like tayco, and if they failed their interview, i'm afraid we are going to fail too. So maybe, i should stop looking at this forum, unless anyone have good news to share. I'm really stressing my life right now.

Any advice on how to prepare for this interview, or any news of passe interview will be welcome.

benstu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
File Transfer...
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
01-05-2012, re-med: 05-2014
Interview........
Letter:15-12-2012, Interview 04-2014
Passport Req..
25-05-2014, Submit Jun 4th through VFS DHAKA
VISA ISSUED...
July 4,2014
LANDED..........
Aug 3,2014
Best of luck redhunter.
Don't worry about the interview. It will go well. Just tell your wife to be natural and know every little thing about you and answer confidently.

May I ask where you are from?

redhunter said:
hi everybody,

i've been following this forum for a while now. There are a lots of interesting things in here, some are goods, and a lots are bad news (espescially the timelime, strike, failed interview...).

My wife's interview is schedule for october 24th, right after both our birthday. (mine is october 17th and her's october 22nd).

now, everyday is like living hell cause my story is a lot like tayco, and if they failed their interview, i'm afraid we are going to fail too. So maybe, i should stop looking at this forum, unless anyone have good news to share. I'm really stressing my life right now.

Any advice on how to prepare for this interview, or any news of passe interview will be welcome.

M

mikeymyke

redhunter said:
hi everybody,

You'll be fine as long as your wife does a good job at the interview. You guys need to talk to each other, and figure out how to address whatever red flags you have.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
@ redHunter Having myself and my wife went to the interview in last July 2013, my only advice is to tell the truth and everything should come naturally like if you are talking to someone normal.

In my interview, they listed their concerns and ask us all the applications questions.

Finally I would suggest you and your wife to prepare to explain situations that you guys think are red flags. If you go at the Interview with your wife they will ask you the same questions to see if you two have the sames answers

In our cases VO asked us random questions like what we did last week or talked about so be prepare to random life questions also

@ It is good to read other members experience but I believe each case is unique and therefore may not apply to your case. I remember to have told the same exact thing to TAYCOACO before his wife went to Interview and as we can read, it did not went like us ... so I would still continue to come in this forum since there are great information here and concentrate on your application and proof of genuine relationship which I believe is the ultimate key factor here.

Best of the luck and keep us updated!

Sep 13, 2013
Hey to all the Bangladeshi applicants out there for the SVO,

I am a student doing an undergrad degree. So I did not state any income when I submitted the application to sponsor my husband. But my husband provided his letter of intent stating that he would come to Canada and get a degree in education and hence get a job as a teacher. Also, I submitted a letter stating that I received OSAP loans and grants and as soon as I graduated I would get a job. Finally, my dad submitted a letter stating that he would finance us if we needed help.

Now my husband and I both have a funny feeling that my zero income might really have slowed down our application processing time. It could be that sponsors with a good income are given priority over sponsors with zero income?

This wait is pure torture. I wish SVO would really speeden things up. It isn't fair to families and couples.

Application filed: Aug 2012
Approved, meds received and sent to SVO: Oct 2012
no news since....

ECAS just says DECISION MADE (sponsor approved) and MEDICALS RECEIVED...

:(

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
nusaibah.husain said:

I am a student doing an undergrad degree. So I did not state any income when I submitted the application to sponsor my husband. But my husband provided his letter of intent stating that he would come to Canada and get a degree in education and hence get a job as a teacher. Also, I submitted a letter stating that I received OSAP loans and grants and as soon as I graduated I would get a job. Finally, my dad submitted a letter stating that he would finance us if we needed help.

Now my husband and I both have a funny feeling that my zero income might really have slowed down our application processing time. It could be that sponsors with a good income are given priority over sponsors with zero income?

This wait is pure torture. I wish SVO would really speeden things up. It isn't fair to families and couples.

no news since....

For sponsoring your spouse no need any income. There is no priority .

redhunter

May 19, 2013
Well, i thought i had more time to remove the red flags one by one, after looking at everyone's timeline and i started planning everything for next year. I guess depending on the country, the timeline is very different.

my spouse is from Cambodia, and i saw another person in this forum who is also Cambodian, and they also failed their interview.

Life is very hard.

PS: thanks for your support everyone.

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
One of my friend applied for his wife on May 2012. His file was transferred to SVO on August 2012. His spouse Received mail/ e-mail of re-medical on June 2013, then 3 weeks after re-medical request, they have received another mail to submit Passport with latest Police Clearance Certificate and 4 copy of picture. They sent all the requested stuffs & passport to SVO via VSF on 25th August. Ecas status changed last week. It shoes now "Decision Made". They are now waiting for their passport. Hope they ll get their passport back by the end of this month. I ll keep u guys posted once she receive her passport back.

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
Fortune89 said:
One of my friend applied for his wife on May 2012. His file was transferred to SVO on August 2012. His spouse Received mail/ e-mail of re-medical on June 2013, then 3 weeks after re-medical request, they have received another mail to submit Passport with latest Police Clearance Certificate and 4 copy of picture. They sent all the requested stuffs & passport to SVO via VSF on 25th August. Ecas status changed last week. It shoes now "Decision Made". They are now waiting for their passport. Hope they ll get their passport back by the end of this month. I ll keep u guys posted once she receive her passport back.
Thank you for updating us.

TorontoGuy44

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early July 2012
File Transfer...
Late Sep 2012; In Process: Late Aug 2013
Med's Request
Re-medical request: Early Sep 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012; Re-medical : Sep 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
6 weeks after re-medical; Ppt sent : Mid Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Early Nov, 2013
nusaibah.husain said:

no news since....

Hi Nusaibah,

For spousal sponsorships, there's no income requirement. If it did matter, it would have mattered in the sponsor approval stage. But you already have been approved as a sponsor long time ago.....

Many of the applicants whose file went to SVO in Oct 2012 haven't heard anything yet. ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnZilfOAxK_YdHF4QkxOMG5DLU5ja2FQSnMxRmVsSUE#gid=0 ) . My file was transferred to SVO in Sep 2012 and my wife got the re-med request as recently as the first week of September 2013.

The fact that you haven't received any interview letter is definitely a positive news. Have you tried ordering GCMS notes to see what's going on with your file?

Have some patience, you might already be very close to the end........

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
D.N.A request 29/5/2013- D.N.A result 10/9/2013
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
hi torontoguy 44,
congrats for getting re med req...its good to hear some movement in d forum

samkh

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/May/2012
Doc's Request.
13/Aug/2012
Nomination.....
12/July/2013 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
24/Aug/2012
Med's Request
04/July/2013
Med's Done....
1st on 21/March/2012 & 2nd on 05/July/2013
Interview........
Waived, Ecase In Process 04/July/2013
Passport Req..
10/Oct/2013, Mail over on 07/Nov/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/Nov/2013, Decision Made 24/Nov/2013, Complete 13/De/2013
LANDED..........
13/Dec/2013
every one is quite

eeza

May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013,package resent due to no med,24-02-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
nov.6,2013
LANDED..........
dec.10,2013
kaisin82 said:
Just visited CIC in Singapore. Wanted to summit my RPRF in advance.

1. They do not accept it as they can oy accept it after they request for it
2. Singapore is affected by the strike and processing time may take more than 2months
3. Due to the strike, passports will take a longer time to be returned back
4. For those in Malaysia, there is a new VAC in Malaysia now
hi,i hope you dont mind my joining.can i ask?,if we receive passport request,does it mean everything is ok?

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
eeza said:
hi,i hope you dont mind my joining.can i ask?,if we receive passport request,does it mean everything is ok?
they require passport to place Visa stamp on passports.