10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I have mailed DHL. They don't carry passport from Bangladesh without an organization entity.
it means, they carry passport of employees of companies, not of any individual who is aiming to travel for personal purposes. I have not mailed UPS. FedEx does carry Passport with an authorization letter and costs one way around $125

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
jnathan said:
I have mailed DHL. They don't carry passport from Bangladesh without an organization entity.
it means, they carry passport of employees of companies, not of any individual who is aiming to travel for personal purposes. I have not mailed UPS. FedEx does carry Passport with an authorization letter and costs one way around $125
Guys here is where I am at, I have spoken to DHL and FedEx, Dhaka. DHL don't provide prepaid service and both DHL & FedEx have concerns about how BD custom will deal with passport carried by them. It appears that BD customs don't like the idea of these courier companies carrying passport to personal addresses. So I would really like to have someone's experience on this matter, who had already used their service to get passport(s) from CHC-Singapore office. Thanks.

kcmtno

May 1, 2012
Bold9900 said:
Hello kcmtno,

can you give me your time line?
thank for all people caring of my case, i will check and tell all about my parents document . the passports submited one week already. the girls work in IOM- vietnam, tell my father, it take 2 weeks or there week for passport back. because in the letter which they sent to my parent. told that the visas are issued alredy. i think everything will be finish next week.

i will update for all you to know.

goodluck all.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
bdlugger said:
Guys here is where I am at, I have spoken to DHL and FedEx, Dhaka. DHL don't provide prepaid service and both DHL & FedEx have concerns about how BD custom will deal with passport carried by them. It appears that BD customs don't like the idea of these courier companies carrying passport to personal addresses. So I would really like to have someone's experience on this matter, who had already used their service to get passport(s) from CHC-Singapore office. Thanks.
bloomfield safely received his/her passport through FedEx on 10th May 2012.
Bangladesh customs might have issues with amount of bribes and they will surely try harassing these courier companies. Every government official in Bangladesh is corrupt. I still believe that courier companies like FedEx/DHL/UPS has the western entities and customs wouldnt dare to harass them as reaction would directly come from US/EU missions if they came to know about any bribery allegation to those courier companies from the customs.

mzr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-11-2010
Med's Request
28-08-2011
Med's Done....
06-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012, I received PP in hand 28-06-2012
LANDED..........
5 Sept 2012
jnathan said:
bloomfield safely received his/her passport through FedEx on 10th May 2012.
Bangladesh customs might have issues with amount of bribes and they will surely try harassing these courier companies. Every government official in Bangladesh is corrupt. I still believe that courier companies like FedEx/DHL/UPS has the western entities and customs wouldnt dare to harass them as reaction would directly come from US/EU missions if they came to know about any bribery allegation to those courier companies from the customs.
I actually agree with jnathan on the matter of FedEX/DHL/UPS coming under fire by the custom authorities. There is a LAW in place for sending/receiving passports which is to collect the proper authorization from Home/Foreign Ministry. As I currently work in one of the companies listed here, I must request you to bring the passports by hand (through a family contact/friend). FedEX/DHL will not guarantee the "safe" import of passports as its against the law - just as it is to send them out of the country without proper authorization papers attached, it is a costly risk you are taking when using such express companies.

Regards

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
As long as these passports have no counterfeit visas on them and has the authorization letter from both the applicant and the Canadian High Commissions, I dont think customs would create big problems. Courier companies operating in Bangladesh surely know how much to bribe these corrupt customs officers to release these passports. actually, courier companies are not bound to declare what is inside in terms of passports and they are considered as paper documents and contain legal visas.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
mzr said:
I actually agree with jnathan on the matter of FedEX/DHL/UPS coming under fire by the custom authorities. There is a LAW in place for sending/receiving passports which is to collect the proper authorization from Home/Foreign Ministry. As I currently work in one of the companies listed here, I must request you to bring the passports by hand (through a family contact/friend). FedEX/DHL will not guarantee the "safe" import of passports as its against the law - just as it is to send them out of the country without proper authorization papers attached, it is a costly risk you are taking when using such express companies.

Regards
mzr have you decided to go with registered mail, have you received your passport yet? How reliable you think would be the registered mail? Thanks.

mzr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-11-2010
Med's Request
28-08-2011
Med's Done....
06-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012, I received PP in hand 28-06-2012
LANDED..........
5 Sept 2012
I will definitely go with - by hand, option. I will ask my friend in Singapore to pick up the passports for me from SVO. I suggest all should do the same.

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bdlugger said:

Have you heard anything back from Singapore yet for your passport return? We have almost similar timeline actually you are 1 week ahead of me..

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
bdlugger said:
If you want, I can PM you the contact # and the name of the FedEx employee we dealt with in Dhaka. Actually my sister dealt with him as I am in Canada. Please let me know.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
silenthill_ca said:
Have you heard anything back from Singapore yet for your passport return? We have almost similar timeline actually you are 1 week ahead of me..
Yes I got that standard e-mail from them yesterday. Now have to figure out how to get the passport, I am going to stick with registered I think, using commercial courier is too much hastle I guess, and not everyone has people in singapore to hand pick the passport. Even if I had someone they would have to send the passport to BD by some means, goes back to the same court.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
bloomfield said:
If you want, I can PM you the contact # and the name of the FedEx employee we dealt with in Dhaka. Actually my sister dealt with him as I am in Canada. Please let me know.
Hey Bloomfield, can you please, That would be a big favor.

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
I sent a message to my sister and will forward to you as soon as I receive the info.

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
bdlugger said:
Hey Bloomfield, can you please, That would be a big favor.
PMed u the contact info.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Good to see people wanna play gambling with reception method of their passports.