Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Shiny88 said:
Its seems like gcms note has nothing that useful that can clear the confusion:-\
You are right. But the notes at least give you an idea where are you at. The confusion game is not over until you hear something decisive from the VO.

rasu

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 2011
AOR Received.
OCT 2011
File Transfer...
MISSISSAGA TO SINGAPORE FEB 10th 2011
Med's Done....
Redone 06.01.13
Interview........
Done 3rd December
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Shiny88 said:
Its seems like gcms note has nothing that useful that can clear the confusion:-\
Shaheenaz said:
You are right. But the notes at least give you an idea where are you at. The confusion game is not over until you hear something decisive from the VO.
greatfull & completely agree both of u guys. inshaallah very soon will grant our pititions.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
F8CK ECASSSSSSS THE DAMN APPLICATION IS RECEIVED SINCE BIRTH!!!!!!!!!!!F8CKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK THE DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
OFFICERS MOUTH WORKING ON OUR FILE. I WISH THEM THE WORST,THAT THE WORST POSSIBLE
THING HAPPEN TO THE MOTHERF8CKER WHO PUT US IN THE INTERVIEW LIST. THAT HE/SHE NEVER SEE
THE DAY LIGHT AGAIN. THAT ONE MORE TEAR OF ME GIVES THEM THOUSANDS DAYS OF DARKNESS.

NOTHING IS CHANGING,SEEMS NOTHING GONNA CHANGE THOSE MUTHERF8CKER WAITS US TO HANG
OURSELF! THAT THEIR LOVED ONE DISSAPEAR FROM THEIR LIFE, THAT HAPINESS NEVER COMES TO THEIR LIFE.

YES I WISH THAT PEOPLE!!!YOU MIGHT SAY I AM HEARTLESS.BUT TOO BAD!I HAVE FEELINGS TOO!!
I AM FEELING LIKE DYING THESE DAYS, UNTOLERABLE!!!!!! GOD TAKE ME OR GIVE ME THE OTHER PART OF ME TO ME. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :'(

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
rasu said:
greatfull & completely agree both of u guys. inshaallah very soon will grant our pititions.
GOOD TO KNOW YOU HAVE HIGH HOPE, I AM DAMN HOPELESS, I WANT TO BE BURRIED ALIVE, IT MIGHT BE LESS PAINFUL THAN WAITING WITHOUT KNOWING, ATLEAST I KNOW ONCE MY HEART STOPS TO BEAT I WILL DIE, BUT THIS PROCESS IS SO DAMN UNKNOWN NOWAY TO KNOW NOTHING. ..

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Hello,

I am working in Canada and my wife is in indonesia. Seems like the visa office would be singapore. I am in the process of submitting my sponsor application. I am waiting for the forms completed by my wife and sent to me. In the area specific form checklist, it says medicals and police certificate to be also done now and sent to sponsor. So she can do the both and send to me which i can add to my sponsor application?? I thought the visa office requests for those. Can anyone let me know if they sent the medicals and pcc at same time when sending the sponsor application??? Please advise, i need to start applying as soon i can. Thanks in advance for any help

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neel09 said:
Hello,

I am working in Canada and my wife is in indonesia. Seems like the visa office would be singapore. I am in the process of submitting my sponsor application. I am waiting for the forms completed by my wife and sent to me. In the area specific form checklist, it says medicals and police certificate to be also done now and sent to sponsor. So she can do the both and send to me which i can add to my sponsor application?? I thought the visa office requests for those. Can anyone let me know if they sent the medicals and pcc at same time when sending the sponsor application??? Please advise, i need to start applying as soon i can. Thanks in advance for any help
Are you Indonesian residing in Canada? If your wife is in Indonesia, then your case will be handled by Singapore through an Outland process. Unless she's with you here in Toronto (she can be, under a temporary visa/TRV, this is what we call dual-intent), then you will be applying Inland.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want your wife to send her Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian and Medical to be sent to you, whilst you complete the remaining documents; and you will send everything together in a package to CIC-Missisauga? Don't "expect" much from these Visa Offices. The more preparation you do ahead of time, the more likely you will save time. Don't wait for them to request something from you; provide them everything from the get-go!

You should refer to this thread here. That person should be the example of how every case should be prepped.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
evanhindra said:
Are you Indonesian residing in Canada? If your wife is in Indonesia, then your case will be handled by Singapore through an Outland process. Unless she's with you here in Toronto (she can be, under a temporary visa/TRV, this is what we call dual-intent), then you will be applying Inland.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want your wife to send her Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian and Medical to be sent to you, whilst you complete the remaining documents; and you will send everything together in a package to CIC-Missisauga? Don't "expect" much from these Visa Offices. The more preparation you do ahead of time, the more likely you will save time. Don't wait for them to request something from you; provide them everything from the get-go!

