waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
Kimbo.780 said:
You are doing very well our PR has started Aug.14 2009!
Hey all,

First all Congrats to fruittropics!! The waiting game has been OVER for you.
Your timeline is almosty the same as mines but over on my end...still no news, no NOTHING!! :'(
Hopefully i get some good news soon or early this april. Im soo sick of wait this long process.
Sighh..... :( Heres my TIMELINE!

CIC Miss Received App: 28 Aug 2009

Letter Of Approval: 23 Sept 2009

CIC Singapore Start Processing App
: 5 Oct 2009

Kimbo.780

Mar 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September 2009
File Transfer...
03 October 2009
Interview........
22 November 2010
Hey ggood

how long have u'v been waiting?

its been 5months and 18days for mee ???

im hoping for some news from singapore this week :-[

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
We have been waiting since Aug.14 2009. We did get a letter for asking for some minor paper work and was sent in.My wife is from Vietnam and need to strat our life together. It did help that I could visit her allmost every 3 months,China airlines made abit of money from us!

Her medical runs out at the in of May,2010. What happens when we are getting so close to this date can i have some info on this?

Thank you very much.

zain

Sep 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just received a letter yesterday asking for dna testing...

Kimbo.780

Mar 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September 2009
File Transfer...
03 October 2009
Interview........
22 November 2010
fruittropics said:
Hi everyone.

I got my PPR today. I screamed and cried and almost fainted.
I'm submitting my passport in person tomorrow. They are open from 8.30am - 12.15pm Monday to Friday.
You will need to resubmit photos according to immigrations standard, not passport photos. (I'm going out to take photos now!!!) And include a self addressed envelope as well as select method of collection. (registered mail, courier (cash on delivery), or in person.)

I am relieved. Just a bit more of waiting and I can say I'm done with this visa agony.

I hope all of you get yours very soon too since our timelines are pretty close. I will update on all long it took for me to get my passport and COPR back.

Hey fruittropics

I wanted to know when u received your letter of PPR, did your husband also get any letters or any notice that u got the PPR?
Because I would like to know that my wife got her PPR, Im just worried that maybe they sent my wife's PPR and it got lost in
the mail somewhere. I feel soo miserable :-[

Thanks fruittropics

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
Kimbo.780 said:
Hey fruittropics

I wanted to know when u received your letter of PPR, did your husband also get any letters or any notice that u got the PPR?
Because I would like to know that my wife got her PPR, Im just worried that maybe they sent my wife's PPR and it got lost in
the mail somewhere. I feel soo miserable :-[

Thanks fruittropics

Hey Kimbo

When I received my letter of PPR it was registered mail. I didn't expect it and could have almost missed it. My husband did not get any letter or notice. In the registered mail was also all our photos, letters, cards. I used to think that my mail was also lost in transit and felt really miserable. But don't worry it's registered so it won't get lost. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll get it soon. My friend and I both got it just before the 6 month mark (including sponsorship approval time)

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
ggood said:
We have been waiting since Aug.14 2009. We did get a letter for asking for some minor paper work and was sent in.My wife is from Vietnam and need to strat our life together. It did help that I could visit her allmost every 3 months,China airlines made abit of money from us!

Her medical runs out at the in of May,2010. What happens when we are getting so close to this date can i have some info on this?

Thank you very much.
Hi ggood

Have you tried ordering CAIPS? At this point other than waiting you could order CAIPS so that you can read the officer's notes the one who is processing your case. Chances are that when you do receive your PPR request, it will come with a request to submit new medical. It may not be a full medical but it may also. Instructions will be given. Hang in there.

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
zain said:
i just received a letter yesterday asking for dna testing...
Hi Zain

What is the dna testing for?? your child? I hope everything goes well and you get good news for PPR.

zain

Sep 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi fruittropics..

Yea it's to determine if i'm the father...they probably think that it's a marriage of convenience to get a visa...our case is that we've not lived together....but got married last year and honeymoon at the same time in may..so apparently we've lived together for 9 days....and my wife found out she was pregnant in june...she obviously planned to come back here otherwise...but could not as she was facing difficulty during the pregnancy and wanted the baby to be canadian....she also found out that singapore does not allow foreign births...

dunno how strong our case is tho..we got engagement and wedding pics here in singapore..with friends and family...got logs, bills, receipts age difference is 6 yrs...so i guess age shouldn't be a problem..we also belong to similar backgrounds...i got to know her in september 2008 btw...

so now we are going ahead with the dna test but apparently it does not confirm that i will get the visa...here's to hoping otherwise....

Patrice

Jul 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/02/2010
Med's Done....
20/12/09
Hi All,

We got our sponsorship approval letter today. Very excitied!

Do you think it will be closer to 5 months or 14 months for everything to go through?

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Patrice :D

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
Hi Zain

I hope everything goes well and smooth for your application.

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
Patrice said:
Hi All,

We got our sponsorship approval letter today. Very excitied!

Do you think it will be closer to 5 months or 14 months for everything to go through?

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Patrice :D

Hi Patrice

It really depends on which country you're from. Are you singaporean?

Patrice

Jul 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/02/2010
Med's Done....
20/12/09
I'm Canadian and my husband is Nigerian and we are living in Thailand. The reason I am concerned is because our Thai visas expire in Septemeber.

Thanks!

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
Hi Patrice

I'm not too sure. From experience I've seen that Indians, Thai tend to get it generally faster than Singaporeans and other nationalities but I don't know about Nigerian. You should make plans in case for your visa expiration. Can't you extend or leave shortly and return?

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
Hi everyone

I received a call from the High Comm today and was totally exhilarated. I've been told that my passport and COPR is ready for collection and I'm dropping in on Monday to collect it.
This was unexpected considering how long I've seen others waited to get their passport returned plus they told me it'll take two weeks at least. I submitted my passport in person last wednesday and it's only been 9 days that it's ready now!

I guess they're currently working faster to clear some load before the Good Friday n Easter holiday. Perhaps some of you may receive passport requests or news this week or so if that is the case.

My visa wait journey is complete finally. I will land on 10 April 2010. Cannot wait to see my husband.
I wish all of you the best of luck and good timing and all. :)