January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Hello121 said:
Hey Taycaoco, couldnt it be moreso due to increased applications from these 3rd world countries? It seems the longer the wait time the more it would cost Canada(especially sponsoring 3rd world) so you would think they would try to make the times as quick as possible.(?)
Why would it cost more for the Canadian government if the waiting time gets longer? Do you mean that taxes can not be collected from these applicants (future workers) while they are abroad? Also, the money that sponsors send to them are not spent here in Canada? Etc.? Is that what you mean?

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Taycaoco said:
Why would it cost more for the Canadian government if the waiting time gets longer? Do you mean that taxes can not be collected from these applicants (future workers) while they are abroad? Also, the money that sponsors send to them are not spent here in Canada? Etc.? Is that what you mean?

Yes, mostly that I'm sure alot of sponsors are spending alot of money outside Canada during this long-ass process. It doesnt really seem to help Canada if there are alot of us sending alot of money outside Canada(financial support, vacations to see spouse, calling cards..etc) Canadian money that could better be spent on homes, cars, education, services.. here.

Probably not alot with those that have their spouse come fast but 15-20-30-40 month wait times could cost alot if there are many waiting this long.

Talked yesterday with a fella that sponsored his wife from Cuba. She is now here but they waited just over 3 years and he is now considering bankruptcy.

Canada certainly has to know this stuff so it would seem that adding extra time wouldnt really benefit them.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
rakibcsebuet said:
Here goes my time line:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on February 5, 2012.

Decision Made : August 5, 2012

I have submitted my passport via FedEx to CIC Singapore on May 22nd, 2012 and got my visa on August 16th, 2012 ! After almost 3 months !
So how did you get your passport VFS or FedEX?

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi buddies:

What is the difference in file numbers starting with F 0000xxxxxxxxxxx (or) B 000xxxxxxxxx ????

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Amy612 said:
So how did you get your passport VFS or FedEX?
It came through FedEx as I have paid FedEx in advance and arranged for a remote pick up. I also sent my control number to CIC Singapore. That's it!

I am really amazed with the prompt service of FedEx :)

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Hello121 said:
Yes, mostly that I'm sure alot of sponsors are spending alot of money outside Canada during this long-ass process. It doesnt really seem to help Canada if there are alot of us sending alot of money outside Canada(financial support, vacations to see spouse, calling cards..etc) Canadian money that could better be spent on homes, cars, education, services.. here.

Probably not alot with those that have there spouse come fast but 15-20-30-40 month wait times could cost alot if there are many waiting this long.

Talked yesterday with a fella that sponsored his wife from Cuba. She is now here but they waited just over 3 years and he is now considering bankruptcy.

Canada certainly has to know this stuff so it would seem that adding extra time wouldnt really benefit them.
I fear that immigration is a more complex issue than money and incomes my friend.

As evidence, the millionaires seeking to immigrate to Canada must wait 12 years.

NEWS said:
Millionaires Wait in Queue for 12 years - Canada Immigration

Millionaires are not used to being in queue - much less a queue that makes them stand in line for 12 years ! Looks like more than 22,000 millionaires are choosing to do just that. Is it a choice because of lack of alternatives ? Or is it a choice because of a lack of awareness of alternatives.

A news story in the Toronto Sun confirms that Canada's investor program continues to face a large backlog. Canada's investor immigration backlog keeps millionaires out of Canada. "More than 22,500 foreign millionaires are waiting abroad to resettle in Canada, bringing with them more than $9 billion to help cash-strapped Ottawa, immigration officials say."

The current Canadian investor program requires a networth of C$1,600,000. The investors who qualify for this program would very much qualify for the following programs -

The United States EB5 program - Processing time is 8 to 12 months.
The United Kingdom Investor program - Processing time averages 6 months.
The St. Kitts opportunity - Processing time averages 4 months.
The European Investor Immigration opportunity - Processing time averages 4 months.
The Dominica citizenship program - Processing time averages 3 months.
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/10/07/immigration-backlog-keeping-millionaires-out-of-canada

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
dayum. Well that blows every theory I had right outta the water.lol

hardtowait

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
August 20, 2012
Med's Request
July 11, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17, 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 08, 2014
Hi Raqib: If I look at your timeline it was almsot 20 months waiting (punishing) time for you! Would you tell us what do you think was the reason to be delayed so long for your case ? Any mistake in the application or interview or red flag or nothing but waiting merely ? Please share little bit of your long experience with CIC singapore. Thanking you in advance. **************************************************

rakibcsebuet said:
It came through FedEx as I have paid FedEx in advance and arranged for a remote pick up. I also sent my control number to CIC Singapore. That's it!

I am really amazed with the prompt service of FedEx :)

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
hardtowait said:
Hi Raqib: If I look at your timeline it was almsot 20 months waiting (punishing) time for you! Would you tell us what do you think was the reason to be delayed so long for your case ? Any mistake in the application or interview or red flag or nothing but waiting merely ? Please share little bit of your long experience with CIC singapore. Thanking you in advance. **************************************************
I needed a DNA testing with my child which took a long time. Sample collection and other things regarding that.

hardtowait

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
August 20, 2012
Med's Request
July 11, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17, 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 08, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Welcome to Canada! Soon!

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
rakibcsebuet said:
I needed a DNA testing with my child which took a long time. Sample collection and other things regarding that.
Oh i see, by the way are you the sponsor or the sponsored person?i was wondering if they ask dna only to the sponsored person that is female or they ask for the male too that is being sponsored? And do you have to pay the cost of it or they just send you to do? how they do it from overseas?I was questioning myself about that.. any info would be appreciated

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Shiny88 said:
Oh i see, by the way are you the sponsor or the sponsored person?i was wondering if they ask dna only to the sponsored person that is female or they ask for the male too that is being sponsored? And do you have to pay the cost of it or they just send you to do? how they do it from overseas?I was questioning myself about that.. any info would be appreciated
My wife who lives in Canada is my sponsor.
And, we both needed a DNA testing with our child. So, in total 3 persons !!! and of course all the cost was paid by us :) Canadian government is not responsible for that.

My wife and child have given their specimen in Canada and I have given mine here in Dhaka. Actually this specimen collection process took a long time. Because, in Dhaka, only 2/3 times of the year specimen for DNA test is collected. If you are far away from those dates, then you have to wait for long that's what happened to me!

Hope these information helps you.

Thanks.

Sponbd

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
rakibcsebuet said:
My wife who lives in Canada is my sponsor.
And, we both needed a DNA testing with our child. So, in total 3 persons !!! and of course all the cost was paid by us :) Canadian government is not responsible for that.

My wife and child have given their specimen in Canada and I have given mine here in Dhaka. Actually this specimen collection process took a long time. Because, in Dhaka, only 2/3 times of the year specimen for DNA test is collected. If you are far away from those dates, then you have to wait for long that's what happened to me!

Hope these information helps you.

Thanks.
you had your baby born before or after you got sponsored by your wife ?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
All these struggles Teach us the same thing

Get married in Canada ! No Bankruptcy, no Pain, No waiting time, Full of happiness !