You should refer to this thread here. That person should be the example of how every case should be prepped.
Thanks for your reply Evanhindra. I am originally from india, and my wife is chinese staying in indonesia and she have an indonesian passport. We got married in hong kong last year december. Well then i will get her medicals and police certs done and send to me so that i can include all together with my sponsor application. So how was your experience with the visa office in singapore? I mean are they "very" slow or like reasonably slow? The process times showing on the cic website for singapore shows 21 months. Thats crazy. Thats why i was curious to know how much time did u go through this process from this visa office? Thanks Much

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neel09 said:
Thanks for your reply Evanhindra. I am originally from india, and my wife is chinese staying in indonesia and she have an indonesian passport. We got married in hong kong last year december. Well then i will get her medicals and police certs done and send to me so that i can include all together with my sponsor application. So how was your experience with the visa office in singapore? I mean are they "very" slow or like reasonably slow? The process times showing on the cic website for singapore shows 21 months. Thats crazy. Thats why i was curious to know how much time did u go through this process from this visa office? Thanks Much
11 months-ish. Most of the people I know who applied around the same time as I did, took about 9 months. That 21 months is the worst case scenario. I can't say Singapore is slow. They probably have a lot of applications from SEA in general. I guess SEA is becoming "less desirable" to live these days. At least that's why I left Indonesia.

At times, they'd answer my Emails within hours (2-3 hours).

Don't forget you must submit your proofs of your genuine relationship. Submit lots and lots of stories, photos and informations on your relationship. crucial.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Thanks Evanhindra,

I was looking at your time frame and it said u filed the application on 06/04/11 and you did your medicals on 11/02/11. So you did not do the medicals at the same time when you applied for your sponsorship application? So you did your medicals after you got the medical request from the visa office? In the area specific checklist it lists the medicals and pcc to be done at the same time and send to sponsor for him/her to file the sponsor application. Along with with the application forms there was one form which said that it should be taken to the designated medical practitioner to get medical done.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
F8CK ECASSSSSSS THE DAMN APPLICATION IS RECEIVED SINCE BIRTH!!!!!!!!!!!F8CKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK THE DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
OFFICERS MOUTH WORKING ON OUR FILE. I WISH THEM THE WORST,THAT THE WORST POSSIBLE
THING HAPPEN TO THE MOTHERF8CKER WHO PUT US IN THE INTERVIEW LIST. THAT HE/SHE NEVER SEE
THE DAY LIGHT AGAIN. THAT ONE MORE TEAR OF ME GIVES THEM THOUSANDS DAYS OF DARKNESS.

NOTHING IS CHANGING,SEEMS NOTHING GONNA CHANGE THOSE MUTHERF8CKER WAITS US TO HANG
OURSELF! THAT THEIR LOVED ONE DISSAPEAR FROM THEIR LIFE, THAT HAPINESS NEVER COMES TO THEIR LIFE.

YES I WISH THAT PEOPLE!!!YOU MIGHT SAY I AM HEARTLESS.BUT TOO BAD!I HAVE FEELINGS TOO!!
I AM FEELING LIKE DYING THESE DAYS, UNTOLERABLE!!!!!! GOD TAKE ME OR GIVE ME THE OTHER PART OF ME TO ME. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :'(

THOSE MUTHERF8CKER WAITS US TO HANGOURSELF! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Going to see the wife soon...20 hour layover at Hong Kong!!!! :eek: :(

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Hello121 said:
Going to see the wife soon...20 hour layover at Hong Kong!!!! :eek: :(
At least it's HKG and not SGN :D you could be paying 3.50 US for a 350ml bottle of water!
My return ticket this time included a 10-hour layover at ICN, which is arguably the nicest airport in the world. If I didn't have to get back to Canada for work, I'd spend twice that lounging around and shopping!
Enjoy your trip back and have a great time with your wife. Remember to keep collecting tickets, receipts, etc. as extra evidence for the interview!

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
dangerJones said:
At least it's HKG and not SGN :D you could be paying 3.50 US for a 350ml bottle of water!
My return ticket this time included a 10-hour layover at ICN, which is arguably the nicest airport in the world. If I didn't have to get back to Canada for work, I'd spend twice that lounging around and shopping!
Enjoy your trip back and have a great time with your wife. Remember to keep collecting tickets, receipts, etc. as extra evidence for the interview!
Thanks Danger,

yeah, Hong Kongs right up there too so I could have done worse. 20 hours though.lol

http://www.worldairportawards.com/

Went through Taipei (which is nicer than Toronto) the last couple of times and it didnt make top 10 so I am kinda looking forward to it but don't really feel like spending money there. Bottle of water in Cambodia...10c. :)

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Hello121 said:
Thanks Danger,

yeah, Hong Kongs right up there too so I could have done worse. 20 hours though.lol

http://www.worldairportawards.com/

Went through Taipei (which is nicer than Toronto) the last couple of times and it didnt make top 10 so I am kinda looking forward to it but don't really feel like spending money there. Bottle of water in Cambodia...10c. :)
Hehehehe very true. Hope you find a nice place to snooze. Look for the resting lounges, with long reclining chairs. There's one hidden behind the smoking lounge near Gate 43, if you're near there. Great place to lie down and rest between connections. I have to say that one of my guilty pleasures each time I fly back through HKG from Vietnam is stopping at a Starbucks to have a frappuccino, just for the shot of familiarity after the time spent in Vietnam. Not that I don't like Vietnamese coffee of course!

And yeah, the prices are actually pretty good in VN--outside the airport, a 1L bottle of water is 10,000 VND/50c CAD. It's in the International terminal at Ho Chi Minh City where they really get you. Prices are incredibly inflated, and not a water fountain to be seen anywhere, of course--so parched travellers have no choice. Still, it's arguably the best airport in Vietnam.

Looking at that website, I see that a number of my favourites have placed in the 10, including HKG and ICN; also, YVR is tops in North America. Too bad Tokyo-Narita sucks so bad, otherwise I'd have all my usual routes covered :D