02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Taycaoco said:
I don't have access to my own file and my wife's file on ECAS anymore, what the heck???
check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cant-access-ecas-t133549.0.html

they are upgrading ..i guess sometime today or tomorrow you will be able to access. lots of people havent been able to access for couple of days but mine have been working like few other people.

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Shiny88 said:
check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cant-access-ecas-t133549.0.html

they are upgrading ..i guess sometime today or tomorrow you will be able to access. lots of people havent been able to access for couple of days but mine have been working like few other people.
Merci Shiny88! :)

Mehfuza

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
12-11-20111
LANDED..........
will be one of the happiest day..
chingching0726 said:
Finally received the letter from Singapore Visa Office asked me to send my passport... lol...
But it seen to be having some problem with my medical reassessment, they do request me to do a re-scan on chest X-ray.

Anyway, still happy... lol ;D
hey congrats!!! Sorry i ws a bit bzy cldnt reply ur post. Well no update from my side. Its been 2 months since they sent the reassessment. By the way did ur ecas change? How did they inform u through mail or email? Really happy for u hope mine comes soon too :)

Phil1232

Jun 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22, 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
September 2012
Passport Req..
February 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hey Everyone,

I have some great news!! Last night my wife got an email with ppr. FYI here is our timeline:

Application sent: July 18th, 2012
Sponsor approval: Late August
In process: January 22nd, 2013
PPR: February 7, 2013

I have one problem and I hope someone on this thread can give me our advice. My wife had her medicals done mid-April last year. It is my understanding that the medicals are only good for 12 months and you cannot enter Canada, even with a visa, if your medicals are expired.

We are worried that, by the time she gets her passport back, her medicals may already have expired - or be about to expire - leaving us little time to book a flight. I have heard about a new medical extension procedure but I do not know anything about it. Is this something that is automatic, or do we have to request it. Would she be better off just redoing her medicals on her own when she drops off her visa with IOM (Vietnam immigration).

Thanks for anyone who can help!!!

HunterV

Mar 27, 2012
SINGAPORE
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
File Transfer...
24-10-2011
Med's Request
Re-med on 08-12-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-03-2013
Phil1232 said:
Hey Everyone,

I have some great news!! Last night my wife got an email with ppr. FYI here is our timeline:

Application sent: July 18th, 2012
Sponsor approval: Late August
In process: January 22nd, 2013
PPR: February 7, 2013

I have one problem and I hope someone on this thread can give me our advice. My wife had her medicals done mid-April last year. It is my understanding that the medicals are only good for 12 months and you cannot enter Canada, even with a visa, if your medicals are expired.

We are worried that, by the time she gets her passport back, her medicals may already have expired - or be about to expire - leaving us little time to book a flight. I have heard about a new medical extension procedure but I do not know anything about it. Is this something that is automatic, or do we have to request it. Would she be better off just redoing her medicals on her own when she drops off her visa with IOM (Vietnam immigration).

Thanks for anyone who can help!!!
Hi Phil and congratulations on having one of the shortest waiting times! 7 months to PPR is pretty awesome!

Anyway, are you sure that you cannot enter Canada without getting your medicals done? I'm pretty sure that issuing a Visa would mean that your wife is medically sound because the Visa office wouldn't issue one if there is a dire or long term medical issue at hand. It's expiry shouldn't implicate her entry into Canada. I've been able to visit Canada without going through a medical but, that could be en entirely different case.

Do you have a reference source that confirms entry will be denied with an expired medical? Cos i'm sure that the customs officer wouldn't ask you about it upon arrival and even on the rare chance if he does, it should show in their system that you've passed your medical upon visa issuance.

HunterV

Mar 27, 2012
SINGAPORE
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
File Transfer...
24-10-2011
Med's Request
Re-med on 08-12-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-03-2013
chingching0726 said:
Finally received the letter from Singapore Visa Office asked me to send my passport... lol...
But it seen to be having some problem with my medical reassessment, they do request me to do a re-scan on chest X-ray.

Anyway, still happy... lol ;D
Congrats! I got the same medical request too!

