+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

kcmtno

May 1, 2012
5 weeks passed but my familly passports are not back yet in IOM vietnam.
in singapore they dont have enough officcer to processe all cases. haiza, long time to wait my parents coming
they sent me the email:
I have checked the status of this file ().

As his sponsor claims, this case was finalized. However, visas are not ready yet due to our extremely heavy work loads.

Although we are sending out 10 cases (or more) tomorrow to IOM Vietnam, this particular case will not be included in the shipment.

Please advise PA/Sponsor that any enquiries regarding their case status have to be addressed to us directly by E-mail or Fax.

I hope this information will be of assistance.

kcmtno

May 1, 2012
stevent said:
Hi kcmtno,
Have your parents received their visas from Singapore yet? I heard that it would take more than a month, or even 2 months in some cases, to receive visas after passports were submitted. You indicated that your parents submitted their passports to IOM office in HCMC on May 12th and you already booked airplane tickets for them to land in Canada on June 3rd. I'm wondering if that is a bit risky. My wife is waiting for her visa from Singapore too but IOM personnel in HCMC advised me not to buy the airplane ticket yet. She also advised me there were cases that took up to 8 weeks to receive visas after passport submission. It now takes longer than before due to a backlog of files to be completed. Just some thoughts on what I know. I hope your parents are receiving their visas soon. Cheers!
hi stevent
if your wife receveid passport bak?

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Shiny88 said:
Applicant who receive interview letter ecas shows only application received as of other applicant that the file goes in process mostly receive ppr request. I think i know what i am talking about.
Shiny
I wish your research comes to be true ..you know my feeling now. so scared to know the next move. If they ask for interview I am gonna leave my 17 years of home here and everything to go live with my husband. :'( :'( :'(

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shaheenaz said:
Shiny
I wish your research comes to be true ..you know my feeling now. so scared to know the next move. If they ask for interview I am gonna leave my 17 years of home here and everything to go live with my husband. :'( :'( :'(
I am not an expert, and hardly do any research. I totally agree with Shiny88, thats what i have been hearing last almost 2 years. When it is" in process" ; interview waived (Thats what happening all the time). So dont worry.. just stay positive. And yes My wife and shiny88's husband got interview letter so I guess we know what we talking about.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Shaheenaz said:
Shiny
I also think when file is In Process it means no interview is required for relationship. But still they can call interview if something pop up during back ground clearence. So we are positive :D

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
kcmtno said:
hi stevent
if your wife receveid passport bak?
No, not yet, but hopefully by end of June or early July. 8)
How about your parents? Have they? Did you reschedule their flights?

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
silenthill_ca said:
I am not an expert, and hardly do any research. I totally agree with Shiny88, thats what i have been hearing last almost 2 years. When it is" in process" ; interview waived (Thats what happening all the time). So dont worry.. just stay positive. And yes My wife and shiny88's husband got interview letter so I guess we know what we talking about.
I agree with silenthill_ca. Just stay positive. Good news about your interview being waived will come soon. Best wishes to you and your family. :D

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Wrong

this is how it goes for both FAM and FSW category.

IN PRoCESS ==(Interview waived/interview/asking for additional docs)==MR for FSW and PPr for FAM== Final security check is carried out===Passport back with Visa.

nothing to worry about. Many got passed with their tension high interviews. just gotta keep the nerve.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Seems to me that if an interview is needed they wouldn't update the ecas to 'in process'. I dont think any of us who are interview bound were updated with an 'in process' on ecas.

Good stuff I believe Shaheenaz! :)

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
uggggh whatever makes you happy.............. must be right lol

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Everyone thank you so much for you thoughts and share. I will be positive and count my days for PPR InSha Allah

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
HHas everyone headed towards the weekend tour ??

Rise and shine everyone !!! Tweet !!!

kcmtno

May 1, 2012
stevent said:
I agree with silenthill_ca. Just stay positive. Good news about your interview being waived will come soon. Best wishes to you and your family. :D
Steve: this week is sixth, still waiting. I hope you and silent, received passport back.
Hope every familly will union asp. Pray for all.

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
In January, I sent an email to Singapour to give them the new address of my wife. They haven't update the application status until Monday. It took them 6 months. The fact that they finally changed the address is it a good sign? Like, they will give the date of the interview soon? I'm waiting for 1 year and a half now. :mad: Sigh...

@Shiny88:

Pourquoi tu continues à parler à la personne qui a insulté ton mari? Toujours aucun signe de la date d'entrevue? J'ai vraiment pour l'entrevue parce que je suis allé sur canlii (Canadian Legal Information Institute) pour voir les jugements sur les personnes qui ont été refusés. Tu peux taper immigration interview Bangladesh pour voir des centaines de cas. Ça donne une idée du pourquoi leurs demandes ont été rejetées.

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kcmtno said:
Steve: this week is sixth, still waiting. I hope you and silent, received passport back.
Hope every familly will union asp. Pray for all.
No still didnt get any email about returning passport. still waiting..