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
hi,

if i need to send pictures to singapore as additional documents, do you guys think i need to have my wife sign the IMM5476 E form and send me? tht form is for appointing a representative. i thought since i am sponsor i have the authority to send any documents. in the gcms notes it said for her that IMM5476 file not found. its confusing now.

chingching0726

Oct 22, 2012
Mehfuza said:
hey congrats!!! Sorry i ws a bit bzy cldnt reply ur post. Well no update from my side. Its been 2 months since they sent the reassessment. By the way did ur ecas change? How did they inform u through mail or email? Really happy for u hope mine comes soon too :)
Hi Mehfuza,

They inform me through registered mail. And they included with the instruction for me to send over my passport and redo my chest X-ray.
Well, I just get my X-ray done today. so I going to mail over my passport 2 weeks later.
I'm sure you can get your mail soon as well. Since we are in the same time frame.

Wish you luck.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
any news @ Alibaba_ctg,desi1234? i wanna go bd once my daughter turn 2month and once i receive her birth certificate which will be sometime next month if am right. then stay minimum 1month and return back to canada with hubby, now i am thinking of the possibility to get visa by may. now tension about when they will request passport and then how long to issue visa. cant be in bd for too long. :-X

Desi1234

Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/2011
AOR Received.
3/2011
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
3/2013
VISA ISSUED...
1/5/2013
LANDED..........
4/5/2013
Shiny88 said:
any news @ Alibaba_ctg,desi1234? i wanna go bd once my daughter turn 2month and once i receive her birth certificate which will be sometime next month if am right. then stay minimum 1month and return back to canada with hubby, now i am thinking of the possibility to get visa by may. now tension about when they will request passport and then how long to issue visa. cant be in bd for too long. :-X
Hi shiny88, no more update at this point. Hoping to receive PPR any day now. So close......

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Desi1234 said:
Hi shiny88, no more update at this point. Hoping to receive PPR any day now. So close......
i just hope they dont take an eternity to request passport n visa, within 2month everything completed hopefully ::)

Mehfuza

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
12-11-20111
LANDED..........
will be one of the happiest day..
chingching0726 said:
Hi Mehfuza,

They inform me through registered mail. And they included with the instruction for me to send over my passport and redo my chest X-ray.
Well, I just get my X-ray done today. so I going to mail over my passport 2 weeks later.
I'm sure you can get your mail soon as well. Since we are in the same time frame.

Wish you luck.
[/quote ]

Randomname

Jan 25, 2013
Hi All,

So my wife finally received her Passport request and extra medicals letter, hooray! However there is a problem. On one of the pages addressed to the physician they gave us an IME number, but there is blasted typo in the UCI number!!! It's exactly the same UCI I've been using since I was approved as a sponsor, except the last digit is 7 instead of 8, which it is supposed to be. Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation? I'm concerned because the physician will have to put the right IME number, I don't know if that IME has been associated with the wrong UCI number (ECAS has been down the last week so I havent been able to check my status). I have already emailed Singapore asking them what to do. Should I tell her to just go ahead with the medical and give the doctor the right UCI number?

Thanks

Phil1232

Jun 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22, 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
September 2012
Passport Req..
February 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Randomname said:
Hi All,

So my wife finally received her Passport request and extra medicals letter, hooray! However there is a problem. On one of the pages addressed to the physician they gave us an IME number, but there is blasted typo in the UCI number!!! It's exactly the same UCI I've been using since I was approved as a sponsor, except the last digit is 7 instead of 8, which it is supposed to be. Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation? I'm concerned because the physician will have to put the right IME number, I don't know if that IME has been associated with the wrong UCI number (ECAS has been down the last week so I havent been able to check my status). I have already emailed Singapore asking them what to do. Should I tell her to just go ahead with the medical and give the doctor the right UCI number?

Thanks
Hey congrats on getting the PPR! I thought there was a typo on mine as well, however it appears that it's the spouses UCI (which is different than the sponsors). Try to log into Ecas using that number, except use your spouses family name and birthdate as well. It may be that it is her UCI.

If that doesn't work, it may be that there really is a typo and you should contact Singapore.